You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pulpgamer_zd

In game economy

67 comments in this topic

Players
49 posts
4,916 battles

Hi people

I'm playing this game since it has been released. This time is enough for a player like me to build his way up to T10 in all tech trees. However I couldn't manage to do that...

I couldn't buy ships because I'm always low on credits. I just can't handle it. I know the game but feel me this is really sad for me. Highest tier ship that I could effort to buy was T9 USN DD Fletcher. I always had to sell ships to buy a new one. It's really hard to earn credits and one day I sold it too... I don't know you but not playing a T10 ship after being part of this game for 3 years just make me sad... If you're in a situation like me then you should know that all credits you made in straith 10 victory can be gone after a 2 unfortunate match... I don't know what to do. I love this game but I'm condisering leaving it beacause the situation is always same. If you have a solution for this I'm here to apply but please don't mention about premium ships.. I would buy at least one of them already, if I could be able to effort them however because of exchange difference between Euro and TRY it's impossible, it was always like this...

with my regards to you all

pulpgamer

Players
1,807 posts
10,111 battles

Well, unless you get a premium ship or account, the only way to be sustainable for you is to play mid tier games and earn credits to play higher tier games. 

Since you are unable to get a premium ship or account, it may be better for you to decide on 1 line where you really wanna play and grind that line till tier 10. Then play mid tier for the other lines to earn the credit to support that one line's progress.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,695 posts
7,352 battles

What you are experiencing is not an accident or a mistake by the designers. The game is specifically designed to make it tough on players to progress to high tier and sustain that game experience if playing a standard account.  The reason is WG want to sell you premium time and premium ships, which I'm sure you know. That is how WG make money and is how the game even exists.  Life is very easy with either or both.

Your only real alternative is to play a lot of mid-tier games in ships which make a lot of silver.  And when I say a lot of games I mean hundreds or thousands.This also helps WG because all those players trying to earn the silver to keep their accounts healthily" in the black" keep the mid tiers populated.

The other thing of course is the freebies.  I don't know whether you've been diligently playing out the Royal Navy missions.  By the time they are finished m any players will have enough Guineas to buy a tier VIII destroyer Cossack for quite literally a couple of Euros.

One other thing I'll add is that I don't find Tier X all that fun to play.  I'd rather stick to mid tiers because my favourite ships are there.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
37 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

One other thing I'll add is that I don't find Tier X all that fun to play.  I'd rather stick to mid tiers because my favourite ships are there.

Yes... T10 is campy and more often than not ships of pure fantasy. 

Most mid tier stuff existed so is cooler for the fans of historical ships...

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,128 posts
10,927 battles
59 minutes ago, pulpgamer_zd said:

Hi people

I'm playing this game since it has been released. This time is enough for a player like me to build his way up to T10 in all tech trees. However I couldn't manage to do that...

I couldn't buy ships because I'm always low on credits. I just can't handle it. I know the game but feel me this is really sad for me. Highest tier ship that I could effort to buy was T9 USN DD Fletcher. I always had to sell ships to buy a new one. It's really hard to earn credits and one day I sold it too... I don't know you but not playing a T10 ship after being part of this game for 3 years just make me sad... If you're in a situation like me then you should know that all credits you made in straith 10 victory can be gone after a 2 unfortunate match... I don't know what to do. I love this game but I'm condisering leaving it beacause the situation is always same. If you have a solution for this I'm here to apply but please don't mention about premium ships.. I would buy at least one of them already, if I could be able to effort them however because of exchange difference between Euro and TRY it's impossible, it was always like this...

pulpgamer

Your situation seems... strange, to say the least. Your results don't seem that bad, you're playing PvP and you're not playing tX exclusively - frankly, I'm baffled. Things that come to mind, however:

1. Re-think your premium consumable choices. Perhaps you don't need all of them to be premium, especially when playing lower tier? I don't know for sure if you're running all-premium but frankly - splurging on every consumable to be premium is basically the only way I can imagine to actually end up having problems with breaking even with your stats at t8 and below.

