Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Ranked Sprint: 6v6 vs. 8v8

Ranked should be  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Ranked should be

49 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles

So what did you guys like more ?

Personally, I really liked 6v6 compared to the usual 7v7, because the individual player had more impact, which made it less frustrating.

8v8 is a step in the wrong direction for me.

• Cool 12

[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles

So far I have played only one game in Ranked Sprint 2. It was on the map Big Race and on such a small map it almost looked like random battle. It seems kinda too much. I'll try to play some more over the weekend but somehow I simple feel exhausted with the last one, and Halloween and RN Arc ... Will see, but for now I prefer 6v6 between these two modes. Wonder how much influence would divisions have on higher tiers where CVs tends to be much stronger.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,073 posts
12,373 battles

Ranked sprint in mid tiers - 6vs6 was good imo. Ordinary Ranked, high tiers - 7vs7 is suitable. Haven't tried 8vs8 Sprint yet.

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles

I like the title of this thread: 6 versus 6 versus 8 versus 8.

Regarding the poll: I enjoyed the 6vs6. Because the individual (good) skill of single players has more influence. I would like to see future seasons of 6vs6, but without divisions!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles

Basically not much has changed. WG is just testing the same format with different number of ships. I think that Ranked with T10 would still be a same sh**show as now no matter number of ships.

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
38 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I like the title of this thread: 6 versus 6 versus 8 versus 8.

They way I formatted it, it is quite clear that

(6 versus 6) versus (8 versus 8) 

is meant. 

• Funny 1

Players
95 posts
13,155 battles

Personally I prefer the 6v6 format. Mainly due to the fact as an individual you can have a bigger impact on the battle ( I know conversely you run a risk of having a bigger handicap if you have an AFK player, but over all I feel it's not too big of an issue), I also prefer the fact it's usually a bit faster paced with only 6v6.

Beta Tester
571 posts
3,735 battles
13 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

Personally I prefer the 6v6 format. Mainly due to the fact as an individual you can have a bigger impact on the battle ( I know conversely you run a risk of having a bigger handicap if you have an AFK player, but over all I feel it's not too big of an issue), I also prefer the fact it's usually a bit faster paced with only 6v6.

Actually the opposite. Since now you got 2x DD's instead of 1 that's afk, so now you don't lose the match instantly.

Players
95 posts
13,155 battles
4 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Actually the opposite. Since now you got 2x DD's instead of 1 that's afk, so now you don't lose the match instantly.

I suppose that is possibly a risk, but I never experienced a battle with only 1 DD per team so I didn't consider that eventuality.  

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles

8v8 is too much for this tier and maps. 6v6 was fine. 

Beta Tester
571 posts
3,735 battles
30 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

I suppose that is possibly a risk, but I never experienced a battle with only 1 DD per team so I didn't consider that eventuality.  

That's ok. When you play more ranked battles you will encounter this more frequently, and when it does happen, it's extremely annoying.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
640 posts
3,670 battles

I'm weird. Maybe because I played FPS and TPS games at high levels. I prefer 4v4 or 5v5's 

I think that is a sweet spot with a squad. Might not work properly in WoW's. But if we could have those divs it would be kreygasm 

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Players
1,102 posts
7,416 battles
12 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Personally, I really liked 6v6 compared to the usual 7v7, because the individual player had more impact, which made it less frustrating.

8v8 is a step in the wrong direction for me.

8 v 8 does feel a little like just too many for one player to carry and I have seen rather more campy BB play than I'd like. Early doors, though.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

I'd even say a 5v5. The more you add in the more your individual skill is diluted or even overridden by that yolo kiddie.

Ranked Sprint rewards are hilarious anyway. Might as well play for the daily containers and be less salty.

• Cool 3

[NUNC]
[NUNC]
Players
11 posts
12,016 battles

>  I'd even say a 5v5

Agree for low Tier.

And without divisions.

Now it's too much like ordinary random, almost no difference.

Ranked should be individual, otherwise it's not ranked IMHO. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles

Can i use this as a Rant thread? Well, idc ill do it anyway :Smile_great:

3 games sprint today and im already going insane again.

