Sign in to follow this  
imElitez

Grinding Yamato. Amagi or Izumo?

8 comments in this topic

[ZEN]
Players
113 posts
17,760 battles

Depends on your play-style. Personally, I am a big fan of Izumo.

I know a lot of people are not, and have difficulties with her, but this is one of my favourite ships because she just feels comfortable and powerful. 

I have Yamato, which is in a league of its own, but will never part with my Izumo :-) 

Use her as a forward-facing sledgehammer and you'll be surprised of the huge impact she can have on a battle's progress! 

Just be very aware of DD's sneaking up to you and make sure you don't show too much broadside towards other strong BB's. 

Amagi is, in my experience, also a good BB. What I particularly like about her is the raw firepower and the sheer amount of guns. 

Either way, you can't go wrong with one or both of these BB's in your fleet, they are both really good ships. 

Enjoy! 

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
Players
113 posts
17,760 battles

@ColonelPete indeed, the numbers can never be as important as the pure enjoyment and fun in the game, I could not agree more :Smile_Default:

Izumo, for me, is one of those unique ships that somehow manages to make me smile almost every time I take her into battle! 

The way she handles, feels, looks and sounds... an impressive all-round powerhouse which, when handled right, can really help tip the balance between two sides. 

• Cool 1

Players
20 posts
2,382 battles

Hey guys. Thanks for the reply. Since ive returned to the game after 2y of break ive decided not to get Izumo now and save the exp until i get more experience with BB. :) I fully equipped Amagi so it becomes Elite and will spend 1 week on it :)

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles

Amagi is much better. Izumo for me was a painful grind towards Yamato. Literally I skipped her after like dozen of battles. 

[BGNAV]
Players
135 posts
5,412 battles
On 10/31/2018 at 1:51 PM, _DeathWing_ said:

Izumo for me was a painful grind towards Yamato.

Yeah but when was that? You know Izumo has had some love recently, right?

When I played them, I didn't like Amagi. I've seen people do really well with this ship consistently, so I suppose it was my fault. For me it felt that this ship has each turret's guns pointing away from the target. I did huge hits up close, but at mid range I was constantly hitting the water all around my target. Other than that, the ship was good - fast, reasonably maneuverable, good concealment, hard hitting guns (when they do hit).

Izumo was a very fun ship for me. It almost always hit exactly where I aimed, the ship was really tough overall... The drawbacks were only that it can be seen from the moon, was vulnerable to HE spam and is kinda sluggish. Now I believe the armor was buffed to reduce HE damage taken.

Yamato for me is a mixed bag. Guns are accurate, shells hit really hard most of the time, but the drawbacks are also not small - there is a large weakspot on the sides of the 1st turret, the citadel sits really high, guns tend to over-penetrate lightly armored targets and turret traverse is really slow (the latter is also valid for the previous two). I think every BB captain should have a Yamato in their port, but it is definitely not my favorite BB. This in fact is the T10 ship that I played the most, but that was just to try to get the hang of the guns as I tend to score more hits in Monty than Yama for some reason.

Yama makes me remember a funny story. One time when we were preparing for clan battles, our commander picked Yamato. We were laughing at him as Montana is clearly the better cruiser killer and is more suitable for CB. He replied: "True, but Yamato is the better Monty killer" :cap_cool: The very same game he nearly murdered the enemy Montana in one salvo and this ended up winning the game for us.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles
32 minutes ago, almitov said:

Yeah but when was that? You know Izumo has had some love recently, right?

I know. However won't make me to try her again.

Sign in to follow this