Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Halloween part 3

15 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
637 posts
11,484 battles

Played it last night for the first time along with 5 members of our Clan, 3 games and 3 very, very easy 5 Stars, will have to check if there is a harder version as at present it is so easy to achieve the 5 stars.

Weekend Tester
708 posts

Yeah next week is bringing the hard version, this is just to get us used to the controls and gameplay, also you might want to grind for the killer whale its a beast.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
43 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

Yeah next week is bringing the hard version, this is just to get us used to the controls and gameplay, also you might want to grind for the killer whale its a beast.

Even the Sea Lion is good, and getting 5 stars is easier than reaching 50k bXP.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
58 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Even the Sea Lion is good, and getting 5 stars is easier than reaching 50k bXP.

I just love the Gerfalcon disable -  swim under - torp from the back tactic too much :)

• Cool 4

Players
2,814 posts
12,775 battles
8 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I just love the Gerfalcon disable -  swim under - torp from the back tactic too much :)

That design seems retarded to me - as well as taking another massive leap away from realism in the game.

Just fit the torpedo tubes at the rear to the bow of the ship and do the job in one go.

(Nothing personal Blixies, I'm just feeling particularly violent towards Wargaming gimmicks today) :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
28 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

That design seems retarded to me - as well as taking another massive leap away from realism in the game.

Just fit the torpedo tubes at the rear to the bow of the ship and do the job in one go.

(Nothing personal Blixies, I'm just feeling particularly violent towards Wargaming gimmicks today) :Smile_honoring:

I see what you mean. But this tactic was quite useful in rushing the primary (was it?) objective of discovering the Fortress.

The gimmicks have to be properly tested before we can buy enjoy them live you know :D

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,169 posts
10,987 battles
7 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Played it last night for the first time along with 5 members of our Clan, 3 games and 3 very, very easy 5 Stars, will have to check if there is a harder version as at present it is so easy to achieve the 5 stars.

Even playing with random potatoes, losing a star is usually nothing but a case of "nobody sailed far enough to spot the last batteries before Rasputin went down".

• Cool 2

Players
98 posts
3,879 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Weren't there subs with rear firing torpedo tubes?  Fairly certain there were.

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
6 minutes ago, MyopicHedgehog said:

Weren't there subs with rear firing torpedo tubes?  Fairly certain there were.

Most WW2 subs had stern tubes.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,691 posts
1,492 battles
22 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Most WW2 subs had stern tubes.

I want the Brit T class. 10! Tubes up front, or 6 front and 4 behind depending on variant.

Players
2,814 posts
12,775 battles

People have rightly pointed out that in real life there were subs with rear firing torpedo tubes. :Smile_honoring:

Allow me to rephrase my objection.

The rear firing tubes were only to take advantage of specific (rare) tactical situations.  The doctrine of all navies was to attack with front-tubes as the overwhelmingly preferred method of attack.

It was WoWS which peddled this fantasy line about firing torps to disable the target then dive under it and finish it off with the rear tubes.

In the Operation, everybody charges forwards in a feeding frenzy and just demolishes the opposition. Those submarines with only forward-firing tubes have a huge advantage.

I never get close enough to an enemy ship to dive under it - because even random teams are slaughtering them before I can get there.! :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
3,657 posts
7,330 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, at sea, fighting zombie ships from a parallel dimension and you're worried about the placement of the torpedo tubes being unrealisitic?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

Players
98 posts
3,879 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

People have rightly pointed out that in real life there were subs with rear firing torpedo tubes. :Smile_honoring:

Allow me to rephrase my objection.

The rear firing tubes were only to take advantage of specific (rare) tactical situations.  The doctrine of all navies was to attack with front-tubes as the overwhelmingly preferred method of attack.

It was WoWS which peddled this fantasy line about firing torps to disable the target then dive under it and finish it off with the rear tubes.

In the Operation, everybody charges forwards in a feeding frenzy and just demolishes the opposition. Those submarines with only forward-firing tubes have a huge advantage.

I never get close enough to an enemy ship to dive under it - because even random teams are slaughtering them before I can get there.! :Smile_teethhappy:

Weren't the rear tubes so that subs could finish off wounded ships in good time as tubes took so long to reload (or somesuch)?

Oh and yes, totally agree about the feeding frenzy...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this