Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
cherry2blost

FPS Drops in last few days

29 comments in this topic

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,679 posts
15,787 battles

Hi, just a question, I and several of my clan mates have been having issues with frame rates dropping in game. I usually have to lock my FPS to 60 to prevent tearing but since the weekend have been suffering with drops as low as 30 FPS while playing.

Now before the usual gitgud merchants come along I have done the following....

1) Updated Nvidia drivers to latest - No help

2) Rolled back to a driver I know worked fine - No help

3) Installed latest Ryzen chipset drivers - No Help

4) Uninstalled game, clean windows registry and re installed client (WoWs) - No help

5) Lowered in game graphics settings... seems to make it worse perversely - No help

6)Set Nvidia to High Performance  - No help

7) Set windows power settings to High performance - No help

Seems there is an issue here affecting at least the two of us running Ryzen + Nvidia GFX

Oh and BTW my Potato PC is as follows

Ryzen 7 1700 @3.9 Ghtz all cores

16 Gb DDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1070Ti @ 2ghtz boost

Samsung PM 981 NVME SSD

All was fine the several days ago suddenly it's not now..... Devs any help maybe?

Cherry

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,235 posts
6,537 battles

It's werid if different people have the same issue at the same time, but I would try to set on/off different setting like anti-aliasing and stuff

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,679 posts
15,787 battles
1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

It's werid if different people have the same issue at the same time, but I would try to set on/off different setting like anti-aliasing and stuff

Thanks bud, but we tried all that and to be honest, for me anyway, dropping the quality settings actually made it worse, two of us in Div one on Ryzen 2600 and GTX 1060, one on Ryzen 7 1700 and GTX 1070 Ti.... it changed a couple of days ago for both of us... 

Players
240 posts
5,638 battles

two of the guys in our clan have been having the same issues - inexplicable drop in framerate to around 28-30FPS.

gone through everything such as drivers, mods, verifying files, reboots... no rhyme or reason to it afawct

meanwhile, I've not had any issues at all... will ask them to post drivers etc 

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles

As one of the people referred to in this thread I can say that all was fine when I stopped playing last Friday, I was locked at 60FPS with V-Sync. I didn't play at all over the weekend and, in fact, as I was partying Saturday night, I barely touched my PC at all. Fired up WoWS last night (Monday) and the game was struggling at 30 FPS. I stuck with it thinking it was somehow temporary but having tried it again today there is no difference.

Have tried lowering pretty much every available setting in game with no change whatsoever.

Updated video drivers - no change.

Players
240 posts
5,638 battles

Update - one of our guys got a response from Support and it is, apparently, a server-side issue. 

(not saying that makes sense but...)

• Cool 1

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles
3 minutes ago, antenociti said:

Update - one of our guys got a response from Support and it is, apparently, a server-side issue. 

(not saying that makes sense but...)

Thanks for this.

I guess I will just put up with it until they get it sorted.

Of course, knowing WG, we will probably all be gaming on quantum computers by then but hey....

[RBMF]
286 posts
6,478 battles

Not the first time something like this has happened, but things do...

Pretty obvious it is a game fault when a reasonably large number of people are having the same issue on different systems at the same time with no fixes. Then again I recall relatively bad support with ryzen systems running nvidia GPUs, though I would have believe those problems gone by now.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles
2 hours ago, CptMinia said:

Not the first time something like this has happened, but things do...

Pretty obvious it is a game fault when a reasonably large number of people are having the same issue on different systems at the same time with no fixes. Then again I recall relatively bad support with ryzen systems running nvidia GPUs, though I would have believe those problems gone by now.

As I said, it was fine last week, this is a very recent issue.

Played ranked tonight with a solid 60 FPS, went back to randoms and I am down to 30 FPS again.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
652 posts
10,223 battles

I had fps issues, too. Playing on a laptop with Intel CPU and nVidia graphic chip. No Ryzen involved. I lowered in game graphic settings and switch off Windows Defender as the fps drops happened on occassion but not constantly; so I thought it might be a background task on my computer. It got somewhat better.

[AVRDM]
Players
1,434 posts
6,693 battles

The falls at 30 fps since the last patch are common and without apparent sense. I've always played with everything to the maximum and 60 fps, now I do not know what the [edited]is going on.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,679 posts
15,787 battles

Back again tonight and game is borderline unplayable, methinks WG needs to re imburse the lost Premium time for those of us suffering, am currently paying for a product I either cannot play, or one that plays so badly as to make it not worthwhile.... any Dev/Mods wanna send that message up the grapevine?

Players
3,878 posts
6,022 battles

Guys, I had the same thing. Every round I start, im exactly at 20 fps. Then I tabbed back to the desktop, back to the game - low fps fixed. Did this every time now and worked every time. Sounds weird? I know.

[BAD-A]
Players
55 posts
8,262 battles

Up till this week ive experienced wild FPS rate swings between an extreme low of 60 and extreme high of 61. Now over the last few days its been stable between 45 and 55.

[MAGMA]
Beta Tester
10 posts
18,089 battles

The same here.
One interesting thing: Every time I start a match, my FPS is a maximum of (75 fps) until the countdown ends. Then it drops to 65 fps. In the midst of action, the fps falls below 40.

I have the problem since last weekend.

