Sign in to follow this  
Greyshark

SS in the game

10 comments in this topic

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,616 posts

They have finally arrived, long waited submarines! :Smile_Default: There are 5 of them in the game already: Barracuda, Seelöwe, Zipper Sub, Gerfalcon and Killer Whale. Are they based on any existing SS's? What are your bets, which nation will have their first subs branch?

I must say I really enjoy playing with them, I would like to see them in randoms as soon as possible!

• Bad 1

[WTFNO]
Players
84 posts

I really don't want subs in the game but to my surprise, they're not fun to play at all. The whole 'freediving' because it's so short, is silly, all the fires while submerged are arbitrary. Sure, the attacks are fun when/if they land but there's no advantage over doing that with a Destroyer which doesn't have to deal with clunky gameplay.

From me it's another resounding NO. I'll keep playing to get as much feedback as I can, of course.

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles

I actually enjoy the Submarine gameplay, specially the Zipper and Sealion, but bringing them to the normal game - Hell NO!

1. You need yet another total overhaul of Captain skills.

2. The already fragile balance of classes would be destroyed.

3. The game would become even more campier as it already is.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts
1 hour ago, AnEvilJoke said:

I actually enjoy the Submarine gameplay, specially the Zipper and Sealion, but bringing them to the normal game - Hell NO!

1. You need yet another total overhaul of Captain skills.

2. The already fragile balance of classes would be destroyed.

3. The game would become even more campier as it already is.

Just make CV able only to spot and sink Subs and subs only to sink CVs. Problem solved.  :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
22 posts
5,759 battles

Thank you so much WG for adding this !!!

I am loving it and cannot wait to see them ingame.

I´d rather wouldn´t mind scrapping carriers completely, in exchange.....

Weekend Tester
708 posts

Yeah subs are fun, and bring another element into the game play, of course  bb's that camp at the back  will not be happy at all, easy pickings for subs, unless they move up wi their support, instead of camping at the back, so expect a wee bit of negative feedback because of this.

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles

I enjoyed playing subs, great risk reward ratio. I found the Scenario not hard to go unnoticed and undamaged. Subs in Randombattles are a diffrent story only viable with fast torpedos on short range. In my opinion.the diffrent loadouts are hrm....

Players
177 posts
6,449 battles

I do not like submarines. I do not like CVs either, never played them and never will. I tried the subs though but I just confirmed my disgusts for them.

And I think I know why now. I do not like the extra dimension they add to the game.

What attracted me to this game initially was that feeling of two dimension battle. I can withstand the CVs because they were already in the game, but the subs will add another extra dimension (-Y axis let's call it). 

Just to give an example fighting on a normal ship to me feels like a paint ball fight, you do not expect attacks from below or above. 

Also how are you going to counteract them? With another random weapon like the AA on ships? 

Plus while trying to play them I found the C and F commands very unresponsive.

Sign in to follow this