Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Praetorias

Boring endless grind stages for Cossack

71 comments in this topic

[ANVIL]
[ANVIL]
Beta Tester
97 posts
7,743 battles

I hate grinds in the first place as I work in rl and have not got the time for them. But this british cossack grind is the worst. 50 needed, i log on to grind using ships it says or ships needed to do the task,  just to get the final rewards for that stage. Stage 1056 out of 10000 it feels.  Never ending. I love wows and have pretty nuch spent hundreds or thousand ++ on it but grinds remove the fun. You come on like its a job, by the time you complete that days required borefest you have little interest in playing properly.  It changes how you play and it leaves you hating the game....

why did you make it such a slog, its going to be over 3 months...

I find myself playing other games to get some “fun” now.  After i have completed my second job for the day!

• Cool 1

[OMNI]
Players
850 posts
11,772 battles

If Cossack is that important for you that you need it as soon as possible you can always buy it. Just saying.

• Cool 6

[ANVIL]
[ANVIL]
Beta Tester
97 posts
7,743 battles
Just now, Spithas said:

If Cossack is that important for you that you need it as soon as possible you can always buy it. Just saying.

Thats not the point, i have it, i grind for the 9500 gold refund to replace the expense and allow me to invest it elsewhere in game.  Money is not thr problem, its time spent disrupting the play style for purpose of completing tasks.  I just want to do what have to exit match snd get to next one. Its counterproductive to game enjoyment.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles
3 minutes ago, Praetorias said:

Thats not the point, i have it, i grind for the 9500 gold refund to replace the expense and allow me to invest it elsewhere in game.  Money is not thr problem, its time spent disrupting the play style for purpose of completing tasks.  I just want to do what have to exit match snd get to next one. Its counterproductive to game enjoyment.

The RN directives are awesome because they don't disrupt play style, as you put it, at all. There hasn't been a single one so far that has required anything other than just playing the game normally to achieve.

• Cool 11

[OMNI]
Players
850 posts
11,772 battles

"Dirsupting the play style"?

You mean to say that your play style doesn't involve spotting ships, shooting and torping them? cause that's all there is to it.

• Cool 6

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,105 battles

Since I bought Cossack on day 1 (I think), I've been viewing the RN missions as a neat way to get some extra doubloons (eventually), and coal, not to mention a few other helpful bits and pieces.

They aren't really changing how/when I play - I would be playing Cossack anyway, so no change to get those ship-specific missions done; I've been pratting about with Boise in Coop anyway (to grind 9dJ), because I suck at cruisers, and that bags the 'start fires' and 'citadels' missions; I don't ignore Ops completely, so getting the necessary stars there is hardly a chore, and so on.

If the (admittedly long drawn out) missions required you to play a very narrow selection of ships that few people had, I would probably feel somewhat aggrieved; as it is though, it's hardly onerous - you just have to play reasonably regularly for several weeks...

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
3,940 posts
7,767 battles
3 minutes ago, Spithas said:

"Dirsupting the play style"?

You mean to say that your play style doesn't involve spotting ships, shooting and torping them? cause that's all there is to it.

this, pretty much. The tasks do require a decent chunk of time investment, that's true, but most of them will just happen very naturally while playing (some might nudge you towards playing specific ships, like the secondary hits or cap/reset ones, but thats about it).

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,073 posts
12,373 battles
44 minutes ago, Praetorias said:

If you're able to understand this and money isn't the issue, why just not stop caring for these missions. I've burnt out on earlier 'ship missions' and concluded that if they take the enjoyment out of the game, I really should avoid trying to do them. Play the game for fun. Avoid things that make it resemble work.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
961 posts
5,431 battles

I also bought Cossack early on and am looking forward to the extra bubloons if I unlock the missions.   As others have posted you can achieve the various parts with normal game play - so long as you don't only play one class.

• Cool 1

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles

Edited

Edited by flashmove_iron
This post has been moderated by the moderation team due to inappropriate content.

Weekend Tester
555 posts
5,067 battles

Op has a point. If you were keen to get Cossack in the first place, it still seems like a long way off. How many non-premium DD missions are there left? 120-ish? I for one have lost count.

I think part of the problem is the way in which the RN arc became mixed up with other events. Its now a sort of vague daily mission thing that happens in the background.

