You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bics93

Khaba-Tashkent build suggestion

Last three points:  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Last three points:

• BFT
    • Superintendent

26 comments in this topic

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
181 posts
3,670 battles

Hi! I need an advice regarding last 3 points on my russian DD commander:

- BFT: costant 10% more DPM;

- Superintendent: another heal and another spood beast can be useful, but high tier matches that last more than 14-15 minutes are unfortunately quite rare these days, so I’m not sure how often I’ll find myself  in a ”Damn, I need another consumable” situation  :cap_hmm:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,134 battles
17 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

I'd take both. I don't know what is your current build but I would go for:

PT PM

AR LS

SE BFT SI

AFT

You don't bother with concealment at all (AFT, rather than CE)? Just curious: I'm in the process of getting the T8 gunboat, having gone up the more hybrid line before (and mostly playing sneaky DDs the rest of the time), so interested for future reference.

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
460 posts
3,882 battles

The T9 and T10 russians have no use for concealment.  They exist to shoot stuff. Use the heal and speed to survive,  not concealment.

For OP: BFT all the way.

An extra heal is nice in some games. 10% more pewpew is nice in all games.  

• Cool 3

[-FF-]
Players
663 posts
5,431 battles
20 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

You don't bother with concealment at all (AFT, rather than CE)? Just curious: I'm in the process of getting the T8 gunboat, having gone up the more hybrid line before (and mostly playing sneaky DDs the rest of the time), so interested for future reference.

Correct.

I don't care about CE. You're not a cap contester, and you want to be non stop shooting, dodging incoming shells. So concealment expert is useless, you're always spotted when you shoot :)

• Cool 3

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
370 posts
2,921 battles
1 hour ago, elblancogringo said:

I'd take both. I don't know what is your current build but I would go for:

PT PM

AR LS

SE BFT SI

AFT

I have the same, except switched PM and AR for DE.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
181 posts
3,670 battles
1 ora fa, Panocek ha scritto:

Why not both?

PT, LS, SE, AFT, BFT, DE, SI

I've said "last 3 points" because I've already taken DE and SE at that skill line, so I can't take them both ;) 

But BFT seems to be preferred because it is active for the entire match, while extra heal is useful only on long matches... 

Players
2,138 posts

Interesting as I've been considering playing Tashkent to Khaba so the captain suggestions are useful. I've played all the other DD lines to T10, but they're stealth dependent on the whole so very different from these.

Which ship upgrade modules would you guys pick?

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles
9 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Which ship upgrade modules would you guys pick?

On Tashkent I use Main Armaments, Engine Boost, Aiming Systems, Steering Gears 2, Concealment and finally Main Battery Mod 3.

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
181 posts
3,670 battles
39 minuti fa, Robber_Baron ha scritto:

On Tashkent I use Main Armaments, Engine Boost, Aiming Systems, Steering Gears 2, Concealment and finally Main Battery Mod 3.

Then simply swap concealment for double rudder on Khaba... 

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

I've personally run PT, LS, SE, AFT, BFT, SI, AR and PM I guess at the end.

IMO no need for DE as you fire your guns so much that a few percent extra isn't really noticeable. But a permanent DPM hike with BFT and the extra heal are far more practical.

• Cool 3

[BGBRD]
Players
277 posts
9,318 battles
12 hours ago, Hummus said:

For OP: BFT all the way.

An extra heal is nice in some games. 10% more pewpew is nice in all games.  

It's not just an extra heal, but an extra speed boost aswell, witch is useful in all games (more time at max speed = harder to hit = staying alive and the extra heal cover missplays)... the daka is good (even if it's not that big of a difference), but as for every DD (even if the play-style more similar to a CL) - survivability is more important...  you cant do dmg if you're dead.

• Cool 1

[BAD-B]
Players
742 posts
2,427 battles
1 hour ago, OTECa1 said:

It's not just an extra heal, but an extra speed boost aswell, witch is useful in all games (more time at max speed = harder to hit = staying alive and the extra heal cover missplays)... the daka is good (even if it's not that big of a difference), but as for every DD (even if the play-style more similar to a CL) - survivability is more important...  you cant do dmg if you're dead.

that one heal is a cruiser salvo or BB pen ... as for the speed boost, there's 2 minutes cooldown between them ...

anyway there are 2 ways to play these:

1. go near cap and help your cap contesting DDs with firepower from the start

2. wait and see where the enemy BBs are, relocate there and roast them

if you prefer 1, go BFT, your survivability will be low anyway

if you prefer 2, go SI

• Cool 1

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles
6 hours ago, a_p_u_l_e_i_u_s said:

shot-18.11.02_06.33.46-0242.jpg

+1

I think adrenaline rush makes up for the BFT 10% damage because so many freak hits now days. i rather have more spood beast and heal but thats my Personal Preference.

