Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

1 Year of Co-Op/PvE - Analysis of 1300 games (XP, Credits etc) using MxStats.

13 comments in this topic

Players
1,358 posts
5,356 battles

Hi All,

Well this'll be a boring thread for most people as I have no comparison to PvP stats to plot against but I thought it would be interesting to see my stats from the last 365 days of nothing but Co-Op and PvE games, which has amounted to a whopping 1.5Gb of replay files, that I've run through MxStats to create an Excel file for my stats. Also,  I've run premium time and most economic/special signals & camos for the whole time so bare that in mind as it effects the XP totals -

Total Co-Op Games 1198
Total PvE Games 100
Total Amount of Training Room Battles 2
Total Amount of Victories 1260
Total Amount of Defeats 56
Total Amount of Draws = 4 (table screwed up)
Total XP earned 5,408,311
Total Free XP earned 3,657,698
Total Credits Profit (earned minus costs) 161,901,304
Total Damage 113,921,691
Total Ships Sunk 2,948
Total Aircraft Shot Down 11,528
Average XP earned 4,160
Average Free XP earned 2,829
Average Credits Profit (earned minus costs) 124,731
Total Co-Op Games as Top Tier 728 (60.7%)
Total Co-Op Games as +/-1 Tier 253 (21.1%)
Total Co-Op Games as Bottom Tier 218 (18.2%)
Most ships sunk in One Co-Op Game 7 in the Okhotnik
Most Aircraft Shot Down in One Co-Op Game  82 in a Worcester
Highest Damage in One Co-Op Game 283,971 in a Missouri
Most ships sunk in One PvE Game

19 in Blyskawica for 2018 Dynamo

Most Planes Shot Down in One PvE Game 69 in the Atlanta for Op Hermes
Highest Damage in One PvE Game 528,350 in Svyatozar for Halloween
Total amount of PvE Stars Won 310

Additionally here is the number of "3 Daily Crates" I've opened in the last 365 days along with a breakdown of what crates I picked, some of which were auto-picked by the game when I went past 24hrs without claiming any when I had the XP to do so. I've decided not to include any Premium crates I bought (and it's a boat load - I'm a whale) and just keep it those 3 daily crates instead -

Total Number of Non-Premium Crates Opened 751
Number of Credits Crates Opened (auto picked by game) 9
Number of Consumables Crates Opened (auto picked by game) 9
Number of Resources Crates Opened 253
Number of Signals Crates Opened 276                              
Number of Try Your Luck Crates Opened 170
Number of Super Containers Opened (inc for T10 ships/Campaigns etc) 34
Number of Ships won from Super Containers 0
Total Amount of Coal from Resources Crates 43,200

So why do I play Co-Op?

Well to me, after playing 1300 PvP games when I first started in April '16 I decided to play Co-Op instead by Oct '16 because I found that my particular play-style (hyper aggressive brawling) didn't match the PvP meta any more and games started to get stale and boring, leading me to eventually YOLO just to try and have some fun and annoying everyone on my team. So after learning the PvP game and building a nice foundation of credits and ships I didn't find the move to Co-Op to be as bad economically as some would and my skills learned in PvP made me a very good PvE player. One addition to the game however has made the economy much less painful as it was previously which is all the new special signals, from the original 3-4 to the newest bunch just added a few months ago. With the additional XP increase in the past year I've been able to add another three T10 ships to my line-up for a total of 9 while still building my number of 19 point Captains to over 20 now.

The biggest "gameplay" change I've seen this year hasn't been the stealth-fire removal or any Bot AI tweaks but the increase in number of T10 players in Co-Op, starting around spring this year. So where previously there may only be 1-2 human T10 ships per game that is now the exception while the new "normal" is 6-8 human T10 players in every match which makes for a much more exciting gameplay situation.

Anyway, now I've gathered all this info it's time to delete it all and start again, I think I could use the 1.5GB back from all the replays I'll delete TBH!

If you have any questions about these stats or just random Co-Op chat etc just ask away but lets try and keep the somewhat inevitable "OMG, why even bother when PvP earns more? What's the matter, can't beat humans?" etc talk out of this thread please!

EDIT - Got Coal figure wrong, screwy Excel stuff!

• Cool 10

Players
1,586 posts
6,372 battles

Well said.

I myself play almost exclusivly Co-Op since June, I think. At first the change in playstyle was hard for me to adapt to, when you played over 3k Battles on the camping ground that Random has become.

I myself got better because of Co-Op, kinda funny.

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles

I think its interesting that you seem to get 2 coal on avg out of the resource containers (832 coal - btw why is it uneven? you dont seem to be in a clan to get bonus%?)

To compare my avg from the last 35 Resource Containers is 1,3 coal... i started to screenshot it, because someone told me i was wrong about how much coal get when i told him its usually one. And as i can see, its basicly 1 on avg! if it would be 1,5 could be debatable... but below that?

Players
2,802 posts
12,749 battles
10 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

The biggest "gameplay" change I've seen this year hasn't been the stealth-fire removal or any Bot AI tweaks but the increase in number of T10 players in Co-Op, starting around spring this year. So where previously there may only be 1-2 human T10 ships per game that is now the exception while the new "normal" is 6-8 human T10 players in every match which makes for a much more exciting gameplay situation.

