Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Mountain Range map and Camping

9 comments in this topic

Players
75 posts
9,545 battles

What do you guys think of the Mountain Range map in domination mode and the play it evokes ?

Everytime this map comes up, I can virtually guarantee that all the players on one team (regarless of ship type) will ignore A and B caps and just head east  to the C Cap. 

Personally speaking, I really dont see the attraction, as you can't manoeuvre when your in those islands and your trapped like fish in a barrel once you're there.

The net result is usually a complete roflstomp ..............  I think Jingles would say  'Is there a pot of glue in the C Cap or something?' .......

image.thumb.png.873d007fed7774aee91e8d2d108c4b56.png

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles

pretty much opposite to my experience - for me, this is one of the more dynamic maps usually. Doesnt mean there arent any campers, but at least this map usually has at least one of the teams moving out of their spawn by the 10min mark, which is already better than most other maps at high tiers.

[OMNI]
Players
850 posts
11,772 battles

This isn't a problem of Mountain Range.

The vast majority of mouth breathers will behave like this in any map.

Look at Trap for example and check how many times the ships spawning close to A will turn around and waste 7 mins moving over to C. Look at sleeping giant and how many people prefer to go to the 8-9-10 line side. Islands of Ice and people going north or south of C in the cluster of islands along the 7 line.

Not really a map design fault... it's just the player mentality. 

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,645 posts
5,361 battles
14 minutes ago, Spithas said:

Not really a map design fault... it's just the player mentality. 

Very much this.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,825 posts
7,574 battles

One of the worst maps (boring) in the game for me. Ocean is a gem compared to this one. I hate it.

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles

I find it more frustrating when half the team heads for A and then gets stuck on that side of the map while everyone on the BC side dies.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,380 posts
11,042 battles
58 minutes ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

What do you guys think of the Mountain Range map in domination mode and the play it evokes ?

Everytime this map comes up, I can virtually guarantee that all the players on one team (regarless of ship type) will ignore A and B caps and just head east  to the C Cap. 

Personally speaking, I really dont see the attraction, as you can't manoeuvre when your in those islands and your trapped like fish in a barrel once you're there.

The net result is usually a complete roflstomp ..............  I think Jingles would say  'Is there a pot of glue in the C Cap or something?' .......

image.thumb.png.873d007fed7774aee91e8d2d108c4b56.png

That is the problem with maps with not enough cover.

And no, the battle does not turn out like that everytime. And no, teams getting herded into c do not lose everytime, unfortunately.

The advantage of C is that you have cover against enemies without cover. If the enemy is stupid enough to push against C while your team is entrenched there, you will win by ships.

On the other hand, if the enemy just caps A+B and stays away from C, your team will lose by points.

The best option here is to go for two caps and the stronger players should secure B as this is most important for winning.

• Cool 1

Players
1,818 posts
10,140 battles

Whenever all the enemy ships go to/through C, i like to go to B and flank em.

Sign in to follow this