I also run a speedboost module to extend the time in the open on full speed guns blazing.

The downtime between the boosts is usable for surveying the current situation and look for new angles of attack.

Edited by The_Reichtangle
Something to add
  • Cool 1

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
460 posts
3,882 battles
2 hours ago, OTECa1 said:

This is absolutely true ... but in these ships you are running speed boost module of course. So between the long speed boost and the cooldown between the boosts your 3 speed boosts will last 13 mins or so? (I haven't done the math... but assume you boost after 1 min of starting the match and leave a minute between it coming off CD and using it... since I almost never chain them straight away)

If I'm alive for more than 13 minutes (and the game hasn't been won yet) I've pumped out at least 300 shots .... so BFT will be 30 extra shells ...... I take that (and te extra fires) over the potential situation that I ave a game of 13+minutes and need a boost at the end.

(I thought about this long and hard, but BFT is better than DE I think, and I prefer both of them above SI )

• Cool 1

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles

BFT also helps with shooting down planes. The Tashkent doesn't have a long range AA-aura, so it doesn't matter much for that ship, but the Kebab has, and is able to shoot down spotter planes if they annoy you or your allies; she can also shave off a plane or two off of CV strikes. For that reason I also use the AA upgrade instead of the aiming systems one on the Kebab.

[-FF-]
Players
663 posts
5,431 battles
14 hours ago, Negativvv said:

I've personally run PT, LS, SE, AFT, BFT, SI, AR and PM I guess at the end.

IMO no need for DE as you fire your guns so much that a few percent extra isn't really noticeable. But a permanent DPM hike with BFT and the extra heal are far more practical.

Exactly, no need for DE, it is useful when you have very low base fire chance (e.g. IJN gunboats).

4 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

that one heal is a cruiser salvo or BB pen ... as for the speed boost, there's 2 minutes cooldown between them ...

anyway there are 2 ways to play these:

1. go near cap and help your cap contesting DDs with firepower from the start

2. wait and see where the enemy BBs are, relocate there and roast them

if you prefer 1, go BFT, your survivability will be low anyway

if you prefer 2, go SI

I disagree, this is way too situational, there is no "this build is good for this, or that". BFT and SI are both mandatory, and that should not affect your playstyle. Switching DE for BFT is the way to go.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
181 posts
3,670 battles
4 ore fa, Runegrem ha scritto:

The Tashkent doesn't have a long range AA-aura

Well, now it has one: Tashkent has been recently buffed and now he can mount Khaba’s dual purpose guns  :fish_book:  

• Cool 1

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles
On 11/2/2018 at 4:51 PM, Bics93 said:

Well, now it has one: Tashkent has been recently buffed and now he can mount Khaba’s dual purpose guns  :fish_book:  

Oh, right. She does have those guns. I forgot to check the main guns on wows-numbers.com since I don't actually have the ship myself.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
640 posts
3,670 battles
On 11/2/2018 at 2:28 PM, elblancogringo said:

Exactly, no need for DE, it is useful when you have very low base fire chance (e.g. IJN gunboats).

The base fire chance is 9%. if you run DE and signals it will go to 11%. I think that is worth it seeing on how many shots you pump out per game. That are a lot of extra fires :) 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
3 hours ago, Linkaex said:

The base fire chance is 9%. if you run DE and signals it will go to 11%. I think that is worth it seeing on how many shots you pump out per game. That are a lot of extra fires :) 

Well the build I run for instance you'll have to give up SI, BFT or SE in order to take DE.

All 3 of those skills are more important than DE and there aren't many points left to spare. Suppose AR and PM could be dropped in favour of DE...

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
640 posts
3,670 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Well the build I run for instance you'll have to give up SI, BFT or SE in order to take DE.

All 3 of those skills are more important than DE and there aren't many points left to spare. Suppose AR and PM could be dropped in favour of DE...

I run this, but I might switch BFT for SI since AR also does that job to an extend. But I need to play more battles in the Khaba. As for now I rarely use all my heals and speed boosts. And when I do in late game the game is most of the time already in a big favor of one of the teams. And when mopping up I prefer the higher fire chance on those low health BB's that instantly repair on 1 or 2 fires. 

Spoiler

On 11/1/2018 at 10:03 PM, Linkaex said:

I use this template 

image.png.0a00d1e564279aa20f8222eea9fa5541.png

I used this video as reference for my build