Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

More clicking, yay!

23 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,217 posts
4,121 battles

Thank you WG.
Thank you for the generous opportunity to add some more clicking into your port interface.
Thank you for having me stretch my shooting-finger.
Thank your for the old-rusty-mouse technique (known best for it's popularity in the early web games of the late 20th century).

Did I say opportunity? I meant necessity.
Having all the daily rewards concentrated in one window? Nah! Warm up that shooting finger, we just can't have you missing all those salvos.
Possibility of collecting all the goodies with one button? You nuts, komrade? (crazy idea, just thought of a name: "collect all daily rewards" or "собирать все ежедневные награды" if you prefer).

Spoiler

image.png.ebabe1aa9b05ccb695e106f9ff8ddc49.png

P.S.: I know @Juanx will share my excitement over this feature, I have it on the best authority he also endorses click-rich environment.

• Cool 7

[TTT]
Players
3,909 posts
7,767 battles

amazing, isnt it, how WG keep finding ways to steadily make their port interface less and less clear and user friendly... I mean, at this point one would almost have to assume they'd have to be trying to do that... dumbest thing yet was the new division window, that no one that has ever played the game could ever even think for half a second was a good idea...

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,461 posts
5,818 battles
27 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Thank you WG.
Thank you for the generous opportunity to add some more clicking into your port interface.
Thank your for the old-rusty-mouse technique (known best for it's popularity in the early web games of the late 20th century).

Having all the daily rewards concentrated in one window? Nah! Warm up that shooting finger, we just can't have you missing all those salvos.
Possibility of collecting all the goodies with one button? You nuts, komrade? (crazy idea, just thought of a name: "collect all daily rewards" or "собирать все ежедневные награды" if you prefer).

Reveal hidden contents

P.S.: I know @Juanx will share my excitement over this feature, I have it on the best authority he also endorses click-rich environment.

I must say, you good sir, know what its all about.

Its a well known fact WG can not, for their love of all things gimmicky, make a port UI that is half way functional. How they decided to implement something else on top of it when it still borked as fornicating-under-kings-consent is anyones guess...

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,217 posts
4,121 battles
10 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Just get the **** out already, how many useless threads are you going to start?

Oh sorry, man! Did I damage this activity overflowing forum in some way? 
Or are you just cranky today?

By the way I appreciate the irony after your latest thread.

• Cool 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,391 posts
33 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Thank you WG.

Reveal hidden contents

Or.....save on the whining for no reason ...you can ignore it and 'it will be added to your account at the end of the day' .....  Reading properly is so overrated these days. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,217 posts
4,121 battles
1 minute ago, bushwacker001 said:

Or.....save on the whining for no reason ...you can ignore it and 'it will be added to your account at the end of the day' .....  Reading properly is so overrated these days. :Smile_sceptic:

What can I say, I'm known for my whine threads. Someone's gotta do the job.

• Cool 1

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
27 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Oh sorry, man! Did I damage this activity overflowing forum in some way? 
Or are you just cranky today?

By the way I appreciate the irony after your latest thread.

No irony in making a thread now and then rather than spamming the forum With whining threads about an xtra click or two to get free stuff … quite a huge difference actually

• Boring 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,113 battles

And I thought that Venom guy topics are funny but this. This one is smth different. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,586 posts
6,372 battles

Its a secret conspiricy by wargaming and big tech companies to sell more PC mouses...

I have to buy at leat once a year a new one because the sensor for the left button dies :etc_swear:

[SCRUB]
Players
5,436 posts
8,911 battles

Can't you just appreciate it? I mean, you're right - but I guess there's some logical explanation for why they chose to force the interaction on us.

Maybe some psychological stuff. Maybe so that the average guy actually notices that he got something for free and feels grateful.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
648 posts
10,171 battles
On 10/31/2018 at 9:08 PM, fallenkezef said:

People whining about getting stuff for free, love it.

Yeah, like those people complaining about receiving spam mails. Those mails are also for free.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:50 AM, aboomination said:

Can't you just appreciate it? I mean, you're right - but I guess there's some logical explanation for why they chose to force the interaction on us.

Maybe some psychological stuff. Maybe so that the average guy actually notices that he got something for free and feels grateful.

And WG knows what is best for us, so therefore we should just shut up?

No, this is valid customer feedback and WG should be glad to receive it (for free).

BTW, it seems you would get the goodies anyway without taking any action (and by your logic appreciation) at all.

Maybe I am just looking at the port UI in the wrong way. Maybe it is supposed to be some kind of mini game within WoWs. You can spend minutes just clicking around. Not to forget one of the newer features: the WG logo advertising there is something new to see if you just click this button when there is really nothing. Like with the divisions button.

Beta Tester
106 posts
387 battles

Watch out OP,  your left click will break from those two-three extra clicks.

The only actual valid complaint is that the UI is slower than a turtle, other than that, not really. It's pretty similar to a lot of other games out there in it's functions.

[REILU]
Beta Tester
24 posts
2,616 battles

Forgot to open first shipment yesterday. I guess it was a halloween pumpkin judging by the picture. 

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
2 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

Yeah, like those people complaining about receiving spam mails. Those mails are also for free.

Seriously ... you compare email spam possibly containing a virus with an xtra click or two to receive goodies in a video game?

Stop smoking your socks 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PMI]
Players
2,461 posts
5,818 battles

Just noticed: having the "open shipments on login" ticked serves no purpose, had to click to open the dang shipment.

Not surprising, just makes one think, if I knew this would be the result, how is it anyone expected anything different?

Thinking about it, it probably is the "special" UI we have being slow or non functional.

• Cool 1

Players
123 posts
4,238 battles

Irrespective relative whinyness, the amount of clicking for no reason good reason is infuriating.

In particular, I would preferably never have to click to open another container again, complete waste of time while you watch some tedious animation play while some random counters increment by various amounts. Particularly irritating when you have a batch of reward containers to open. 

Ideal situation would be:

• Default selection you want all your daily containers to be
  • Option to auto-open all containers in the background and add the items to your inventory

It's the sort of mindlessly stupid task I would script up in a moment in the workplace.

I did actually stop opening containers for a while, as the irritation of opening the ****ard things outweighed the benefits, but now I want the coal . . .

[PK11]
Beta Tester
648 posts
10,171 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, Ulvesnutepostei sagte:

Seriously ... you compare email spam possibly containing a virus with an xtra click or two to receive goodies in a video game?

Stop smoking your socks 

Sure. Both annoy me. And I did not ask for them.

The goodies make themselves rather big for not needing actually zero attention of mine. Because I will get them anyway, even if I don't do anything. So basically this whole thing clutters an already cluttered port UI even more, without me asking for it. Not every gift must be praised.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
628 posts
3,579 battles

If you live in a third world country I feel bad for you son,
I got first world problems but clicking daily shipment ain't one  

Sign in to follow this