Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

CV rework poll 2018

CV rework 2018  

91 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. What's your current feeling about the CV-rework?

• I've played them and I'm positive
    • I've played them and I'm undecided
    • I've played them and I'm sceptical-negative
    • I've not played them and I'm positive
    • I've not played them and I'm undecided
    • I've not played them and I'm sceptical-negative
    • Other
  2. 2. The biggest issue probably is -

• Balance toward other ship types
    • Making CV gameplay diversive and fun in the long run
    • Making CVs not be a detriment for all non CV-players in the games
    • Other
  3. 3. Is there, in your opinion, a way to make CVs and planes a positive factor in Random games for the rest of the players?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2019 at 07:32 PM

20 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
3,073 posts
12,373 battles

What's your current feeling?

Do you believe the current iteration will work out - fun, balanced, provide a challenge, keep people interested?

Will the CVs improve or at least not be a detriment in the games for the rest?

[-FF-]
Players
663 posts
5,431 battles
10 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

What's your current feeling?

Do you believe the current iteration will work out - fun, balanced, provide a challenge, keep people interested?

Will the CVs improve or at least not be a detriment in the games for the rest?

Good

Yes x5

[UNICS]
Players
1,241 posts
15,368 battles

undecided...

Its good and bad

the rework is good when i get ap bombed in my kron for example , and our allied noob cv already lost his fighters while my team gets murdered ( nothing you can do will help)

the rework is bad because less seal clubbing division 

There is so much more improvements they could of made for cv rts, but they never really tried, pushing a console platform, and that it kinda pisses me of

As said before by some CC's , the current iteration of the cv  rework feels like your playing against rng , and not player skill .. but who knows i'm not following it anyway..

Will check when it's live.

EDIT:

PS : RN CV's will probably powercreep the older ones for cash grab..

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,896 posts
14,234 battles

The last point is rather redundant imo as your goal in any PvP game is literally to be a negative factor to the enemy team, meaning someone is inevitably going to be mad about reworked CVs regardless of balance.

[DSPA]
Players
354 posts
2,548 battles

The only important question is 'if you didn't play CV (or hardly) will you play the new CV-system? And I would say yes. I think I will play from time to time a CV. So I would say mission accomplished.

My biggest hope is that they will work on AA-guns a little more. That half-half system is a little bit "Mehh!!!"

Players
2,814 posts
12,775 battles

Forgive me if I have misunderstood Question #2 ("2. The biggest issue probably is - "), but my answer was "Other".

The biggest issue for me personally is this:

I don't like games where you have to fly planes around.(1)  In the new version the planes are the core item.  You stop being a Ship Captain and become a pilot.

With the playstyle of carriers at the moment, it still feels as though I control a ship.  The planes are sem-abstract. A more "guided" version of torpedoes/shells.

(1) And believe me I have tried a few. From the most basic to full-on flight simulators.

• Cool 2

[WCWVE]
Players
801 posts
12,259 battles

The rework has made a ship into an aircraft squadron 

• Cool 1

Players
2,138 posts

Having watched streams, videos and talked to a few testers I'm really not comfortable with the sheer strength of the reworked CV's and poor to pointless AA. In effect the CV fires a salvo of guided missiles which can be infinitely renewed with no cost and have a fair chance to inflict DoT's often enough that they're permanent.

Since the desire of the devs is that they can have multiple CV's at every tier I can see the CV's making gameplay even more miserable than current CV games.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
795 posts
4,327 battles

Current reworked CV is weaker than prior CV. It means every single current CV player will get their favourite class’ wing clipped for vague and arbitrary reasons. They will not be happy.

New CV doesn’t take skill and has no purpose. It lessens the “alpha strike” negativity towards surface ships but fails to eliminate it. The purely thematically negativity of being an arty sniper is not reduced at all, actually increased via the tv-drones playstyle. Having eliminated the “alpha strike” potential, it also takes away what makes CV fun and rewarding, a precise, skillful strike under pressure of enemy CV (ideal but not the case currently either).

The animations and cinematic are worth it for about 10 times then no more. Personally, I do not see myself able to nor wanting to play this for more than 3 games. 

• Boring 1

[WGB]
Players
2,062 posts
26,056 battles

It was hard to get a real taste of how the CV rework will be when it is finished, playing with/against 10 bots on each team, but the few games I did play made me realise, the CV rework has a long way to go before it hits the live/regional servers. 

