Twilight Battle

17 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,533 posts
3,140 battles

Captains! :cap_rambo:

In public test of version 0.7.11 you can try new mode called Twilight Battle. More information about this mode you can find in our portal publication

Please, drop your feedback regarding Twilight Battles here. 

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
392 posts

Also all the Halloween ships seem to have consumables that are labelled as "Repair Party" but work as "Damage Control" and have a similar icon to that.

[NUNC]
Players
22 posts
15,211 battles

Restoration Charge for SteelRat seems to have a wrong description, unless it adds an additional speed boost on top of the heal function.

shot-18.11.02_17.32.52-0441.jpg

[PORT]
Modder
1,529 posts
11,184 battles

Playing the Steelrat as support-ship is quite interesting  - almost feels like a MMORPG, being the team-healer.

But Heal should really yield XP + Credits.

Kept the team alive for entire matches, healing like 400k damage on them. And got 50 XP. :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

Players
2,688 posts
6,977 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

Playing the Steelrat as support-ship is quite interesting  - almost feels like a MMORPG, being the team-healer.

But Heal should really yield XP + Credits.

Kept the team alive for entire matches, healing like 400k damage on them. And got 50 XP. :Smile_amazed:

This is exactly my experience, even literally about the MMORPG healer bit! :Smile_teethhappy:

And I did notice my base xp being extremely low post battle, placing second from the bottom with the enemy steel rat being the last on his team.

And overall I'm liking these battles and this battle mode. And that said by someone who overall is more of a PvE person then a PvP player :Smile_great:

The visuals are really good I think and it was confusing in a fun way to learn about some of the stuff the enemies could do (like dodging an otherwise undodgeable torpedo spread). The 180 degrees heal, all of these are fantastic stuff! I think the over-the-top stuff makes for a great change of gameplay from the more realistic (you know what I mean:Smile_sceptic:) stuff like random battles.

Only thing missing I think are some Twilight mode awards :Smile_medal:

But overall, well done! :Smile_great:

[D-252]
Players
24 posts
5,526 battles

The new mode is fun as it quickly becomes fast and furious brawl. Playing cruisers is tricky as they just don't have that much of an impact against the BBs though, with all the heal options and high manoeuvrability of ships like the Varg.

Playing BBs is fun though.

Players
95 posts
13,138 battles

I have been enjoying this mode, the Destroyers and Battleships certainly are a lot of fun to play, the Cruisers are a bit harder but as long as you know how to use the special abilities it's pretty good. 

The one concern I have is there are a lot of special abilities focused on healing, now when you have a good team who focus a target and kill it that's fine, but some teams cannot focus target no matter what, and then with the healing abilities the battle can drag on. Which could easily put people off, knowing how passive some people like to play.

Therefore I would suggest that the healing abilities of ships be toned down. otherwise I found it a lot of fun and I do like that the filth does do a lot of damage it's a good way to force players to actually engage they cannot camp at the back (although I have seen more than a few try).

Another thing I suggest is try to advertise very clearly what the special abilities do, of course in theory people can just check and read for themselves, but let's be honest most people need a push in the right direction, so please do a video spelling out what they do. 

[AASB]
Players
1 post
8,749 battles

Loving the Twilight Battle mode in PTS 7.11. Like the fact you have a shrinking map and no map edge campers.

Would love to see this brought in for regular ships as well. I'm not a big fan of Random these days and this mode I would definitely support as a substitute.

There's 2 or 3 maps I could see this game type work. The most obvious being OCEAN. It could also be used in TRAP.

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
321 posts
9,068 battles

Very fun gamemode, some things are unbalanced a little but it does not matter - it's still fun.

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
392 posts
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, Milan_G_ said:

BUG:

i wonn 3x  allready. 

Scenario Battles are operations, not Twilight Battles.

• Cool 1

[NUNC]
Players
22 posts
15,211 battles

Really fun to play, but some ships (especially the DD) feel a little bit underwhelming.

SteelRat: playing to its strenghts bascially means you won't get any xp for her.  All her skills are centered around support and staying very close to your fleet.  Considering exp is mostly calculated towards dmg and spotting, well you get the picture.

Octopus:  Though the radar and instant-heal are nice, to me it feels like she lacks impact on the game.  Her redeeming factor is 30% fire chance, but with all the heals, her fires dont have the same power as they would in normal battles.

Scarab:  She feels a bit too powerful.  both her skills are centered around selfhealing.  She can pretty much yolo into any situation with a very good chance of surviving.  I had a game where 3 BB and an octopus where focussing me and 5min later I was still at full health.

Varg:  Her shield feels completely broken.  Combined with her other ability, she can pretty much ram all the competition of the game.  The shield itself wouldnt feel too bad, but the manouvreability she gets with the second skills makes escaping a ram impossible.  Considering the battlefield keeps getting smaller, it's almost inevitable comes down to close range brawling.

Ghoul: Her reduced detection skill also feels like it's a bit too much.  If I remember correct, her concealment goes down to 2.5.  Unless she has the bad luck to get radar'd, so can pretty much torp anyone pointblank.

• Cool 1

[1378]
Players
60 posts
1,743 battles
On 11/2/2018 at 9:48 AM, YabbaCoe said:

In public test of version 0.7.11 you can try new mode called Twilight Battle. More information about this mode you can find in our portal publication.   ...

Screen Shot 11-18-18 at 09.14 AM 002.PNG

After Re-installing and running PTS 0.7.11 and then on selecting Twilight battle mode there are NO ships selectable !  I cannot select a t7 ship  So I Cannot start Twilight    -  Why What am I missing OR  What am I to do??

Screen Shot 11-18-18 at 09.14 AM 001.PNG

Screen Shot 11-18-18 at 09.21 AM.PNG

As with any playable nation, such as above is the availability of tier 7  ships!  Its a complete non-starter for all those middle tiers!! Why is this so? 
Why have you made it like pulling teeth to get a decent go at this public testing??