I noticed more T10 players also. I think there are several reasons for this, including:.

1) More people getting tier 10 ships (I myself had none this time last year. But I was close in a number of lines. Now I have eleven tier ten ships.)

Therefore you get more PvP players trying them out in co-op, as well as more co-op "mains" playing their ships .

2) People switching to co-op to play some high tier ships due to issues with the PvP playstyle, or not feeling good enough to compete in PvP.

3) People just switching to co-op generally, regardless of tier.

4) The new Wargaming rewards system that came in with the "Sharks v Eagles" event, and continues in the "Hall of Fame" running currently.

It is more profitable and relaxing to get points by playing (at least some) co-op games.

There has been at least one thread where players have discussed this.

Very interesting analysis, BTW. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
Players
117 posts
7,775 battles

Hi,

your Credit Earning and XP are even very high that tells me that you use a lot of Premium Flags to archive this high Numbers.

You have more T10 Ships in Coop because of the Mission for the special Modules. I play my 15 Wins also quick in Coop and not in PvP. But not because i like Coop.

• Cool 2

[PORT]
Modder
1,520 posts
11,129 battles

Yeah, fortunately with the steam-version the design of mission was not longer done by non-caring WoT-staff on EU, but by dedicated WoWs-stuff.

And as they added PvE to the missions, more players entered here as well (on NA there have always been more) and stayed for the brawl. Even MrComway mostly plays PvE.:cap_haloween:

PS: Ian, you are mixing operations an PvE, that makes no sense for XP/Credit-rewards.

Players
1,586 posts
6,372 battles
1 hour ago, SirTrami said:

Hi,

your Credit Earning and XP are even very high that tells me that you use a lot of Premium Flags to archive this high Numbers.

You have more T10 Ships in Coop because of the Mission for the special Modules. I play my 15 Wins also quick in Coop and not in PvP. But not because i like Coop.

Or simply the fact that he played 400 games in Atlanta, 223 on Derpitz, 178 in Scharnhorst and 159 in Cashsouri

Driving premium ship and account in Co-Op can reward good money

[SM0KE]
Players
2,363 posts
6,033 battles
3 hours ago, IanH755 said:

I found that my particular play-style (hyper aggressive brawling) didn't match the PvP meta any more and games started to get stale and boring, leading me to eventually YOLO just to try and have some fun and annoying everyone on my team.

This is largely why I still play Coop: I *hate* border camping, and that seems to be de rigueur for most battleships in PvP, so to have fun in them, I seem to be better off in Coop, where I can be a lot more aggressive.

Most of my PvP games are in DDs as you can drive a lot of them much more aggressively, and not (always) shaft your team in the process...

• Cool 2

Players
1,358 posts
5,356 battles
3 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Hi All,

Also,  I've run premium time and most economic/special signals & camos for the whole time so bare that in mind as it effects the XP totals -

3 hours ago, SirTrami said:

Hi,

Yeap, As mention in the Op I run as many as I can (again, Whale) plus lots of games in high earningT8+ Premium ships.

3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I think its interesting that you seem to get 2 coal on avg out of the resource containers (832 coal - btw why is it uneven? you dont seem to be in a clan to get bonus%?)

I screwed up the Coal figure (something weird in excel), the correct figure is 43,200 Coal rather than 210K+, should pay more attention and not depend on Excels "Sum" function! :Smile_facepalm:

Beta Tester
626 posts
11,065 battles

I only use co-op to farm mission requirements, or occasionally try out a new ship. I find the bots are too predictable, they seem to only have the one tactic - CHARGE! This means that my own playstyle only needs to counter that, so playing loads of games with no variety of tactics gets boring really quickly. The bots in operations seem to be better programmed, they at least have a little variety to there tactics. I've seen operation DD bots actually make use of their smoke, unlike co-op bots who pop it and continue sailing straight ahead at full speed.

Players
2,132 posts

If it suits you to play COOP and it's more fun than Randoms to you it makes perfect sense.

I've played a fair bit of COOP recently myself as there are missions that are a lot easier and faster in COOP including the legendary mods and I've got far more silver than I can ever spend so even if I barely break even it really doesn't matter to me. I'm quite happy to play COOP for any number of reasons and I don't feel any desperate need to pwn people in PvP.

• Cool 1

Players
948 posts
7,514 battles

I play about one game out of four in co-op.

Like OP says, it's a fun place for brawly ships. Many ships which have good secondaries or torps, but only short ranged, can be fun in co-op. I have a couple ARP Kongo's in secondary spec, etc.

Okhotnik is hilarious in co-op. You can do these hilarious torp ambushes where you use the 12 torpedoes to delete two ships.

You can also set all sorts of personal goals beyond just winning. I came a hair's breadth from getting 8 out of 8 kills in a Des Moines. Also shot down 92 planes in a Des Moines.

Sometimes I'm so tired I just don't feel comfortable playing randoms. 

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this