You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
smokem

Gameplay is now a joke

147 comments in this topic

[BLAST]
Players
43 posts
9,774 battles

In the last few months this game has become so poor its not funny any more.

There are so many players with high tier ships that do not know how to play, its become impossible to play.

Most games half of the team is dead after 5 minutes and you loose with zero points cause they all yolo and died.

Its a joke.

I'm not the greatest of players but i think i have a slightest inclining of how to play the game,

but you cant even start to position yourself because half your team is dead or completely out of position.

Then you get abuse because your not supporting the yolos in their suicide moves.

The game will end up down the pan.

Disappointing yours

playing since beta.

• Cool 14
  • Boring 2

[-MM]
Players
450 posts
8,595 battles

Yea the game is really not fun at the moment, especially for solo players. So many matches die right early on because of poor positioning, yoloing destroyers and players not understanding their roles. It's just sad.

For the moment I stick mostly to Co-op, collecting RN missions and I wait for the BB AP change and the CV rework to hit, maybe things are getting better then...:cap_old: Wallet stays closed, Steam winter sale is not far away.:cat_paw:

• Cool 8

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,094 battles

While the general state of the community was always appalling in terms of their knowledge (or behavior...), there's definitely an influx of one-sided games.

We began counting actual decent, well-paced, fun and balanced games out of curiosity, they are very few. Most of the times it is just a landslide for one of the teams.

• Cool 8

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles
12 minutes ago, ZoidFile said:

For the moment I stick mostly to Co-op,

Somehow feels like a trend here. Been playing mostly Coop/Operations aswell, to keep the missions going. And Coop feels like a walk in the park, 5 mins game done, everyone has 300 XP and Bots die like flies left and right.

Compared to earlier where you actually had to carry coop games. And a lot of familiar Unicum clan tags aswell :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
3,711 posts
5,988 battles
5 minutes ago, OttoZander said:

While the general state of the community was always appalling in terms of their knowledge (or behavior...), there's definitely an influx of one-sided games.

We began counting actual decent, well-paced, fun and balanced games out of curiosity, they are very few. Most of the times it is just a landslide for one of the teams. 

Cant help but ... agree with you and the others. And when I read this:

14 minutes ago, ZoidFile said:

For the moment I stick mostly to Co-op

I have to say - im doing the same for the last weeks. coop + operations + ranked was the only stuff I played. In our clan it looks 100% the same. So if I conclude, that some/many decent players lower their numbers players in random games, that does mean one thing: gameplay gets even worse, since the part of decent players gets lower by the day...

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,094 battles
21 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I have to say - im doing the same for the last weeks. coop + operations + ranked was the only stuff I played. In our clan it looks 100% the same. So if I conclude, that some/many decent players lower their numbers players in random games, that does mean one thing: gameplay gets even worse, since the part of decent players gets lower by the day...

We still rock about in Randoms daily. But it is becoming stat-padding, nothing more. 

And when some of these Champions of Random Battles get their butts handed to them, a charade of accusations and insults ensues. 

I did offer to sell my hacks to them if only they wished for them, but...

• Funny 2

Players
2,555 posts
6,916 battles
12 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Cant help but ... agree with you and the others. And when I read this:

I've been playing ops and coop mostly the last week or 2 (especially last week). I'm a bit burned out on randoms and I ...just can't bother with ranked anymore.

I ended up with something like 850 steel? That brings me nowhere near a ship or anything otherwise useful :Smile_sceptic:

I really like Sunray ops, the normal mode seems like really balanced to me. I really need to work my *** off in order to get things done, due to the overall lack of quality teammates.

It wasn't uncommon for me to experience to see the post-battle results in which I potatoed and died before the first tower even got attacked...and I still was 1st place?!? :Smile_amazed:

lol :Smile_trollface:

But it was fewer stars and lower base xp overall. And most importantly, having sorry teammates doesn't make my battle totally futile, if I work hard I can still accomplish something and will still get rewarded for my efforts (and my potatoing teammates often end up with wayyy less base xp...as they deserved). It's much better then having DEFEAT! and 300 xp even with xp boosters :Smile-_tongue:

Randoms...I'm not liking how WG is approaching high tier gameplay atm and their plans for the near future.

I could go on for a more lengty while but I kinda want to disengage action stations and start moving towards my bunks :fish_sleep:

• Cool 1

Players
98 posts

*edited* one decent team in 30 games, totally unfun, totally  boring, max frustation.  definitively uninstall soon. first two years - ok. last year - total disaster. in t10 game with 45% wr you are super unicum!

p.s.

co op?! bad joke

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,236 posts
11,725 battles

I've barely played recently.

In fact I've played so little I won't be able to get Cossack for any sort of significant discount.

Still got Republique, Daring and Haru to grind out but I've really lost all steam or effort.

