Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DangerousDave2k

Which captain skill next on Republique?

16 comments in this topic

Players
177 posts
5,099 battles

So far I have PM, AR, SI, AFT and CE (14 points)

I have  another 3 points and working on a 4th.

I'm considering either BOS or FP because this thing is a tinderbox. I'm not sure if I get any more mileage out of FP than BOS because the whole of the ship is a fire risk, so tying the two superstructure fire sites together doesn't cut down on the fire possibility as much as it would for other ships.

Also considering MFCSA (less favoured).

Any ideas?

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles

With 14 Points you should have:

(1) Priority Target

(2) Adrenalin Rush

(3) Super Intendent

(4) Concealment Expert

(4) Fire Prevention

And with 19 points your build could be like this:

Spoiler

77275433_MN-X-Republique(19).thumb.jpg.0a81292c480303651b5a4a584efa99c6.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
571 posts
3,735 battles

I'd take CE and FP first, and then instead of the extra consumable I'd take the shorter fires and floodings. France only got 32mm everywhere so cruisers melt you pretty quickly.

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
28 minutes ago, DangerousDave2k said:

I'm considering either BOS or FP because this thing is a tinderbox. I'm not sure if I get any more mileage out of FP than BOS because the whole of the ship is a fire risk, so tying the two superstructure fire sites together doesn't cut down on the fire possibility as much as it would for other ships.

that doesnt make any sense whatsoever

• Cool 1

Players
177 posts
5,099 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

that doesnt make any sense whatsoever

Fires can be started on a non-pen right? If so, I suppose it makes no difference that Rep is covered in 32mm as far as fire goes?

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
Just now, DangerousDave2k said:

Fires can be started on a non-pen right? If so, I suppose it makes no difference that Rep is covered in 32mm as far as fire goes?

exactly :cap_like:

the one argument you could make is that fires are somewhat less dangerous for a Repu, relatively speaking, because you get killed by HE shell damage much faster than a Kurfürst would, so the fires have a lot less time to tick^^

• Cool 1

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles
47 minutes ago, principat121 said:

(1) Priority Target

(2) Adrenalin Rush

(3) Super Intendent

(4) Concealment Expert

(4) Fire Prevention

And with 19 points your build could be like this:

Reveal hidden contents

77275433_MN-X-Republique(19).thumb.jpg.0a81292c480303651b5a4a584efa99c6.jpg

Thats all depends on what that player like to play- build.

FP and CE are more for tanky build but I think most (including me) prefer secondary guns build, and in that case to replace FP, CE and maybe even SI with Manual Fire Control, BFT + AFT. With 19 points you can add SI.

Republique have the longest range of secondarys of 12.6 km if I remember correct, so it would be wise to use it. DDs will run away from you.

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles
35 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

but I think most (including me) prefer secondary guns build

While I use the secondary build with my Alsace

Spoiler

1808567454_MN-9-Alsace(19).thumb.jpg.0d3a0e65d86e6ac5d7128546c164088c.jpg

and I totally understand the fun in this build, I do not think that the Republiqué with a secondary build is as viable as with the "normal" standard tank BB build.

A secondary build is usefull with the Alsace, because you have (a) a lot of guns and (b) these aren't very accurate. Investing in your main battery only results in somehow mediorce main armament at best. But by investing in your already good secondaries you gain a reasonable benefit to your ship.

This considerration is not true for the Republiqué. Here you have less guns, but they are accurate and have the best ingame AP-penetration. The main armament of the Republiqué is one of the direct strengths of this ship (beside the range and the speed). And you should always prefer buffing direct strengths of your ships.

But I do not want to argue someone out of a secondary build on the Republiqué (it is still fun). I just want to state, that I think this build is not as beneficial as the standard tank build.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,174 posts
6,741 battles

I would never give up CE, and tbh I think it's a bad idea.

AFT-CE-Manual Secondary if you want to spec into, but don't give up CE.

I know very very good player that use secondary build on République, but they really know what they are doing with it. It doesn't allows many error on your positioning.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

Standard BB builds these days are PT or PM, EM or AR if your turrets are fast, SI, CE then FP, BoS and AR if you don't already have it. Maybe JoAT if your turret rotation is acceptable.

BoS and FP make you pretty resistant to fire spam. Makes a hell of a difference when flags are stacked up too. OFC that doesn't stop IFHE cutting you up but that's what heal is for...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,455 posts
7,841 battles

With Republic I use hybrid Build(tank/secondary).

Primary target, Adrenaline Rush, Basics of Survivability(and stack all flags and modules to shorten fire-time), Concealment Expert

Then Advanced Firing training and Manual Secondaries

and finally Preventive Maintenance

Playstyle a bit longer range than Kurfurst, but can kite away with secondaries. Never close in on enemy Kurfurst for secondary brawl.

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles
7 hours ago, principat121 said:

Reveal hidden contents

1808567454_MN-9-Alsace(19).thumb.jpg.0d3a0e65d86e6ac5d7128546c164088c.jpg

I do not think that the Republiqué with a secondary build is as viable as with the "normal" standard tank BB build.

I heard from many players (some of them are quite nerds about this) oposite opinions.

If you dont play this ship like a yolo, you can do a lot with secondarys. No matter he have 2 turrets less then Alsace, they are bigger caliber just like on Kurfurst.

btw I have the same build on my Alsace.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles
13 hours ago, principat121 said:

(1) Priority Target

(2) Adrenalin Rush

(3) Super Intendent

(4) Concealment Expert

(4) Fire Prevention