You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Halloween: Terror of the Deep Begins - Discussion Thread

40 comments in this topic

[IRON7]
Players
600 posts
455 battles
2 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Are you ready for a new chapter of the most bone-chilling tale at sea?

No :cap_rambo:

20 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm pretty sure some never expected WoWS to sink so deep :Smile-_tongue:

I'm part of 'that'  WoWS  demographic   :crab:.

Players
25 posts
7,360 battles

I was worried the Halloween event would be good and i'd have to return to the game to play more than i want. The lack of balanced battles means coming to play the game every few days just to do the UK directives is a chore i can barely put up with.

Luckily i forgot the Halloween event always sucks so i don't know why i was worried :Smile_facepalm:

Back to my Steam games  :Smile_honoring:

[-ENF-]
Players
12 posts
12,786 battles

It seems a little odd to have team damage available during this operation, you need to remove that because everybody is firing torps everywhere.....

• Cool 2

[-DKBG]
Beta Tester
241 posts

Brought a friend over from WOT to play it.

About the team damage...did get hit by a friends torp and did not take damage. Perhaps I was not at the surface but did not 

get any damage.

It is a blast really. It is fun and a nice different style of play. 

It grows on you after a couple of games and gets  a lot of fun.

It feels very polished and of course there needs to be balance tweaks etc. But

the general test of the subs is a succes. I easy see subs live in 2019. Could be a nice different style of play. 

Perhaps increase number of units to 15 instead of 12.  

Players
2 posts
1,800 battles

Heya WG folks ! :fish_happy:

thank you soooooo much for the submarines, that's a sooooo funny and interesting way of play, and so attractive then !!

thank you ! thank you ! thank you !

if i wanna prpose a suggestion, it would be about to control the fire of the surface guns, but this fact appart, to ride an u-boot is a wery wery cool experience, as you made it with the C/F to up and down, torps like on a DD, and controls to swim ^^

well, congratulations and thanks again and again !!!! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
132 posts
3,623 battles

2 things I've learned.

1. If you're going to dive under Rasputin to use your rear torps, don't try it at periscope depth. It'll end in tears.

2. If you learn from this and dive deeper to pass under Rasputin, make sure you have enough air or you'll pop up like a cork and smack into the side of him. It'll end in tears, 1k ramming damage and a little salty language.

• Funny 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,408 posts
6,223 battles
1 hour ago, HetzyBunny said:

Heya WG folks ! :fish_happy:

thank you soooooo much for the submarines, that's a sooooo funny and interesting way of play, and so attractive then !!

thank you ! thank you ! thank you !

if i wanna prpose a suggestion, it would be about to control the fire of the surface guns, but this fact appart, to ride an u-boot is a wery wery cool experience, as you made it with the C/F to up and down, torps like on a DD, and controls to swim ^^

well, congratulations and thanks again and again !!!! :cap_like:

Well you can give targets to the deck guns as well, as long as they last (mine get knocked out all the time apart from the Barracuda :fish_boom:). I know it isn't the same, but still... 

56 minutes ago, Goats_Beard said:

2 things I've learned.

1. If you're going to dive under Rasputin to use your rear torps, don't try it at periscope depth. It'll end in tears.

2. If you learn from this and dive deeper to pass under Rasputin, make sure you have enough air or you'll pop up like a cork and smack into the side of him. It'll end in tears, 1k ramming damage and a little salty language.

Oh yeah. Bad timing for diving under target did cause a lot of cursing, luckily I tested the mode a lot so I have learned the wisdom  :cap_old: Or what passes for it in a bad light :cap_haloween:

Players
2,688 posts
6,982 battles
On 10/30/2018 at 4:34 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm pretty sure some never expected WoWS to sink so deep :Smile-_tongue:

Apparently they could...

Participating in this stream 

I managed to win....one credit!

What? This is a joke, but frankly it's kinda lame. Might as well give nothing at all.

EDIT: I don't know why the stream is a black square? It's https://www. twitch. tv/ worldofwarships

Players
65 posts

Did the WG guys make this operation easier (much easier)? I remember it was so much more difficult on the test server... And earning 5 stars was almost impossible. Well, not anymore. Now if you get 3 stars it means your team really sucked. Or maybe players already learned how to play it on test server? I don't know, it feels too easy.

Players
65 posts
59 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Is there any tutorial or something? I entered once and had no idea what I'm doing... 

Enter it once more and youll have an idea. Seriously, you dont need tutorial for that.. There are objectives to be done and thats all. Here for you:

Primary Task

Destroy Rasputin.