[RBMF]
286 posts
6,478 battles

Was playing a bit of halloween mode last night and it was fine, then I switched to random later on and noticed my fps dropped from about 120-140fps to 60-70 or so. Not great really... 

Beta Tester
1,022 posts
3,777 battles

I'm having exactly the same issue. Normally the game runs on 76fps for me, now I cant get higher than 40 even when lowering all settings to potat Russian computer specs. 

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
640 posts
3,670 battles

I only witnessed some drops in FPS whilst playing. It would drop to 18-24fps or something for a mere few seconds and goes up again. I also have a lag spike when a ship gets killed and explodes. It literally freezes my game for a second.

I have a potato PC so my FPS is always around 30-35 on high settings

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
211 posts
2,847 battles

Got the same too. Was ok Mon/Tue, didn't play again until today and I'm getting seemingly random fps drops

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,380 battles
On 10/31/2018 at 12:28 AM, cherry2blost said:

Oh and BTW my Potato PC is as follows

Ryzen 7 1700 @3.9 Ghtz all cores

16 Gb DDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1070Ti @ 2ghtz boost

Samsung PM 981 NVME SSD

It is odd that you have similar PC parts to my pc but mostly OCed them (w/ watercooler maybe?).

I have Ryzen 7 1700x (in 3.5ghtz)

(Same Ram)

Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8gb

Samsung 860 EVO  SSD

Still, I get nice solid 60+ fps 

Do you have SLI on?

Are temperatures fine? 

Players
1,065 posts
8,541 battles

Anyone thought of rebooting their modem to see if an update is due?

Anyone checked to see if their ISP is working on their exchanges?

Anyone thought that they may be in an area that has high demand at certain times of day?

Anyone using wireless connections thought about using a cable?

Anyone living in areas where the population is increasing which will ultimately increase the demands on the internet?

Has anyone thought to check their output cables from their graphics cards to see if they need replacing or refitting?

Anyone checked the drivers or performance of their monitors?

I did notice, when the servers kept crashing out recently, that FPS did drop but since the crashes have stopped my FPS went back to normal.

[-RDE-]
Players
92 posts
12,369 battles

i've got the same problem, but my ultra wide has g-sync so no tearing but normally i'm at high 60s low 70s but with drops to about 30 too.. the other week it was stuck at 5fps for a whole day. next day was fine..lol.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,679 posts
15,787 battles
9 hours ago, Admiral_Noif said:

It is odd that you have similar PC parts to my pc but mostly OCed them (w/ watercooler maybe?).

I have Ryzen 7 1700x (in 3.5ghtz)

(Same Ram)

Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8gb

Samsung 860 EVO  SSD

Still, I get nice solid 60+ fps 

Do you have SLI on?

Are temperatures fine? 

Yes all water cooled CPU temps mid 50's. GPU Temps mid 60's

Run heaven benchmark @ 3440 x 1440 Ultra 8 x AA and get 48 FPS drop to 2 x AA and steady 62, run 1080p getting 100 to 110 so it must be this game and this game only.

Just replaced Primary NVME SSD to 970 EVO with the old NVME PM961 as secondary... still no change

Also have adjusted OC on 1070Ti to 2100 and 4500 gained another 2 FPS overall.

Funniest thing is that when you reduce in game settings it gets worse, the FPS at countdown is 75, drops to 30's as soon as game starts, then as ships are destroyed the FPS gradually creeps up and when only 5 or 6 left its back at 58 to 65.... has to be a coding issue.

6 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Anyone thought of rebooting their modem to see if an update is due?

Anyone checked to see if their ISP is working on their exchanges?

Anyone thought that they may be in an area that has high demand at certain times of day?

Anyone using wireless connections thought about using a cable?

Anyone living in areas where the population is increasing which will ultimately increase the demands on the internet?

Has anyone thought to check their output cables from their graphics cards to see if they need replacing or refitting?

Anyone checked the drivers or performance of their monitors?

I did notice, when the servers kept crashing out recently, that FPS did drop but since the crashes have stopped my FPS went back to normal.

Hey sorry to shoot you down but the connection has zero to do with FPS that's purely hardware based, ping at 30 network tracker shows zero packet loss and my connection is not too terrible either...

speedtest.jpg

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,679 posts
15,787 battles

Just an update for anyone who is interested (looking at you WG) have found a workaround, and it goes as follows...

Go to settings, max out everything as you would normally, then click drop down box for DX11 / DX9.....

Select DX9... Game will restart and voila you have perfect FPS with ZERO drop in quality... For some insane reason this crappy engine looks identical in both DX11 and DX9 back to mid 60's and am 'happier....slightly'

At a guess someone who has been coding the Submarine patch from this weekend may have inadvertently used coding designed for DX12 and NOT DX11 / 11.1

TLDR: WG need to get their finger out and fix their DX11 implementation it seems !

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles
7 minutes ago, cherry2blost said:

Just an update for anyone who is interested (looking at you WG) have found a workaround, and it goes as follows...

Go to settings, max out everything as you would normally, then click drop down box for DX11 / DX9.....

Select DX9... Game will restart and voila you have perfect FPS with ZERO drop in quality...

TLDR: WG need to get their finger out and fix their DX11 implementation it seems !

That was one of the first things that I tried but it didn't work for me.

Sign in to follow this