Similar issues to OP but WG will never change their MM ways.

No real point complaining. I enjoy myself more in WoT recently as games are shorter. Less of the whole 20 mins wasted as your team simply goes border hugging or actively sails away from contested zones. 

Also looks bad if we get salty about it. Just don't play if the game isn't enjoyable.

The thing I'm wondering is will I even care enough to pull the trigger on Vanguard or will I just chill and do something else...

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
15,239 posts
11,004 battles
4 hours ago, smokem said:

There are so many players with high tier ships that do not know how to play, its become impossible to play.

Most games half of the team is dead after 5 minutes and you loose with zero points cause they all yolo and died.

Its a joke.

I'm not the greatest of players but i think i have a slightest inclining of how to play the game,

but you cant even start to position yourself because half your team is dead or completely out of position.

Then you get abuse because your not supporting the yolos in their suicide moves.

Disappointing yours

playing since beta.

If the other players got worse, it should get easier for you. Unless you claim they are always on your side :fish_palm:

Btw, you can leave out the Doomnote at the end. People are writing thaf for over three years....

Beta Tester
106 posts
387 battles

The game has gotten more popular, which obviously means more players, that also leads to more players that most people would refer to as window lickers. They exist for the sole purpose of taking up space in the queue. There is not much difference between this and every other online game out there. While the number of window lickers is increasing, those people are on both team, not just yours.  The only thing that does is make it even easier for those that know how to play to perform well.

If you no longer enjoy the game, simply stop playing. There is no reasonable purpose in continuing an activity that you do not enjoy nor does it help you in any way.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
1,241 posts
15,353 battles
5 hours ago, smokem said:

its become impossible to play

You don't say

[PNAVY]
Players
19 posts
6,139 battles

I also think the game is less enjoyable to play lately, it's been like that for months actually. Good games can still be had but they become very rare.

• Cool 3

Players
133 posts
8,484 battles

Good, you all just leave, so I can sealclub at TX. As they say ignorance is bliss, do not check stats of other people - problem solved.

On more serious note, we have to be playing two different games, but I would like to see some stats of how many games is 12-0, 12-1 etc. in comparison to previous years. My personal feeling is that it did not change, just people whine more about it.

• Cool 2

[BGBRD]
Players
271 posts
9,247 battles
5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

And a lot of familiar Unicum clan tags aswell :Smile_teethhappy:

Stage 4 of the Legendary modules mission... those 15 wins are as walk in the park in co-op.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Players
512 posts
20,969 battles

Play a tier 10 CV division, problem solved. You get moaned at for it but you'll win more. Provided your cv is good. 

[MORIA]
[MORIA]
Players
95 posts
9 hours ago, smokem said:

Its a joke.

Disappointing yours

playing since beta.

4390143.jpg

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
[OCTO]
Players
82 posts
6,014 battles

maybe some folk can't stand camping behind the rock for too long and in all the camping/long range snipe meta going out and close looks like yolo

Beta Tester
724 posts
10,909 battles
9 hours ago, ZoidFile said:

I wait for the BB AP change and the CV rework to hit, maybe things are getting better then

It sure will, when more dedicated players will leave for good and new mongrels taking their place becomes questionable as well.

Players
1,038 posts
8,541 battles

Most of the schools are on holiday so there is a greater influx of children... My last game in GK reminded me of a school playground fight.... and the all chat was so childish I doubt there were more than 4 adult players in the whole game...

I think I will be going to try games with the Bots for randoms are a nightmare...

• Funny 1

[OSC]
Players
2,735 posts
10,303 battles

What did you expect.
For last 2 years WG is trying to remove any sliver of skill required in the game so cater for the masses of zombies "playing for fun" so bunch of actually skilled players just said f it, and stopped playing.
And now you have this... mess... or whatever you want to call it.
Bunch of people having 0 idea how to play the game, and if you stick 4-5 players with actual working brain in one team, game ends in 5 minutes.

Mainly the reason I'm playing like 10 games a week, as opposed to 10 games a day I've played before.

And I'm not alone. Half of my clan is barely active, or not active at all.

• Cool 4

Players
1,038 posts
8,541 battles
25 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

What did you expect.
For last 2 years WG is trying to remove any sliver of skill required in the game so cater for the masses of zombies "playing for fun" so bunch of actually skilled players just said f it, and stopped playing.
And now you have this... mess... or whatever you want to call it.
Bunch of people having 0 idea how to play the game, and if you stick 4-5 players with actual working brain in one team, game ends in 5 minutes.

Mainly the reason I'm playing like 10 games a week, as opposed to 10 games a day I've played before.

And I'm not alone. Half of my clan is barely active, or not active at all.

I have to agree it's been that bad lately I have played less than 10 games myself since Friday.. tried 2 random games this morning and they were an absolute joke... so I think it is co-op for me for a while.