Jump to content
Sehales

PTS 0.7.11 - General Feedback

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,528 posts
1,092 battles

Captains,

 

Please leave any general feedback about the new features in update 0.7.11 here.

Please head this way if you encountered a bug: Bug Reports

 

Feedback threads:

 

Edited by Sehales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PORT]
Modder
1,526 posts
11,169 battles

Now played all of the ships on PTS. A refreshing test of a super-arcarde-random-battle-mode.

+ The short firing and spotting ranges condense the game to mid of the map

+ Fancy consumables mostly allow a kind of healing, making fire/flooding damage negligible.

- No cover and lack of range -> the cruisers got blapped, after 5 minutes only BBs on the field :X

 

But I'm curious what the pro's will say on youtube, I probably missed the ultimate tactics. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
385 posts

Do NOT add 10% torpedo bulge / external plating damage. Removing no damage hits from AA guns, secondary guns is great. But 10% damage to torpedo bulges and external armor plating (for example French cruisers and Alabama / US BBs in general) should not be implemented as it destroys balance and makes no sense whatsoever.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UN]
Weekend Tester
870 posts
20,492 battles

The new mode won't work. It requires teamwork/focus fire, and yeah, good luck with that and randumbs. The healing powers are so stupidly effective when stacked. It will be an even bigger source of frustration and toxicity than what's already in the game.

 

Edit: You want us to play operations, yet don't give us ships to do so. Top. I hate how the latest test servers are becoming more and more of a grind.

 

 

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
392 posts

Addition of HE Shell penetration to the information in port was interesting; I'd thought RN BB secondaries got 1/4 penetration like the main battery shells. Did confirm what people said about the Bismarck and the 150mm secondaries getting 1/4 while the 105mm get 1/6 (so the 150mm guns have over double the penetration, 36mm vs 17mm). This will help with people trying to decide on IFHE or not and extra information is often welcome.

 

Agree with @Caljostro about the operations. Need Tier VI and VII ships, mostly, and we've been given Tier VIII and I. If the operations are rotating then could try Cherry Blossom, but nothing else as I doubt an all-Richelieu queue would work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2 posts
2 hours ago, Smeggo said:

Now played all of the ships on PTS. A refreshing test of a super-arcarde-random-battle-mode.

+ The short firing and spotting ranges condense the game to mid of the map

+ Fancy consumables mostly allow a kind of healing, making fire/flooding damage negligible.

- No cover and lack of range -> the cruisers got blapped, after 5 minutes only BBs on the field :X  <-- This

 

 

 

Looks like all salvos from BB's are citadel hits on my cruiser w/o giving broadside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PORT]
Modder
1,526 posts
11,169 battles
7 minutes ago, MarcodiMarchi said:

Looks like all salvos from BB's are citadel hits on my cruiser w/o giving broadside

Yeah, even the strongest heal-consumable will not save you from an instant delete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
92 posts
6,007 battles

 

Quote

Besides that, there are certain changes to the mechanics of causing damage to bulges, secondary battery/AA defense, and fully destroyed parts of a ship. Now, when these areas are hit, the ship will receive guaranteed damage of 10% of the maximum damage that can be caused by such a projectile or torpedo. The new mechanics will reduce the number of cases when, despite receiving the "Penetration" ribbon, no damage to the ship’s HP was inflicted.

 

The change to counting Torpedo Belt as extremity armor makes it so that ships like Nagato are entirely covered in 25mm armor and 229-305 belt armor is ignored completely and as such this ship can NOT bounce anything on its belt if it overmatches the 25mm "torpedo belt".  I've been running countless training rooms shooting at all kinds of angled Amagi's with my Yamato, same effect as Amagi is now covered in 32mm which Yamato overmatches, And the Amagis never bounced a shell. 

 

If this goes through then this ships change from nicely balanced to completely broken unplayable, cant angle to bounce shells, everything is a HE target. And changing the Torpedo belt to the armor of the belt would also be a nerf as the torpedo belt isn't inclined like the main belt.

 

Also rip French spaced armor.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NYXCZ]
Players
11 posts
4,163 battles

Zero pen dmg "solution" needs to go, penalizing ships with external torpedo bulges and spaced armor is insane. There is great detailed post on this by Little White Mouse on NA forums and list of ships inpacted in negative way is pretty extensive.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OMNI]
Players
847 posts
11,772 battles

Please do not go ahead with the changes to torpedo bulge and spaced armor pens. It's completely unnecessary and will create imbalances while fixing basically what's a non issue.