CV playing is something I want to get into, and have great fun playing Independence in co-op, learning the skills needed, with CV rework, I will not have that manual control of the CV, pinpointing the exact place safe for my CV to do its job as close to the enemy as possible, the CV rework did not offer me this skill, which ATM is a big downside for me.

But like I said at start, there is a long way to go before it is ready.

[5D]
Players
536 posts
20,988 battles

the reworked CVs require very little thought and skill throughout the game as you dont have to worry about plane reserve, enemy fighters, plane return path, etc. it is a shadow of what CVs are today. i get that the rework is happening and you are stopping some people playing their favourite class, thats not gona change. but at least let us CV mains have a clear advantage over those who do not know how to play CVs. people shouldnt be on equal skill levels by the games design. thats not how games work. it would be like a load of people suddenly crying that they cant play DDs because its too hard etc and then WG made it so everyone was forced to launch tops on a pre determined path, therefore no skill was involved, meaning everyones skill in DDs was neutered. thats exactly what is happening to CVs. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
1,090 posts
14,212 battles

Well i played few matches, its different that much is sure, will take some practice to get the drops right but it has potential imo, few things to consider would be making number of planes reflect hangar capacity (finite number of planes) and make aa zone reinfircement more meaningfull ie more bonus, slower shift and 2 "degrees" since 25% boost is hardly worth the effort would be much more sebsible to have at least another step that gives 50% boost and make the shift last a bit longer and time duration adds so if you for instance go from 100/100 to 150/50 or switch sides it takes twice or three times as long as to go 25% aldough 33/66% would be even beter imo and give it real meaning

Players
737 posts
245 battles

Im still undecided from what i've seen it looks simple and fun but seems to take away the element of actually controlling a ship (if i wanted plane combat i would play WT or WOWP's) also the strategic value and tactical skill required to use CV's goes down dramatically since you basically have unlimited planes and can strike whatever target at the beginning of the game.

although i guess dot is nice i can see that being a pain to BB's mainly.

also i don't see why you can't controll the ship and planes at the same time. is wargaming trying to say players are that dumb?

i mean if they used an actual game engine and thought through the carrier mechanics this probably wouldn't be too much of an issue.

oh well.

Players
505 posts
9,525 battles

As long as it reduces the effectiveness of a CV down to that of a BB/Cruiser/DD then I'm all for it.  At higher tiers, Having a pro CV v a noob CV atm is too destabilising to the game, and ruins the battle for much of the noob CV's team.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
1,841 posts
12,458 battles

2. Other : Feels like I'm just playing a minigame that's no longer connected to the other ships. You're so in your "flying da planez" bubbles that you lose the general overview of map/game you had before.

[DREAD]
Players
5,725 posts
5,206 battles

It still Needs a lot of work but it is the Right direction. It feels a lot less detached from the rest of the game and the interaction between CVs and ships is much higher. 

However they Need to Keep on working (direct Control of CV and new fighter Concept mainly). The AA rework I am still undecided About. It isn't really bad but didn't feel natural

[RO-RN]
Players
335 posts
5,346 battles

i am going to enjoy them so much than i do now! finaly after they removed my obj 261 ap shells and made he shells do 1 damage i will not be afraid of worcesters, des moines and minotaurs cause i have unlimited planes. i will no longer have to worry about air supremacy cause fighters are removed now, and i can give every ship a long and painfull death. gg to all the players that wanted carriers to be removed you  gave  us the arty from wot to wows, thank you! if you could have know how much fun arty was in wot, when there where 5 on each team and they could either give you a long painfull death or just a simple one shot! but you will find out here.

[CR33D]
Players
2,958 posts
15,019 battles

100% agree with @Mr_Snoww.

about the new CV gameplay. its boring as f.ck. first battle was really fun. i kinda liked the visual effects . (those effects could be implemented to the current CVs aswell but anyway).  but i didnt want to play after 3th battle. because i wanted to try all the available CVs, i kept playing. so i tried all of them and didnt touch that new crap  again.

[D_R_M]
Players
898 posts
15,668 battles

I think the launch of the CV rework is an excellent opportunity to find another game to play. 

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this