2. Do play lower tier. Not in the sense "low tier good for money" since you literally don't play t10 and t9 right now, more like "maxed out t6-8 ships good for money". Just because you grinded a ship to the elite status doesn't mean that you should let the thing rust in port or get rid of it - if you have fun playing a ship, keep playing that ship (that way you play a ship you like and earn credits with nothing to spend them since you're not researching anything new by playing the ship in question). Although there's little purpose in going below t5 - especially if you want any consumables premium, because the earnings scale with tier and consumable cost doesn't.

3. Assuming that you don't want to spend real money (and assuming your Aigle doesn't suit you), consider buying a free-XP or coal premium ship for the purpose of earning money with it (although considering your problems, I'm inclined to suppose that you made the unfortunate choice of blowing your hard-earned freeXP on moving through tiers faster - so you might be lacking resources for such purchase atm).

Beyond that, it's hard to say what you should be doing. Basically, on the tiers you are normally playing (up to t8) it's normally quite rare to lose money, even on a defeat. Your problems are normally reserved for people who stick exclusively to t9+ play and/or who try to research a lot of things as fast as possible...

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,325 posts
11,028 battles
2 hours ago, pulpgamer_zd said:

Hi people

pulpgamer

You should have learned how the ingame economy works. 

You should have some free mid Tier premiums and you should have kept some mid Tier silver ships you like. Play them! Make credits!

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[NWP]
Players
1,836 posts
12,445 battles
On 10/31/2018 at 6:54 AM, ColonelPete said:

You should have learned how the ingame economy works. 

You should have some free mid Tier premiums and you should have kept some mid Tier silver ships you like. Play them! Make credits!

*edited*

@OP read the previous posts (other than this saldy dude I quoted). They contain good information and should help you gain credits.

Edited by Nathalie_23
Off topic
  • Cool 10
  • Boring 1

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,138 battles

@pulpgamer_zd Your performance is definitely above average, and everyday I see so much worse in Randoms, thinking how the hell can they afford to play tier 10. 

There is no concrete answer, other than your low damage and kill numbers. Kills are what reward the most credits if I am not mistaken, 2nd being the damage. 

Try being a little bit more proactive throughout the match? Bit more aggressive perhaps?

Also, there could be issues with your setup of the ship, you probably run all of the premium consumables all at once, which is a tad expensive without premium. 

Try removing some, the ones you find the least useful. 

Also, since you are a trying type of a player as far as I can tell by your numbers, and not one of those border-lickers, I am sending you a gift. Check your email. 

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,190 posts
5,506 battles
3 hours ago, pulpgamer_zd said:

Hi people

pulpgamer

Hey there OP,

I am another TRY / EURO victim here so I get you :)

But first of all, premium ships are not the only solution to your problem.

and before I dive in, I need to say, you have around 3K battles, and no.. with that amount of battles, you cannot have 21 tier X ships.

Impossible...

We have the same amount of battles roughly, and I have only 5 tier Xs.

Anyway, premium acc is a really good solution for your credit problems. CB is another,

I am printing credits in my DeGrasse (yeah I know, premium) in last 2 days CB sessions.

roughly 1mil credits per win.. not bad..

Anyway, as a lot of people mentioned, this economy is working as intended.

you either,

• Pay money to WG to stay at high tiers, or
  • If you wanna stay a freebie, you go back to tiers 5 - 6 and collect some credits.

2 - 3 games in tier 5 - 6 will give you enough credits to run for 1 game in tier 10

One more solution,

you can grind coal, collect it, buy musashi and print credits with it..

a session with musashi around 10 game, will net you 3 to 6 million credits If you play average!

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
2,665 posts
9,579 battles

Playing ops is also a possibility. Keeping a T6 ships (better 2-3 to alternate without needing to spend 75 k) and earning creds there is definitely a possibility. T6 because the majority of ops are 6. 2 out of 3 T7 ops are ballz. The DD ops is well ..... for DDs but for more than one tier. T8 cruiser ops is very profitable if you get constantly 5 stars.

