You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aboomination

Containers for watching WoWS on Twitch

58 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles

So - if you're watching WoWS on twitch, you now have a small chance of receiving a loot container (see below) if your game and twitch accounts are linked* - since there's no announcement on the portal/launcher, I thought I'd let you know.

I was confused as heck since I received one shortly after using the "Ring" event code :cap_wander_2:

*Detailshttps://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/173879-psa-random-twitch-container

Spoiler

shot-18.11.02_21.05.08-0808.jpg

shot-18.11.02_21.05.16-0622.jpg

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles
Just now, DRA_Harkesh said:

Got mine while watching Blizzcon, not sure if it's related to wows content. :cap_wander:

You mean it's actually a compensation for Diablo Immortal?

[V-I-P]
Players
11 posts
5,644 battles
3 minutes ago, aboomination said:

You mean it's actually a compensation for Diablo Immortal?

Nope, no useless pet in my container. Wouldn't that be the usual compensation?

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,497 posts
11,621 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, DRA_Harkesh sagte:

Got mine while watching Blizzcon, not sure if it's related to wows content. :cap_wander:

Maybe you get the first container simply for having the accounts linked.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
640 posts
3,670 battles

Ah, I was already wondering where I got my twitch container from. 

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
5 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Maybe you get the first container simply for having the accounts linked.

That is what happened to me. Was only watching YT lately, but twitch was still linked. Got 1 container. 

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles

Have it attached since april, still unable to use twitch port or anything related.

Specialgaming at its finest...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,455 posts
7,841 battles

I got 3 Twitch containers and was pretty surprised about that... I have to assume that I got those 3 because I've been livestreaming Warships on Twitch?

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
53 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Have it attached since april, still unable to use twitch port or anything related.

The twitch port was a claimable reward for twitch prime users together with Captain Kappa. It was offered only once, and could not be claimed retroactively.

A month later the reward was Texas with twitch camo. I forgot to claim the first month rewards, but got the twitch camo and some silver for my Texas.

• Cool 1

[KENS]
[KENS]
Players
51 posts
9,018 battles
1 hour ago, Kenliero said:

I got 3 Twitch containers and was pretty surprised about that... I have to assume that I got those 3 because I've been livestreaming Warships on Twitch?

Nope, I also got 3 containers, while I watch a lot of twitch with various different streamers I don’t stream myself 

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles
9 minutes ago, HNRDecado said:

Nope, I also got 3 containers, while I watch a lot of twitch with various different streamers I don’t stream myself 

But did Ken actually watch anyone's stream? However, I forwarded the question to the NA thread (OP), so we should get a definite answer eventually.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,455 posts
7,841 battles
9 minutes ago, aboomination said:

But did Ken actually watch anyone's stream? However, I forwarded the question to the NA thread (OP), so we should get a definite answer eventually.

Well, actually did I watchmy own in laptop, because that is how I see the chat :D

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles
Just now, Kenliero said:

Well, actually did I watchmy own in laptop, because that is how I see the chat :D

That's to be expected ;) My guess is that the algorithm doesn't differentiate between your own and other people's stream.

Players
2,688 posts
6,977 battles

I already watched a lot of wows on twitch almost every day, and played on stream with people like Crystantos, Ritagamer, Femennenly and a few others. Being really active there! But no containers till I read this here and linked the stuff for which I don't really see a purpose?

But anyway, once I had linked the stuff I received the container right after first battle :Smile_medal:

The contents was alright, the container art itself looked great! Like usual.

And no joke, but I think the container art is something WG is really good in and for me it adds to the immersion :Smile_great:

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,497 posts
11,621 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, NothingButTheRain sagte:

But no containers till I read this here and linked the stuff for which I don't really see a purpose?

Well, how should the game know that you are watching streams if the accounts are not linked? Or how should Twitch know to which accounts the containers have to be send?

• Cool 1

Players
2,688 posts
6,977 battles
4 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Well, how should the game know that you are watching streams if the accounts are not linked? Or how should Twitch know to which accounts the containers have to be send?

Very true. But what I kinda meant to say is that it seemed to me more about linking the accounts and less about being very active on twitch at that very moment.

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
16 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Rewards for not playing the game ?

Rewards for watching the game.

Weekend Tester
555 posts
5,067 battles

I received one container for being linked to Twitch.

I then logged onto Twitch (which I have never watched before), left Flamu's commentary on Kings running in the background for an hour - and duly got three more containers.

Much obliged, Twitch & WG.

(Then, out of curiosity, watched another WoWS streamer endlessly cursing his team mates and spamming them with bad Karma reports. Blimey! I thought I was a grumpy sailor....)

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Got 3 Twitch Containers today, not sure why 3 because all other days i received 1. 

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
2 minutes ago, MaxxyNL said:

Got 3 Twitch Containers today, not sure why 3 because all other days i received 1. 

Same here