You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aboomination

Terror of the Deep: A brief guide

67 comments in this topic

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles

You do know that someone here will in some time demand that you'll do this for every scenario, right?

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles
17 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

You do know that someone here will in some time demand that you'll do this for every scenario, right?

That's actually what I wanna do, I just lack the time. Or I have to cut back on gaming even more :fish_glass:

Spoiler

Who am I kidding, I'd just have to cut back on sh.itposting.

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
1 minute ago, aboomination said:

That's actually what I wanna do, I just lack the time. Or I have to cut back on gaming even more :fish_glass:

Reveal hidden contents

Who am I kidding, I'd just have to cut back on sh.itposting.

It's your funeral... :cap_haloween:

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
1 minute ago, aboomination said:

"Death is only the beginning..."

Been there, done that...

tumblr_o4k5lpJgpU1s7y7zuo1_500.gif

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

"For this operation we have introduced five submarines with special commanders featuring 19 skill points:

• Barracuda (Commander: Victor F. Einstein): a submarine with the biggest oxygen reserve. It also features the best survivability and is equipped with the most efficient secondary guns.
  • Zipper Sub (Commander: Mina Hurray): dives and surfaces faster then any other submarine. It suddenly attacks enemies and vanishes without a trace.
  • Gerfalcon (Commander: Ivan K. Ulibin): features the best speed compared to other submarines and can surprise its enemies with the torpedo tubes mounted at the stern.
  • Seelöwe (Commander: Lazarus Centurio): equipped with the most powerful bow armament.
  • Killer Whale (Commander: Klaus V. Teslau): can be used in many different situations. It features good speed and survivability. It is equipped with torpedo tubes both at the bow and stern."

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles

Ok, since you actually went there, here's my ranking (for normal mode) :fish_glass:

(1) Killer Whale

(1) Barracuda

(2) Gerfalcon

(3) Seelöwe

(4) Zipper Sub

But really, you can complete this ops regardless of which sub you pick, so it didn't matter to me and I wanted to leave it to the reader to explore their traits.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,667 posts
9,605 battles
3 hours ago, aboomination said:

That's actually what I wanna do, I just lack the time.

cDoUki2.png

:Smile_trollface::Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

Players
95 posts
13,138 battles

A fantastic guide and really detailed I hope more people get to see it seeing as some people are quite clearly lost at sea in this mission, impressive work writing it all out so clearly 

[OMNI]
Players
850 posts
11,772 battles

No torpedo acceleration?

That is the single most important skill after torpedo armament expertise.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles
7 minutes ago, Spithas said:

No torpedo acceleration?

That is the single most important skill after torpedo armament expertise.

We did some testing, but my test object @havaduck was quite unwilling and I couldn't determine with certainty that my torp was about 7% faster than his :Smile_trollface:

The tool tip for torpedo speed doesn't update or it simply doesn't work. Of course nobody really needs fire prevention, nor does anyone really need TA to finish this - but SE and TAE surely come in handy, thus my recommendation.

giphy.gif

Will update this, just as the amount of freeze time on those torpedoes, which WG doesn't tell us.

14 hours ago, aboomination said:

It is uncertain if TA does work.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,667 posts
9,605 battles
8 hours ago, Spithas said:

It works fine and is a must have.

8 hours ago, aboomination said:

Thx, updated:Smile-_tongue:

How come it is that easy all of a sudden?!

When I tried the very same (again and again!), that didnt work! :cat_paw:

r5Xan8c.png

8 hours ago, aboomination said:

but my test object @havaduck

Spoiler

754402__semi-dash-grimdark_artist-colon-

First time the "test subject" tried to get away from the mad scientist laboratory and his inhuman experiments, right? :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface::Smile-_tongue:

Anyway, its actually good to see he guide being read and helps some people. Make no mistakes tough, I was just with Aboo - he did literally all the work from inception to the actual work. :Smile_honoring:

I only point my finger at things ......

Spoiler

1868415__safe_edit_edited+screencap_scre

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles
23 minutes ago, havaduck said:

How come it is that easy all of a sudden?!

When I tried the very same (again and again!), that didnt work! :cat_paw:

No, you said it doesn't matter - he said that it works and he will take the blame if it doesn't :Smile_trollface:

Difference!

Spoiler

Players
34 posts
3,674 battles

I've just done the scenario for the first time in a Zipper. Didn't get to do much as people who obviously knew what they were doing finished the scenario with 5 stars really quickly.

Expect for maybe the Barracuda all the captain builds are exactly the same using 16 points? That's going to be a bit boring unless there are new captain skills when/if subs enter the game.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles
10 minutes ago, Yche said:

Except for maybe the Barracuda all the captain builds are exactly the same using 16 points? That's going to be a bit boring unless there are new captain skills when/if subs enter the game.

Yes, the obvious "builds" are the same for all subs. But feel free to experiment. Sadly there are no cheap respecs, otherwise I would do at least some testing :Smile_sceptic: @MrConway.

See this ops as a test of basic mechanics. Sub specific captain skills could maybe show up in next year's iteration. And of course IF subs make it into the main game.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
386 posts

How effective is Barracuda's secondary armament if skilled?

Have not tested it and guess it sucks... or is the advertising of taking on BBs true?

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,961 battles
12 minutes ago, josykay said:

How effective is Baracuda's secondary armament if skilled?

Have not tested it and guess it sucks... or is the advertising of taking on BBs true?

Don't know. I get easily around 50-80 secondary hits with Barracuda per match (no secondary build) - since I already used 170k cxp on respeccing a sub, I can't be arsed to do it again.

But those secondaries are good enough to set a lot of fires without speccing into them.