[XFS]
[XFS]
Players
181 posts
11,358 battles

In my mind this is what is wrong with most of the players nowadays too many just going for the missions not caring about the game or other player just playing for themselves instead of just playing their natural game, were if played normal will bring in the missions properly quicker too :Smile-_tongue:

Players
1,102 posts
7,403 battles

Personally I have rather given up with the RN missions, but I'm still in game and I keep completing them just through playing. I've got enough Guineas now to make Cossack cost the same as a Tier VI DD, so that's a 50% discount plus the Gallant I earned earlier, without too much extra. The Ovetchkin missions are more faff, tbh. 

[NBS]
Beta Tester
255 posts
6,516 battles

There was a week where I was away from home for 4 days and still managed to get all the rewards by just playing the game for 7-8 hours during the weekend and monday. 
IF you think the missions are too hard ... You have seen nothing. This is the most player friendly mission grind I have seen in a long while.

Weekend Tester
555 posts
5,067 battles
17 minutes ago, silence5 said:

There was a week where I was away from home for 4 days and still managed to get all the rewards by just playing the game for 7-8 hours during the weekend and monday. 
IF you think the missions are too hard ... You have seen nothing. This is the most player friendly mission grind I have seen in a long while.

I don't think the complaint is that the missions are hard, just that they are dragging on for weeks and weeks per a restricted timetable.

Perhaps a better approach would have been to have the Cossack mission configured just like the other in-game campaigns, leaving players free to grind through at the pace and strategy that they choose.

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles
7 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

I don't think the complaint is that the missions are hard, just that they are dragging on for weeks and weeks per a restricted timetable.

Perhaps a better approach would have been to have the Cossack mission configured just like the other in-game campaigns, leaving players free to grind through at the pace and strategy that they choose.

Timetable is not restricted, unless you mean that it takes till mid week for all tasks to be accomplishable.

His complaint, is that it alters the game style, when this time it really does not, and is arguing with people pointing it.

[YEEET]
Players
1,193 posts
11,443 battles

Playing less at present so had got to 30 Guineas - so just bought some more and have her - a fun ship!

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
640 posts
3,670 battles

I feel the OP. I have a full time job but luckily I can play almost every day. So for me It is not that bad as I at least can get the majority done. 

I'm glad I can buy her rather cheaply in the end. 

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles
9 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

The RN directives are awesome because they don't disrupt play style, as you put it, at all. There hasn't been a single one so far that has required anything other than just playing the game normally to achieve.

I completely agree.

However, I do think it's fair to point out, that ever since 0.7.10 came out, completing directives has gotten much more time-consuming. The first 4 stages you could basically breeze through and it felt very enjoyable, that's not the case any longer. So in that sense I would agree that they have gotten more "grindy".

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles

the inclusion of the halloween operations has made getting the directives trivial. I can play the submarine operation 2-3 times, play a battle with Okhotnik and maybe another with Jervis, and I already have all of the missions completed. If I miss one of the lengthier assignments, that's fine because the directive is still done and I can just complete it the next day alongside the new set of assignments

I say Okhotnik and Jervis in particular because those two are literally the only other ships I have played besides the operation and I can still complete all of the assignments easily. Even the secondary battery hits assignment is easy with Barracuda. Why this is important is because I don't have to go out of my way to play anything I don't feel like playing to get the directives, and that is ultimately what makes the Cossack grind MUCH more enjoyable.

But just you wait: New year's coming and they're going to have another ultimate grindfest like christmas convoy and battle of the north cape from last years. Now those were real grinds if you didn't cough up money.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
12,171 battles
11 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

*cough* Earn stars in scenario battles... *cough*

[DREAD]
Players
386 posts

That are 2 Scenario battles. Also scenarios yield pretty good damage numbers, and completion criterias for other missions.

And you are more likely to win those compared to random battles.

Also, seemingly the submarine quests give you free port slots if you already unlocked them. So pretty neat for the scenario, that also is fairly easy, if your team does not do silly crap like ramming, or sailing always emerged.

So i recommend doing it regardless.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles
45 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

*cough* Earn stars in scenario battles... *cough*

Yea, not that that mission is ever needed to complete the directive in the same way that the Cossack/Le Terrible isn't needed.

Sign in to follow this