Secondary Tasks

Detect enemy defense facilities. -> Catapults
    Eliminate all foes.
    Save at least 3 submarines on your team.
    Destroy 3 ships in one minute.
    Discover the location of the Black Lair castle.

I think I found out what changed - the timer for finding the black lair. Wasn't it just 5 minutes on the test server? Now I can go kill some stuff first and then spot it even with the slowest submarine..

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
576 posts
14,183 battles

Did the operation in 3rd or 4th attempt and got bored of it..... Operations seem so repetitive.

Players
95 posts
13,155 battles

Well it is impressive to look at and I am sure you have probably put a lot of work into this, but honestly I have not enjoyed them. Sadly it is no where near as fun as other operations and it's just really dull the novelty of diving deep is very short lived and it's extremely repetitive even for an operation. 

So a nice try but I really cannot see what everyone appears to be raving about, for me this was extremely boring to play, but hey for those that like it have fun.

[T-N-T]
Players
2,074 posts
9,795 battles

Hmm, I don't hate it (which is a successfor you, WG, I so wanted to hate this), but I still have a couple of questions (after getting 3 5-star runs out of 4 tries; first one ended with 4 stars):

1) Does Torpedo Acceleration commander skill work on subs' torps? The UI in port is very confusing as the main stats don't even show torp speed, yet seem to show the shorter range with the skill, while the torps in the consummable tab seem to keep showing default values.

2) Do you get the "spot lair" and "spot ballistas" secondaries completed by default after you kill Rasputin? Because the last battle I started yelling at team they're idiots when they all killed Rasputin before we've spotted the objectives (I told them beforehand we gotta spot them), yet both objectives then showed up as completed anyway. While I was trying to get close to them, I believe I was nowhere near enough yet. Hence my question. I'd love to know whether my shouting was justified and we barely got lucky or whether it was unnecessary and bad form.

• Cool 1

Players
65 posts
1 hour ago, Toivia said:

Hmm, I don't hate it (which is a successfor you, WG, I so wanted to hate this), but I still have a couple of questions (after getting 3 5-star runs out of 4 tries; first one ended with 4 stars):

1) Does Torpedo Acceleration commander skill work on subs' torps? The UI in port is very confusing as the main stats don't even show torp speed, yet seem to show the shorter range with the skill, while the torps in the consummable tab seem to keep showing default values.

2) Do you get the "spot lair" and "spot ballistas" secondaries completed by default after you kill Rasputin? Because the last battle I started yelling at team they're idiots when they all killed Rasputin before we've spotted the objectives (I told them beforehand we gotta spot them), yet both objectives then showed up as completed anyway. While I was trying to get close to them, I believe I was nowhere near enough yet. Hence my question. I'd love to know whether my shouting was justified and we barely got lucky or whether it was unnecessary and bad form.

1. I think it works. I played for a while without the skill, then I started using it on the subs with good concealment and I really think the torps are faster. You can see the changed torp speed while in game. Zipper for example has 66 knots by default, but when you are in game and you have the skill it says 71 knots (ctrl + pointing at torps).

2. Here I'm with you and I'm wondering the same. I think if you are within spotting range, but underwater, and Rasputin gets killed, then the lair is discovered automatically. If you dont spot the last catapult however and Rasputin gets killed, you get only 4 stars. I had it right now, 3 battles in row, 4 stars only. We killed Rasputin too fast.

So, I would say, shouting at team mates was (is almost always ;) ) justified, especially in this case. You got lucky and someone still managed to spot it.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
2,074 posts
9,795 battles
1 minute ago, m3c0 said:

1. I think it works. I played for a while without the skill, then I started using it on the subs with good concealment and I really think the torps are faster. You can see the changed torp speed while in game. Zipper for example has 66 knots by default, but when you are in game and you have the skill it says 71 knots (ctrl + pointing at torps).

2. Here I'm with you and I'm wondering the same. I think if you are within spotting range, but underwater, and Rasputin gets killed, then the lair is discovered. If you dont spot the last catapult however and Rasputin gets killed, you get only 4 stars. I had it right now, 3 battles in row, 4 stars only. We killed Rasputin too fast.

1) Thanks for that. Forgot to check the tooltip in battle (also didn't remember if that one even gives speed either).

2) Hmm, seems we were lucky then and got just close enough as Rasputin was dying (I was indeed underwater and going as fast as possible, sadly that game I was trying the Seelowe, so only like 24 knots I believe). Apparently somebody else was getting close enough to the last unspotted catapult at the same time.

Thanks for answers.