Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tcfreer

The Ring - SAVE A CC

18 comments in this topic

[BOBS]
Community Contributor
122 posts
4,447 battles

The CCs have voted; now it's YOUR chance to have a say in who moves on to Round 2 of The Ring! Vote and save your favourite competitor! 

Corrected now :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6tL95G3ZD_JLUrn52JM_7w/community?lb=UgxuOZWgHZhldJPw6bF4AaABCQ 

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles

We can not influence the outcome of this "contest" anyways, why give them traffic?

Players
2,814 posts
12,775 battles

Who is this @ShuggieHamster person who said:

" Fara bring a very different take on many things whereas the other 3 tend to deliver a similar view. He tells it as he sees it whereas the others tend to filter AND he's scottish - gods chosen people! "

Well, yes, the Scots are a multi-talented people who punch above their weight and are worthy of great respect, but.....

Is he not aware of the great quote by Cecil Rhodes (that shy, retiring Social justice Warrior from the Victorian era) who said to Lord Grey:

" ... you are an Englishman, and have subsequently drawn the greatest prize in the lottery of life " :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[TRID]
Players
76 posts
3,850 battles
29 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

" Fara bring a very different take on many things whereas the other 3 tend to deliver a similar view. He tells it as he sees it whereas the others tend to filter AND he's scottish - gods chosen people! "

Well, yes, the Scots are a multi-talented people who punch above their weight and are worthy of great respect, but.....

Is he not aware of the great quote by Cecil Rhodes (that shy, retiring Social justice Warrior from the Victorian era) who said to Lord Grey:

" ... you are an Englishman, and have subsequently drawn the greatest prize in the lottery of life " :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

Don't think you'd want to associate yourself with Cecil Rhodes these days old chap, he said plenty more about other people besides Englishmen

• Cool 1

Players
749 posts
7,540 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Haw pal ..... Ok, I admit it, I did kinda pinch the intent of the quote.

• Cool 1

Players
2,138 posts
4 hours ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Don't think you'd want to associate yourself with Cecil Rhodes these days old chap, he said plenty more about other people besides Englishmen

Why not? Just because some social justice warrior types are trying to do a bit of historical revisionism it doesn't change the fact that Rhodes did an awful lot of good in the world, not the least being endowing educational establishments.

As to the Ring, it seems utterly meaningless since it seems to be CC's voting for each other and more than a few of the CC's have refused to take part.

• Cool 2

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
9 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Why not? Just because some social justice warrior types are trying to do a bit of historical revisionism it doesn't change the fact that Rhodes did an awful lot of good in the world, not the least being endowing educational establishments.

Well, at least they leave Apu from "The Simpsons" alone...

...reads news...

giphy.gif

Players
2,814 posts
12,775 battles
10 hours ago, TheAlba2014 said:

Absolutely not!  (Hence my sarcasm about " shy, retiring Social justice Warrior")

My personal views are 180 degrees from those of his ilk.

Just doing a bit of gentle leg-pulling!  :Smile_honoring:

[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles
31 minutes ago, FIow3rPow3r said:

I missed something..why isn't Jingles in that list?

Jingles is already in the second round. You can vote just for CCs that are not qualified yet.

• Cool 1

[TRID]
Players
76 posts
3,850 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Absolutely not!  (Hence my sarcasm about " shy, retiring Social justice Warrior")

My personal views are 180 degrees from those of his ilk.

Just doing a bit of gentle leg-pulling!  :Smile_honoring:

Ha...well fair enough. He may have done some great things with the wealth he amassed as Beau points out, but his views on the people that lived in the areas he made that wealth form were definitely a sign of the times and gladly few and far between these days (Rule Britania! :Smile-_tongue: )

20 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

As to the Ring, it seems utterly meaningless since it seems to be CC's voting for each other and more than a few of the CC's have refused to take part.

SJW types? So it's revisionism to comment on the facts of the man's views held at that time in the world that existed then? He wasn't the only one that held such views, but it'd be a little one eyed to not acknowledge them.

Anyway, as to the ring it remains to be seen if they've learned from their mistakes the 1st time round.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

I m just curious, from 14 contributors, couldn t they find a bigger one?!

Gulliver.JPG

[SCRUB]
Players
5,441 posts
8,981 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

I m just curious, from 14 contributors, couldn t they find a bigger one?!

Gulliver.JPG

I guess that appearance, attitude and voice were of more importance :cap_yes:

Beta Tester
35 posts
2,305 battles

No reason what ever to care for the ring as we don't really matter in terms of who will become the winner.

WG F-effed the event so badly as seems to be their standard. 

Community event where community is in a minor role is just not worth it.

Sign in to follow this