BB-AP vs DD is also too much of a change. I am sure if you check overall data you will see that BB is one of the biggest sources of damage dealt to DDs (specially from T8+) reducing that to just 10% overpen will have too high an impact on DD survivability. Disparities between teams with good DD players and bad DD players will become even more pronounced. BBs will feel even less secure vs DDs with more running away or camping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DE-FS]
Players
339 posts
10,101 battles
13 hours ago, Smeggo said:

Yes, operations. Good luck finding 7 operation-players on the PTS :D

hmmm but i wonn 2x, and it still shows like nothing happens. BUG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DE-FS]
Players
339 posts
10,101 battles

good new ideas in halloween.  new magic modules, new dynamic damage range in map.  its nice, and no big BUGs first sight

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-B]
Players
738 posts
2,427 battles
15 hours ago, snakecake said:

 

 

The change to counting Torpedo Belt as extremity armor makes it so that ships like Nagato are entirely covered in 25mm armor and 229-305 belt armor is ignored completely and as such this ship can NOT bounce anything on its belt if it overmatches the 25mm "torpedo belt".  I've been running countless training rooms shooting at all kinds of angled Amagi's with my Yamato, same effect as Amagi is now covered in 32mm which Yamato overmatches, And the Amagis never bounced a shell. 

 

If this goes through then this ships change from nicely balanced to completely broken unplayable, cant angle to bounce shells, everything is a HE target. And changing the Torpedo belt to the armor of the belt would also be a nerf as the torpedo belt isn't inclined like the main belt.

 

Also rip French spaced armor.

correct me if I am wrong, but each armor layer has a separate penetration calculation ...

 

so it should do overpen damage on the bulge and then shatter/ricochet on the belt armor beneath ... previously it would show pen ribbon with 0 damage as the shell shattered/bounced on the belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
92 posts
6,007 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

correct me if I am wrong, but each armor layer has a separate penetration calculation ...

 

so it should do overpen damage on the bulge and then shatter/ricochet on the belt armor beneath ... previously it would show pen ribbon with 0 damage as the shell shattered/bounced on the belt.

It doesnt work that way now, If you go through the bulge you get a pen,  depending on saturation its either the for full dmg of the pen, so 33% of the maximum shell damage, 50% of that or 10% with the new always inflict 10% of the shell in damage.

 

This new Bulge count as extremity armor with the new shells cause 10% of the damage in case of pen also causes for some idiotic scenarios for lack of better words. Namely that AP shells that normally would have lost enough penetration/or didnt have it in the first place like low caliber to not shatter on the main belt but punch through the Bulge and cause penetration damage. On PTS an Akizuki shooting AP at the Amagi's main belt will always get the 10% damage from the new mechanic while on Live it shatters.

 

What it means is that any ship with Bulges before their main belt cannot bounce shells anymore, cannot shatter shells on the main belt anymore and will always receive damage due the new 10% of shell dmg rule. It removes angling to reduce incoming damage which is from a gameplay/balance/fun perspective really really bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-B]
Players
738 posts
2,427 battles
1 minute ago, snakecake said:

It doesnt work that way now, If you go through the bulge you get a pen,  depending on saturation its either the for full dmg of the pen, so 33% of the maximum shell damage, 50% of that or 10% with the new always inflict 10% of the shell in damage.

 

This new Bulge count as extremity armor with the new shells cause 10% of the damage in case of pen also causes for some idiotic scenarios for lack of better words. Namely that AP shells that normally would have lost enough penetration/or didnt have it in the first place like low caliber to not shatter on the main belt but punch through the Bulge and cause penetration damage. On PTS an Akizuki shooting AP at the Amagi's main belt will always get the 10% damage from the new mechanic while on Live it shatters.

 

What it means is that any ship with Bulges before their main belt cannot bounce shells anymore, cannot shatter shells on the main belt anymore and will always receive damage due the new 10% of shell dmg rule. It removes angling to reduce incoming damage which is from a gameplay/balance/fun perspective really really bad.

You are confusing something here. The way I read it, if you pen the bulge, you do 10% of pen damage (basically an overpen) and further penetration checks continue as before the change, so low caliber will shatter on the main belt as before.

 

On Live now, you do pen the bulge, shell shatters on the main belt on a 2nd penetration check (for low caliber gun) and you see a pen with 0 damage.

 

If you are observing anything else, it is a bug and you should report it.

 

Previously the bulge was not linked to any HP pool on the ship, so a pen did nothing just subtracted from the shell pen. Ideally it would not do damage but reduce the torpedo protection of the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
92 posts
6,007 battles
12 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

You are confusing something here. The way I read it, if you pen the bulge, you do 10% of pen damage (basically an overpen) and further penetration checks continue as before the change, so low caliber will shatter on the main belt as before.

 

On Live now, you do pen the bulge, shell shatters on the main belt on a 2nd penetration check (for low caliber gun) and you see a pen with 0 damage.

 

If you are observing anything else, it is a bug and you should report it.

 

Previously the bulge was not linked to any HP pool on the ship, so a pen did nothing just subtracted from the shell pen. Ideally it would not do damage but reduce the torpedo protection of the ship.

I actually play test it on PTS and Live here have some screenshot from both. Akizuki is PTS, Kitakaze is Live both shooting at the same target. Akizuki getting penetrations and the 10% dmg (Akizuki AP shell does 1700) and a shot of aki shooting at the extended aft belt which shatters the shells for 0 damage and Kitakaze only getting shatters, with 1 shell going high and hitting the superstructure.