First match Epicenter

- Kirov full ahead to the center - dead. We told him to hide behind an island... no reaction

- DD sits 8 mins at an island, someone from the teams says where he is parked, then he rushes out (so he can read chat) yolos a Cesare and DELIBERATELY misses the torps (i cant put it otherwise at 2km?)

2nd game

- Gremy sits in smoke not moving... eats one torp. You think he learned by the time? No, still sitting there... eats the second torp, and dead. From a Minekaze, with 1,6km torp detection, he just DOESNT MOVE AT ALL ?!

(atleast that one we won)

3rd game

- I managed to torp an Okhotnik right away on Epicenter.

- The 2 other DDs think its smart to sit in the center cap, and smoke each other up. Which ofc attracts the torps from the 2 other DDs (mind, they didnt have RPF). First one dies to torps... well, maybe the other one has learned now? Nope, 1 minute later eats also torps and dies

- Königsberg beaches full broadside to a GC at <10 km

- König gets rushed by Acasta, which missed the first set of torps, König obviously doesnt care and dies when DD has torps reloaded. And ofc the 3 BBs did the utmost to stay away from me, because why have a DD which is spotting and screening for you? Rather die alone at the mapborder :Smile_facepalm:

Its also funny how the enemy team manages usually to move in blob across the map, while our team is always splitting up all 3 ways. Which was the first game this season, on Trident.

- One Cruiser yolos in right away. DD followed him on C cap, where 8 out of 8 enemies were.

- Another Cruiser/DD combo went A, but were so slow that meantime one BB from the C turned around and went to A, instablapping the Cruiser, and the DD was like "hmm better beach and smoke up, that will make him go away" smokes out -> DD dead...

WHERE does the MM get those teammates for us ?! All hope is lost with those lobotomized imbecils. They have the mental capacity of a slice of bread - and thats an insult to the bread :cap_old:

Players
3,877 posts
6,022 battles
35 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I'd even say a 5v5.

Ill vote for 3v3. And allow division of 3. Then I finaly can safe my sanity.

17 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

because the individual player had more impact, which made it less frustrating.

Are you prepared to watch a couple of hours from my replays? I think it might change your opinion...

• Cool 1

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Then definitivly 1 vs 1.

~~~

I'am actually fine with 7 vs. 7 but it seems I'm a minority again...

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,464 battles

Im sure, they are testing how funny is seeing, when they make bigger teams how its needed more time to rank1, for rank1 in sprint i needed 28 battles solo, now in sprint2 i will need atleast 40, if it was 10vs10 number probably around 70.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Maybe even a forced MM.

One BB, two Cruisers and three DDs for 5v5.

Won't get stupid skewered MMs like 7 DDs or 6 BBs and one lone Cruiser then!! Could plan and play for the games far more sensibly and it would feel less random.

• Cool 3

Players
3,877 posts
6,022 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Maybe even a forced MM.

One BB, two Cruisers and three DDs for 5v5.

Won't get stupid skewered MMs like 7 DDs or 6 BBs and one lone Cruiser then!! Could plan and play for the games far more sensibly and it would feel less random.

Thats actually a very good point! The current meta makes Cruisers kinda obsolete and when you have 1 DD only, you really pray that you have the intelligent one.

@MrConway what do you think about this? Since Ranked Sprint is advertised as a "beginners ranked", wouldnt it be better, to limit number of BBs, so that new players in cruisers have a better chance? You see some poor guy in a cruiser beeing oneshotted in the first 2 mins almost every round.

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,894 posts
14,234 battles
4 hours ago, AnEvilJoke said:

Then definitivly 1 vs 1.

What are you even talking about?

Clearly 0vs0 is the most superior and balanced format! If a fight doesn't take place then there can be no winner nor loser! Perfect logic comrade!

On a more serious note, I like 7vs7 if only due to giving you more tactical options on the off chance that there actually are CVs in the match.

• Funny 2

Players
737 posts
245 battles

1v1 so i can rekt el2azer in a vereh smoll tug bote.

I would like 5v5 which would make it more interesting and tense but messing up can cost you big.

Sign in to follow this