Ops is also a good way to train up commanders. Take Leander - it doesnt particularly need ANY skill. Ofc they help, but you could train a 10 pts carrier captain up in Leander if you would like!

Before ops I was playing co-op a lot. (I still do sometimes because the potatoes also infest ops).

T1 co-op is very profitable: No premium consumables, no repair cost, back then minimal ammo cost = easy 30k profit. Otherwise T5 co-op can also be profitable. If you have some low tier premium ships you can also bring them to co-op: I played a lot of Emden for example. Even Crapeltown could be worth a shot. Except Mikasa. I dont think that thing is suited ........

But the key to this game is the p2w. Credits are superficial. You can always get credits. Bigger problem is when people earn ~ 60 k commander XP on top of op premium ships themselves while you are stuck around 2-3k. The day as a matter of fact simply doesnt have enough hours to just play more and get anywhere near somebody earning 30x as much; if he playes just 1 hour ........ well do the math.

• Cool 1

Players
734 posts
8,112 battles
3 hours ago, pulpgamer_zd said:

I couldn't buy ships because I'm always low on credits. I just can't handle it.

You will not make enough credits playing top-tiers to purchase top-tier ships.

My advice, as a player who also do not use premium account daily, would be.

1. Play PTS ( Public test server). In there, it is often fairly easy to get a day of Premium account on your "Live" user ( plus some good signals). You can activate that and use it to accumulate credits.

2. Do not spend Free-XP on tech-tree ships. Try do stack Free-XP and get a "Free" Tier.9 Free-XP ship. (If you do not know how to stack Free-XP, there are alot of guides). For you, as a Cruiser player, Kronsthat ( or up-coming Alaska) would work great. You can then use it do grind credits, it is a good credit maker.

3. There are certain signals, that help credit grind. Try do keep them and mount them only on your best ships, when Premium accound that you got from PTS is Active.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
638 posts
11,954 battles

Pretty much what other people said. If I may add, have you sold all the excess stuff from the inventory? A hulls and stock modules for example? 

• Cool 2

[PK11]
Beta Tester
652 posts
10,206 battles

It might be too obvious but: If you get your daily containers chose the ones with credits.

On 10/31/2018 at 7:06 AM, ColonelPete said:

You are too sensitive. That was no attack....

I also perceived your reply as inappropriately offensive.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[JRM]
Players
1,073 posts
14,149 battles

Freexp premium such as musashi, nelson or kronstadt and some 20+ income flags in combo with -10% repair cost for all high tier ships should make it quite bearable i have a lot of prems and prem access but i didnt always have them and remember it well even now i m low on creds since i buy and sell ships all the time

[HOME]
Players
783 posts
7,636 battles

*edited*

@pulpgamer_zd: you dont have that many games so dont worry about it too much. Youve been playing the game for 3 years there should be somemid tier premiums you could have earned so play those. Aigle is decent for that purpose. Also as a reward for one of the campaigns you get a premium t6 DD the Shinonome which also nice... 

Whats the exchange rate for TRY to EUR?  I had no idea it was that bad.. 

Edited by Nathalie_23
Off topic

[FILO]
Players
6 posts
4,331 battles

I agree, the in-game economy is very harsh.

Even with premium account I find it impossible to naturally progress through higher tiers. From a gameplay perspective I'd find it much better if one could earn enough money to buy the next higher tier once the current one is maxed out. This works in lower tiers, but starting with T8 this changes. Without earning additional silver in lower tier or premium ships I find it impossible to progress. I don't like to think of playing this game without premium. :cap_wander_2:

I recommend putting in the time to earn at least one premium ship with the events placed throughout the year. That should help with the grind. Christmas is coming up, there's most likely the option to earn a premium. Last year's Duke of York is a decent ship. When pressed for credits I find myself picking the premium consumable containers instead of the credit ones. The consumables allow you to live longer and be more  effective in the game, resulting in more credits earned.

