You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Bad Players

27 comments in this topic

Players
75 posts
9,369 battles

I'm at my wits end now.  I can honestly say, I've never seen the standard of play as bad it is at the moment and I've been playing on and off for 5 years.

I'm tired of seeing players at tier 10 who are absolutely oblivious to the games objectives and obviously haven't a clue as to what constitues a win or  when they are winning or losing.

The number of games that have been needlessly lost because of players who are clearly ignorant of caps, match points or the games elapsed time is staggering.

Well fought matches are rare now, games are just one 'roflstomp' after another now, with teams crumbling in minutes and only communicating when it's time to blame whoever for whatever.

Something has to change.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Players
612 posts

I've been playing on and off for 5 years.

When I were a lad I lived in cardboard box in t' middle of t' motorway and played World of Warships before it were invented.

Google search

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,768 posts
14,145 battles

On a more serious note, yes, the level of play is bad and has been for well over a year.

No, nothing is going to change. If WG were inclined to do something against it they would've done so already.

• Cool 3

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,690 posts
1,489 battles

Third whinefest this week.

Can't we just have something stickied so you lot can have a nice little circle jerk about how bad the players are and how this game is doomed?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
3,909 posts
7,767 battles
1 hour ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

The number of games that have been needlessly lost because of players who are clearly ignorant of caps, match points or the games elapsed time is staggering. similar to the number won because of similar acts of utter stupidity on the enemy team - but yet here I still am, complaining.

ftfy

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,113 battles

@Dirty_Dunc are you referring to yourself? I think you are :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,679 posts
6,604 battles

Just lost 6 in a row.  5 with Stock Amgi in tier 10 games (MM, yeah).  The amount of over pens even against Battleships is extremely surprising in this ship.

The amount of camping that is taking place is killing the game right off for me. High tier games arnt fun anymore.  

And sort this tier 8 match making out.  I know they wont, ever, but it's always good to ask :cap_like:

6 in a row? unheard of chaps. :cap_tea:

Players
156 posts
6,694 battles
8 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Just lost 6 in a row.  5 with Stock Amgi in tier 10 games (MM, yeah).  The amount of over pens even against Battleships is extremely surprising in this ship.

The amount of camping that is taking place is killing the game right off for me. High tier games arnt fun anymore.  

And sort this tier 8 match making out.  I know they wont, ever, but it's always good to ask :cap_like:

6 in a row? unheard of chaps. :cap_tea:

Simply Git Gud  :cap_cool:

• Bad 1

Players
156 posts
6,694 battles
3 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

That's fresh..:Smile_facepalm:

Nah but on a serious note, of course gameplay standards are gonna go down as the game gets more popular, with the steam release and the making gameplay just easier accelerating it. I suggest playing in a div, having 2 other guys on voice coms who you can rely upon and in the end have the potential to carry whole teams just makes the load easier. Also my posts just hit 123, guess ill never post on the forum again.

• Bad 1

Players
1,586 posts
6,372 battles

"Hey look it's weekend again. Time to write the same sh*t other people wrote last weekend 20 times!"

• Cool 1

Players
1,586 posts
6,372 battles

Tell me, how do you arrange who copy&paste posts this weak sauce on which weekend?

Do you play rock, paper, scissors? Do you draw straws? Do you all stand around a cookie, wank on it and the one who came last has to post and eat the god damn cookie?

0afd8c64e40ad1a65e899ef8e76c4d106883c98c

[TTT]
Players
3,909 posts
7,767 battles
22 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

"Hey look it's weekend again. Time to write the same sh*t other people wrote last weekend 20 times!"

still more of a valuable contribution to the forums than your last half year combined...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,586 posts
6,372 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

still more of a valuable contribution to the forums than your last half year combined...

tumblr_n51kruKTFv1smcbm7o1_500.gif

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
628 posts
3,579 battles

Should not matter in the long run. I had a very bad two days in a row. But I'm still on a 58% w/r last 7 days and a solid 55% over last 21 days. 

And I'm still a beginner. You get tossed in bad matches, but you will get tossed in good matches as well. That right there is a 50% statiscally speaking. All the rest above the 50% is you doing your job correctly . 

[WONLY]
Players
199 posts

Well i just had a game where my team had 3:0 caps and two enemy ships sunk (two of 3 dds) after 4 minutes. We didn't lose a ship until that. i already thought: "well ...roflstomp for my side i guess"...6 minutes later i was the last survivor in my khaba and there were still 10 ships left on the red side. They just sunk 11 of our ships in 6 minutes and won the game. Not even some 3man-divs in enemy team...nothing....just idiots suiciding one after another (3 cruisers charged around the same corner to get devastated by one of the two yamatos lurking behind...). Even after 8k random battles i've never seen such bad gameplay.

When i check stats after a battle i see a lot of new people (maybe from steam release?) with max. 1500 battles. Obviously WG should have made some proper tutorials before releasing it there. Even more potatoes around now.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,695 posts
7,323 battles

Yest somehow you still can't beat the bad players on other teams??

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,768 posts
14,145 battles
4 hours ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

of course gameplay standards are gonna go down as the game gets more popular

The funny thing is that the game isn't actually getting more popular. Player numbers have been stable since ages.

That means one of two things:

1. The average player simply stays bad. Wouldn't be particularly surprising considering the level of instruction this game provides.

2. The game draws in many new players but fails to retain them. Considering how long player numbers have been stable this is rather unlikely in my eyes. If you fail to retain your customers the market eventually dries up which obviously has not happened.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,286 posts
6,811 battles
10 hours ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

guess ill never post on the forum again.

took u less then 10 hours u potato ! :Smile_sceptic::Smile_hiding:

Players
1,358 posts
5,356 battles

This simple fact is forgotten by the vast majority of people who complain about player skill -

The game has NO SKILL CAP - all you have to do to progress is just play games, nothing more, and you will be playing a T10 ship within 4-6 months and 2k-3k games. You never ever need to "learn" ANYTHING about the game, not even a single little bit, you just have to play lots of games.

Just be glad that there is some players who actually DO want to improve and it is that 25-50% (at most) which keeps the game fun for those who want to get better themselves.

Now, why is there no skill cap - Well imagine you're WG and you want money from people. If you stop people playing at lower tiers because they suck then those players will leave the game and you get NO money from them. So if you instead make "number of games played" the only rule on moving up the tiers, even those very poor players on less than 400XP per match will still be able to get a nice shiny T10 ship within 3k games and they'll be feeling great with themselves for getting to T10 (see how good I am at playing!!!) and they're more likely to spend money on the game if they're happy.

Now there's a financial balance to be kept between losing "skilled" players who buy things and keeping potatoes who buy things and, as we've already seen, there's more potatoes than skilled players so guess who WG, who JUST want money (as a business thats great), care about keeping?

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,236 posts
11,725 battles

The game is too complex for casuals I feel but this is WG's target audience so you get this uncomfortable mix of players...

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,176 posts
6,467 battles
18 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

The game is too complex for casuals I feel but this is WG's target audience so you get this uncomfortable mix of players...

I would say, that every team-pvp game has bad and good players. If there would be no bad players, the good players become the bad players, while there are very good players, who would complain about the "good players" ^^

• Cool 1