Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PassTheSalt

Overchicken blue tracers absent

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,751 battles

As per the title, I've put the mission reward overchicken into my Kidd, disappointingly have had to suffer prole standard colour tracers, I am mortified!

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OP-B]
Beta Tester
370 posts
2,921 battles
2 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

As per the title, I've put the mission reward overchicken into my Kidd, disappointingly have had to suffer prole standard colour tracers, I am mortified!

Probably your first special captain while having only 8000 games. Click on the commander and select the blue tracers ;)

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

I m sure the correct spelling is Ovenkitchen.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
240 posts
5,638 battles
2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Probably your first special captain while having only 8000 games. Click on the commander and select the blue tracers ;)

also did not know that! cheers :-)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,141 battles

The only reason this was not news to me too was that someone else mentioned something similar in a different thread that I happened to glance at a week or so ago.

One might think it would be sensible for WG to have some sort of pop-up trigger the first time you get one of these captains?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

One might think it would be sensible for WG to have some sort of pop-up trigger the first time you get one of these captains?

It was quite a fuzz both With Yamamoto and Halsey so if you been around for year or two this is quite common knowledge tbh ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OP-B]
Beta Tester
370 posts
2,921 battles
6 hours ago, Verblonde said:

One might think it would be sensible for WG to have some sort of pop-up trigger the first time you get one of these captains?

*thinks back about improved division window* 

Naa, not for wg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,825 posts
7,574 battles

Gonna hijack the topic.... Cant find a USN ship (dd) that would benefit from this cpt... both special skills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IDDQD]
Players
1,782 posts
16,146 battles

I found this before two days...and I was always wondering why my special captains have normal tracers. I just thought that its not visible to me, but enemy see colored tracers...:Smile_facepalm:

Even my friend who is playing now for two months knew that :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Gonna hijack the topic.... Cant find a USN ship (dd) that would benefit from this cpt... both special skills

 

Turret traverse on Khaba is good enough, but if you want it to be more comfortable, you can use Ovenchicken for that. It is the best ship to make use of the buffed SE anyway.

 

That binational guy should go Grozo+KIDD though (without EM).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,141 battles
13 hours ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

It was quite a fuzz both With Yamamoto and Halsey so if you been around for year or two this is quite common knowledge tbh ...

I think I started WOWS around the time Yamamoto was launched; I knew about the collection (completed it ages ago), but not about the nuances of the captain himself - I only got him myself last week, I think.

 

When Halsey was launched, there was lots of fuss that I paid attention to, but I don't recall a simple "click here to activate pretties" post/instruction anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,825 posts
7,574 battles
18 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

 

Turret traverse on Khaba is good enough, but if you want it to be more comfortable, you can use Ovenchicken for that. It is the best ship to make use of the buffed SE anyway.

 

That binational guy should go Grozo+KIDD though (without EM).

 

I used the soviet captain on the Leningrad to make use of the both skills.

About the USN one .... I dont know ... maybe the Gearing, but am not sure if the SE rewards is big enough for leveling him from 10 to 19.

Currently Im thinking of leveling him on the Arizona (turret traverse buff), since I hardly play the ship.

 

The dual captain ... how do I even get him? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles
52 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

The dual captain ... how do I even get him? :)

You pay.

Not very useful in my opinion, because the AFT you usually take on RU DDs is useless on the US ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

You pay.

Not very useful in my opinion, because the AFT you usually take on RU DDs is useless on the US ones.

 

That is why he only really fits Grozo+KIDD. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles
1 minute ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

 

That is why he only really fits Grozo+KIDD. 

 

On Kidd is also useless, unless you re sure you get a CV each game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
17 minutes ago, 22cm said:

On Kidd is also useless, unless you re sure you get a CV each game.

 

AFT on KIDD improves both your AA and your main guns (yes the range is useful when shooting BBs from smoke, which you do a lot with so few torps).

 

Flamu has a good build for example:

https://youtu.be/DbZw0aSSVy4?t=1201

You can switch BFT on his build for Oven-SE though and go full survivability. That also fits Grozo a bit better in my opinion.

 

And of course the AA is a major strength of the KIDD. It is strongest in a div with a CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×