Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gleb_Reawer

Musashi or Kronshtadt with free XP?

28 comments in this topic

[ASEET]
Players
220 posts
6,693 battles

Hello forumites, I'd like to ask your opinion witch one of the FXP ships I should take Musashi or Kronshtadt?

I already have Missouri, Scharnhorst, Duke of York, Kamikaze R and the four ARP Kongos, that I play somewhat regularly with Kami R in the lead BC she was my first prem ship for a long time.

I feel I'm a DD's main and BB player secondly and admittely have trouble with cruisers, only reason https://wows-numbers.com/player/501605143,Gleb_Reawer/ gives me a great score in cruisers is BC I used St.Louis T3 and still use T4 Svietlana as my stress relief ships after a string of losses.

I'm thinking about Kronshtadt BC I don't have a RU-prem ship. So, should I take it or would I only be shooting myself in the foot?

Thanks in advance for constructive replies :cap_like:

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles

uh... probably neither, at least until we know what WG's gonna do with Jean Bart, Alaska and Bourgogne?

• Cool 7

[-GG-]
Players
166 posts
10,938 battles

on the other forum it says Jean Bart was launched in Asia to Arsenal for 220k coal

and Moustachi - definitely wortj it

• Cool 1

[ASEET]
Players
220 posts
6,693 battles
23 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

uh... probably neither, at least until we know what WG's gonna do with Jean Bart, Alaska and Bourgogne?

Do you have any info on when we might get info on these ships?

6 minutes ago, radius77 said:

on the other forum it says Jean Bart was launched in Asia to Arsenal for 220k coal

Thanks, I'm not going to use coal on a ship that I can get with FXP

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles

I got the Musashi for coal. Was thinking of picking up the Kron with my free exp, but right now I'm holding off a bit and waiting to see what happens with the ships currently in development. Alaska in particular seems interesting to me.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
18 minutes ago, Gleb_Reawer said:

Do you have any info on when we might get info on these ships?

I dearly wish I knew... been sitting on loads of Steel waiting for that info (not interested in Stalingrad in the slightest...)^^

• Cool 1

Players
967 posts
7,565 battles

I find both extremely enjoyable ships.

Playstyle is very different:

- Musashi is a super old school BB. Punchy, reliable guns. Punishes misplays hard. 

- Kronshtadt plays like a really hefty radar cruiser. You can bounce more shots that in a cruiser, but it's no BB, not even a proper CC.

Musashi doesn't make a lot of sense if you happen to have Yamato with the permacamo. Kronshtadt is unique.

I had no immediate plans to grind IJN BB's, so I did get the Musashi, and I really love it. It's notable as a T9 that performs with perfect ease in T10 games. And sometimes you get that T9 game and it feels like Christmas come early.

• Cool 2

[WGB]
Players
2,062 posts
26,056 battles
On 11/2/2018 at 1:22 PM, radius77 said:

It looks a Photoshop fake image, and a pretty poor one. I have an Asia account, I can promise you, Jean Bart is not in the Arsenal at this time.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Imo the most logical thing would be:

Bourgogne - Steel (because T10 and we "need" a new steelship)

JB - Coal (i assumed that the given info was right, now that it obviousy isnt... who knows)

Alaska - FreeXP (again because i thought JB would be coal)

I myself have 850k FreeXP, and am only missing the Musashi. I think i might get it anyway, i dont see either JB or Alaska being so much better that i would prefer them. And i really dont see Bourgogne being FreeXP.

[HEATH]
Players
117 posts
11,915 battles

Kron is harder to play Than Mushi but i find it more fun to play. What i would really like is a DD for free xp :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 5

[ASEET]
Players
220 posts
6,693 battles

Thank you guys for your input so far, I'm starting to lean towards Kronshtadt even tho I'm crap in cruisers as I'm going for Yamato, currently at Amagi.

I'll be returning to this thread after the weekend, got priority RL stuff to take care of.

[BOATY]
Players
635 posts
9,072 battles

Musashi could be bought by coal and it is downtiered Yamato(you can skip almost the entire IJN BB line and buy Yamato straight away with 750k free xp). In addition Musashi will never make as much money as your Missouri. 

Kronshtadt is free XP only. It is not as OP as Musashi but you can have fun in it. 

I would rather skip to Yamato and invest 5k doublons for permanent camouflage. 

Having said that,  my choice went for Kronstadt as it is a kind of unique ship untill Alaska arrives. I have Yamato with permanent flag, so Musashi will probably be my last choice. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,762 posts
15,785 battles
2 hours ago, Gleb_Reawer said:

Musashi or Kronshtadt with free XP?

question appearing about every 2 weeks 

answer is the same !

wait till next FXP ship is announced then ask again

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,893 posts
6,228 battles
1 hour ago, iJoby said:

It was a Photoshop fake image, and a pretty poor one. I have an Asia account, I can promise you, Jean Bart is not in the Arsenal.

shit-pic.jpg.d80cddc279e51ce36ffd2f909934dae0.jpg

I can say the same, went to check my asia alt, JB not there :Smile_honoring:

Where people find the fun in sharing fake news i'll never know :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[WGB]
Players
2,062 posts
26,056 battles
21 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I can say the same, went to check my asia alt, JB not there :Smile_honoring:

Where people find the fun in sharing fake news i'll never know :Smile_sceptic:

Chinese blogs, anything to get hits and page views, I would never put fake content on my blog. Well, not intentionally anyway :)

• Cool 1

Players
2,688 posts
6,982 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Imo the most logical thing would be:

Bourgogne - Steel (because T10 and we "need" a new steelship)

JB - Coal (i assumed that the given info was right, now that it obviousy isnt... who knows)

Alaska - FreeXP (again because i thought JB would be coal)

I myself have 850k FreeXP, and am only missing the Musashi. I think i might get it anyway, i dont see either JB or Alaska being so much better that i would prefer them. And i really dont see Bourgogne being FreeXP.

It would be great for added diversity though :Smile_great:

[SHAD]
Players
400 posts

I chose Musashi as I didn’t like the ijn battleship line at all. Great ship. 

I expect the Jean Bart and Alaska will be  free xp ships with Kronstadt being available for coal soon. 

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles

Kronshtadt

• Cool 1

Players
737 posts
245 battles

Musashushi to buli smoll ships for coal.

Wait for the alaskian cheeseburger and french fries to get reviewed if they havent already and then decide which one out of those you want to have.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this