You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Pan-Asian cruiser Irian.

25 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
586 posts
7,594 battles

Hello all Captains. 

A new Pan Asian cruiser is sighted on the horizon. What do you think? Interesting as always imo :) 

ST, Pan-Asian cruiser Irian, tier VIII

Hit points – 41200. Plating - 25 mm.

Main battery - 4x3 152 mm. Firing range - 17.5 km.

Maximum HE shell damage – 2200. Chance to cause fire – 12%. Maximum AP shell damage - 3300.

Reload time - 8.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 25.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 154 м.

HE initial velocity - 950 m/s. AP initial velocity - 950 m/s. Sigma – 2.05.

Torpedo tubes - 2x5 533 mm. Equips deep-water torpedoes that can't hit destroyers. Maximum damage - 17900. Range - 13.5 km. Speed - 68 kt. Reload time - 136 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 0.8 km.

AA defense:
16x2 37.0 mm, range - 3.5 km, damage per second - 147.
6x2 100.0 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 117.

Maximum speed - 32,7 kt. Turning circle radius - 760 m. Rudder shift time – 10.3 s. Surface detectability – 13.7 km. Air detectability – 9.3 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 7.0 km.

Available consumables:
1 slot - Damage Control Party

2 slot - Hydroacoustic Search

3 slot - Torpedo Reload Booster

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

The visual model of the ship may change too.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Bilden kan innehålla: himmel, hav, utomhus, vatten och natur

• Cool 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,099 posts
14,202 battles

So a Chappayev with a respectable torpedo suite but no radar. Well, she seems interesting at least.

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,483 battles

Meh, not broken enough to justify buying a t8 cruiser.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles
4 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Meh, not broken enough to justify buying a t8 cruiser.

It certainly is hard to find a justification to spend real money to be little more than fodder for T10 ships. The Tier 8 MM is too skewed at the moment for me to even consider buying any more T8 premiums.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
10 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

I'm interested. But concealment looks meh. Just about 11 kms with all bonuses if I'm right?

should be 10,55 with unified CE.

So a Cruiser that can launch 20 torps with 13,5km range? Those will get nerfed xD

Beta Tester
1,893 posts
6,228 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

should be 10,55 with unified CE.

So a Cruiser that can launch 20 torps with 13,5km range? Those will get nerfed xD

I get the destinct feeling that those torps will stay as they are now, in wg eyes a ship must have a gimick, and since it dosent have smoke or radar, well, theyr keepers, i say buff them to 14km :Smile_trollface:

[H_FAN]
Players
1,971 posts
23,423 battles

Yes , problem is the captain but perhaps it is possible to use a DD captain with OK results.

Sadly there seems to be a huge number of ships in the works that have been presented , but are not released ,must be record level now.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
640 posts
3,670 battles

That is allot different than the Huanghe. Would be fun to have crawling smoke, but than again that would be a useless gimmick at T8

[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles
37 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

So a Chappayev with a respectable torpedo suite but no radar. Well, she seems interesting at least.

It is actually a Kutuzov with better torps, less range and no smoke.

T10 PA DW torpedos and TRB at T8 are ridicules choice. I doubt this will pass a testing phase. I hope that WG won't try to balance ships around torps and consumable rather than the other way around.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

A troll division of three of these beauties would be rather....."cute".

Not as cute as mixing in a Kalashnikov or two.

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles

honestly, I dont see the problem. The maneuvers to actually get twenty torps out are completely ridiculous in any real combat scenario, and even if you do the launches will be spread out over at least half a minute, if not more (too lazy to try that out with the Kutuzov). I mean, it's hella gimmicky and can be deadly in the right situation, sure, but... I dont see this being particularly overpowered.

And hey, at least its not  yet another premium with radar. So that's gotta be a win in and of itself, right?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

No smoke isn't that much of an issue I don't think. I've played Kutuzov without using it on occasion but obviously it lowers your aggression if you can't smoke spam.

The whole T8 Cruiser thing tho might be an issue. WoWS MM for T8 isn't quite as bad as in WoT where anything T8 and balanced is borderline unplayable as your games are dictated by how good the T10 tanks are on either team. 

This one won't be for me personally. As Kutuzov seems better. Torps look amusing but that's what PA DDs are for. Good torps on a Cruiser that stands a high risk of being one shotted at the ranges the torps are good for doesn't feel good to me.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,134 battles

If they don't nerf the bejazus out of the thing during testing, I might be tempted, although it would probably spend much of its time messing about in Coop, and Ops - my cruiser play is pretty poor (even by my low standards), and that's where most of my other premium cruisers spend their time as a result...

It looks like it might be something different to play, although whether that translates as 'good' is an entirely different kettle of piranhas.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,572 battles

13.5 km DWT with 0.8km detectability..

That is bad... incredibly bad..

That Is So bad, If they don't nerf those torpedos before that thing goes live.. I am gonna buy it!! :)

A Chapayev with stealth torping capabilities???

Is this a wet dream or not?

I am not looking at anything else.. I am sold on those sexy fish!!!

• Cool 2

[BGBRD]
Players
277 posts
9,318 battles

So its a Kutuzov with less range, no smoke, no DAA,  but torp reload boost and better range on those torpedoes... another strange gimik-ship?? :cap_hmm:

[PK11]
Beta Tester
652 posts
10,215 battles
Vor 13 Stunden, DFens_666 sagte:

My guess would be deep water torps with 0.2km detection range.

[JRM]
Players
1,090 posts
14,212 battles

If it stays as iz is it might be interesting, wicked torps and ru ballistics might make it a bb rapist

[WCWVE]
Players
801 posts
12,259 battles

Looks interesting but as soneone else said, there are lots of ships that have been super tested but have not made it into the game yet