 

Perhaps i worded it wrong but the gist is that due to the placement of the Bulge Amagi will always receive damage on PTS because of the 10% mechanic. The same happens with heavier shells and bouncing on the main belt, the 2nd check bounces the shell but you still get 10% dmg of said shell due to the Bulge. It unnecessarily punishes ships with these designs all because this is a "solution" to the 0 pen damage ribbon. And the 10% damage of the shell always happens even if the section is over saturated and has 0 HP left.

shot-18.11.02_16.28.42-0414.jpg

shot-18.11.02_16.29.44-0788.jpg

shot-18.11.02_16.31.01-0030.jpg

shot-18.11.02_16.41.13-0411.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WAZ]
Players
14 posts
1,368 battles

@Caljostro @Johmie, aren't the 3 of the 4 operations they're updating require T6, which they are giving? The last one's T7 which they don't, but every ship is like 2K XP, and they give so many XP consumables plus 3K free XP as you login. Shouldn't that mean worst-case is needing to play 0-2 matches to get all necessary XP?

 

@Smeggo, scenario queues seem doable, in EU ~3AM I think I had to wait 5 minutes per match (was on phone, so timing's inaccurate).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WAZ]
Players
14 posts
1,368 battles

PT-specific, event clarity:

  • Mission "Complete the entire "Royal Navy Destroyers" collection":
    • Nothing in-game confirmed the presence of this reward, due to this I would have not tried to seek completing it, but luckily it happened to get completed just by doing the rest of the missions.
  • Mission "Win a Random Battle with ships of any type (except aircraft carriers)":
    • Page's text implies the need to win with only 1 ship type to get the reward. Since it needs all 3 types, it should say "all types" rather than "any type".
    • I do understand if the intention was indeed 1 ship type, it would have said a totally different message, e.g. "win a battle with any non-CV ship", so it was obvious the page's text had a problem even before comparing to the in-game mission.

PT-specific, other:

  • Ship Glow: I only played two TB matches, and I didn't focus on spotting the colors, but I didn't notice any of the 3 described colors on any ships in-match.

Probably not PT-specific, but observed during it:

  • New "Battle Type" Alert: Despite the WG alert icon of small white circle with red fill disappearing from above the individual battle types (Co-op, Random, Training, etc.), the icon remained showing on the outer button that grants access to selecting the individual battle types.
    • I got outer alert removed by switching to each & every battle type once, so my guess is that there's a lack of coordination between the outer alert and inner ones.
    • I even recall the inner alerts were all present and didn't disappeared by going out then in, but after changing the battle type once all inner alerts suddenly disappeared.
  • Ending 2v1 with a ram: As soon as both ships die, the match ends & screen starts changing to match results screen, but also the audio of "you're the last ship" starts playing.

Compliments for the higher level of accuracy/reliability in regards to missions & rewards. Keep up the good work.

 

- KitCat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
392 posts
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, KtX2SkD said:

@Caljostro @Johmie, aren't the 3 of the 4 operations they're updating require T6, which they are giving? The last one's T7 which they don't, but every ship is like 2K XP, and they give so many XP consumables plus 3K free XP as you login. Shouldn't that mean worst-case is needing to play 0-2 matches to get all necessary XP?

 

They added the Tier VI ships after it was pointed out that those were missing, and after we had posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
320 posts
9,061 battles

No for 10% for torpedo belt. The problem is simple - me and everyone around gets angry when we see ribbon "penetrated" for 0 damage. Simply speaking game lies to me to what is happening.

 

Correct solution: When you pen only torpedo belt just set ribbon to shatter or just inform players that we did not penetrate real armor.

 

Your solution: Let's break 25% of ships in the game and totaly change mechanics to fit for current ribbons.

It does not make sense at all. Big NO.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WAZ]
Players
14 posts
1,368 battles

Context FTW >.>

 

Round 2 feedback, probably unspecific to PT:

  • Shore defenses in operation "Killer Whale" register a distance of ~4000km in the first second they appear.
  • The "Reports" interface was a little slow (as in late) to show completed battles.
  • Every first login of every round, all the PT-assigned resources are noted in the "Reports" interface. As it takes minute(s) to pass 3 by 3, and there isn't any real value in it, it's worth considering if adding a skip is feasible.
  • EDIT: News article for round 2 has the changes of round 2 written twice.

- KitCat.

Edited by KtX2SkD
Added 1 point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1 post
1,488 battles

I'm totally disgusted with the new system. First of all it is too much micromanagement and the absence of fighters takes away the chance of tactical win over the enemy CV.

If your fighters can deplete enemy fighters you can then deplete enemy bombers and torpedo planes and thus help your team to a win, hopefully.

 

In the test the battleship AA is just out of this world! Squadron is usually diminished to a single plane that can attack. The targeting system is probably good, but I don't like it because I think it is too much micromanagement.

Also under such a heavy and accurate AA the TEST aiming system is too slow.

Or then I was just unable to set the targets that the planes could attack automatically, like in the system that is currently in the game.

 

Anyway, I like that the old version is a lot better anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×