[WGB]
Players
2,060 posts
25,997 battles

@pulpgamer_zd As other forumites have mentioned, play only mid tiers until your creds have built up to 5-10 mil. I see that your skills in the Konigsberg is pretty good, a ship that takes very little in costs after a battle, also a ship that can be used in nearly every mission that gains you more credits.

Good Luck Bro, Don't give up on the game. :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[BOATY]
Players
634 posts
8,981 battles

Well, in general posts above gives nice clue. 

I will just add one:

For last 3 years a lot of permanent camos were given to various t6-t10 ships. Go to your inventory and check them. If you find one for ship you enjoy re-buy it and have some fun. 

[GOT]
[GOT]
Players
52 posts
4,679 battles

Before we had coal and steel you would also sometimes get some doubloons, from those I got premium camo on Gearing. So sadly that is unlikely now (you sometimes can still get some, but not nearly as much as in the past). However free premium camos still are a thing (quite some of my tier 8s have them). For example when I finally get there my worchester will have premium camo  too (how could I have known that Seattle is piece of crap). Then I got a Musashi with my coal, which is cheap way to have a tier 9 BB. But you can also get a Salem, which is close enough to DM and alot cheaper to play. Free XP ships are also a good option obviously to get 'free' premium ships.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,407 posts
6,207 battles

There is some good advice here.

Few more that also spring to mind:

• Go through your Inventory and sell modules you do not need. This can often provide a lot of cash.
  • At the same time, check out your camo and flag inventory. While most of them provide bonuses geared more to XP, there are Creditmakers as well.
  • Keep an eye out for the missions. They often produce flags etc. - anything to help you grind.
  • Do not rush through tiers, save up FXP/coal for some mid tiers.
  • Evaluate the use of Premium consumables. You may not need to run all of them at full tilt.
  • Jump into the next Ranked Sprint season - Tier V is a good place to earn credits, esp. as there are extra rewards in the Ranked setup (plus it is fun, but that may be just me). Got nice credit income with Minekaze and Nicholas.
  • Go through Campaigns and take up the tasks. Again, they often produce nice rewards to help you grind, and on the end of one there is even a Premium ship.
  • Try to get all Operations to five stars. Could not hurt :Smile_coin:

All in all, the high tier economy is meant to be harsh. But not so harsh as to prevent a determined player from surviving there even for free :fish_viking:

• Cool 3

[ONE2]
Players
2,495 posts
14,552 battles

hey @pulpgamer_zdHmmm.... Just take it slower perhaps? I don't know what you're doing exactly but you must be doing something wrong there. :cap_hmm:

I already have nearly all the ships I wanted and even some I did not and:

image.png.01d19da3780ed1b7486842103bce16d7.png

I suffer from too much Credits. You don't need to have all the tier 10's immediately, you know - So just grind slower and you should be fine.:Smile_Default:

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,190 posts
5,506 battles
1 hour ago, Tuccy said:

But not so harsh as to prevent a determined player from surviving there even for free 

you really believe that @Tuccy?

Do you really think,

A free player,

without,

Prem Acc,

Prem camo

can survive in tier X, without going back for some mid tiers? or some prem ships, or some mid tier operations/ranked/Co-op?

I believe, the high tier economy, excatly created to prevent the survival of a complete F2P player..

Either you pay us? or go populate the mid tiers in some mods..

Don't get me wrong, I am completely ok with that..

• Cool 3

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,407 posts
6,207 battles
8 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

you really believe that @Tuccy?

Do you really think,

A free player,

without,

Prem Acc,

Prem camo

can survive in tier X, without going back for some mid tiers? or some prem ships, or some mid tier operations/ranked/Co-op?

I believe, the high tier economy, excatly created to prevent the survival of a complete F2P player..

Either you pay us? or go populate the mid tiers in some mods..

Don't get me wrong, I am completely ok with that..

That is not what I wrote though. Surviving there for free includes credit grind at mid tiers - see the points I made in that post :fish_book: Surviving on that level vs. thriving there :Smile_hiding:

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

• Cool 2