Todeskult

Terrible - pretty much as I wrote (and even more)

26 comments in this topic

[COMA]
Players
154 posts
7,305 battles

Pretty much all I wrote here (or even more):

EDIT: Thread closed due to being non-constructive

Muahaha, what is non-constructive in my "rant", tell me Wargaming, c'mon. If you say the ship is fine point it's cons and tell us how superb it is to cost 33 EUR.

EDIT2: So far I have watched 3 out of 4 CCs (of those I'm interested in) reviews of this ship and NONE of them have said anything good about it. Only iChase I believe didn't do a review yet, but I'm pretty sure that it won't be different in conclusions than those of Notser's, Flamuu's and Jedi's.

[DPT]
Players
251 posts
7,992 battles

You do see that altough flamu only complains about this ship he made 4 kills and 170k dmg?

• Cool 2

[COMA]
Players
154 posts
7,305 battles

And that means something, doesn't it? If you do well in a ship and still you are disgusted by it... I believe that's the problem with the ship, not you (the player).

So what that he did 170k dmg? Did his team won this? I also did somewhat well in it once I adjusted my playstyle: controled caps, have landed some torps, cause floodings, managed to kill few ships in a battle, etc. But it doesn't change the fact that it's an awful, situational ship, dependent on matchmaker. Like Flamuu said I can do the same (or much more better depending on map and team-setup) in any other premium tier VIII DD and I would rid-off the frustration factor out . Even some tier VIIs do perform better. Really a bad ship for the money WG charging for it. And I expressed that directly to them, through my wallet, by opening a refund request, first time in my history of engagement with Wargaming.

[COMA]
Players
154 posts
7,305 battles
3 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

The joke is on you , if you bought it

Joke is on Wargaming, they are forced now to a refund. I didn't lost my money.

Anyway I expect the "casus of Graf Zeppelin" to re-surface soon. Have looked over YT for other CCs reviews. And... not a single one claiming that this crap(p) isn't a one big joke.

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
165 posts
5,236 battles

The "Le Terrible" as it is now is not a good ship. You should have done your research before you bought this "pile of crap". While the ship is not that good, I am still evaluating if I should  buy it. It could be fun in co-op as a crew trainer.

Wargaming does evaluate the performance of ships, and they do from time to time buff ships that does not perform well. This will (probably?) happen to the Le Terrible.

Regarding the Graf Zeppeling I truly regret not buying the ship. I actually decided to buy it the day it was withdrawn from sale. Those who bought it has received a lot of compensation in return.

[COMA]
Players
154 posts
7,305 battles
31 minutes ago, hjsteg said:

I am still evaluating if I should  buy it. It could be fun in co-op as a crew trainer.

That would be the first ship offered by a bunch of money for co-ops only :D

[DPT]
Players
251 posts
7,992 battles
6 hours ago, Todeskult said:

And that means something, doesn't it? If you do well in a ship and still you are disgusted by it... I believe that's the problem with the ship, not you (the player).

Yes it does, it shows that the ship can actually perform. If you are disgusted with the ship its on you not the ship.

You wouldn't believe how many people hate Khabarovsk. Still it is one of the strongest DDs in the game!

6 hours ago, Todeskult said:

So what that he did 170k dmg? Did his team won this? I also did somewhat well in it once I adjusted my playstyle: controled caps, have landed some torps, cause floodings, managed to kill few ships in a battle, etc. But it doesn't change the fact that it's an awful, situational ship, dependent on matchmaker. Like Flamuu said I can do the same (or much more better depending on map and team-setup) in any other premium tier VIII DD and I would rid-off the frustration factor out . Even some tier VIIs do perform better. Really a bad ship for the money WG charging for it. And I expressed that directly to them, through my wallet, by opening a refund request, first time in my history of engagement with Wargaming.

Had a good laugh at that. Flamu was telling absolute BS, no T8 DD would have let him win that game because his team was throwing it. You on the other hand do more avg dmg with Terrible than with Kiev and she is a very competetive DD.

I mean even more than Udaloi and that is a T9?! Don't even start about WR because those of your DDs I saw were all below 50%. 

Your whole claim here is that you bought a ship that works as advertised but doesn't behave to your liking so the product is faulty? As already pointed out if anyone is at fault for buying it that would be you...

[IRON7]
Players
600 posts
455 battles

This ship is appropriately named? I mean there's three choices here - Bleh, OK or OP. Which one is it?

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
398 posts
23,161 battles

Can some WG employee explain to us what was the idea behind this ship?
It has smoke in early test. Now theres no smoke, slight better guns with making sense on tier 6 and little better torps.

Was it meant as free frag for tier 10 or kind of joke?

Please tell us....

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
Players
84 posts

I bought it just to have some fun with the speed. I'm not going to complain about wasting money as I wouldn't buy it if I couldn't afford it. Still, other than the speed gimmick, this ship is utter crap and has no consistency to do well, especially in PVP of any kind. So yeah, I'd love to know how it was *supposed* to function.

[BAD-B]
Players
742 posts
2,427 battles
On 10/30/2018 at 3:31 PM, Desteban said:

Yes it does, it shows that the ship can actually perform. If you are disgusted with the ship its on you not the ship.

You wouldn't believe how many people hate Khabarovsk. Still it is one of the strongest DDs in the game!

Had a good laugh at that. Flamu was telling absolute BS, no T8 DD would have let him win that game because his team was throwing it. You on the other hand do more avg dmg with Terrible than with Kiev and she is a very competetive DD.

I mean even more than Udaloi and that is a T9?! Don't even start about WR because those of your DDs I saw were all below 50%. 

Your whole claim here is that you bought a ship that works as advertised but doesn't behave to your liking so the product is faulty? As already pointed out if anyone is at fault for buying it that would be you...

Well, all 3 named CCs have different taste in ships and different skill sets, they play in slightly different metas (EU vs NA). Yet all 3 don't like the ship ... I wonder how that can be ... coincidence ?

Obviously Flamu picked a good game for the ship to present it ... he still needs to do something to keep WG happy ....

[P_C]
[P_C]
Players
280 posts
5,464 battles
Am 3.11.2018 um 04:34, Sadzior sagte:

Can some WG employee explain to us what was the idea behind this ship?
It has smoke in early test. Now theres no smoke, slight better guns with making sense on tier 6 and little better torps.

Was it meant as free frag for tier 10 or kind of joke?

Please tell us....

The idea behind this Ship was..."Gunboat" with Superspeed(53.8kn).

But WG forget additonal 2kn(Wiki 45.1kn base without flag and Boost).

Look to Aigle(Wiki and ingame 36kn, Le Terrible Wiki 45.1kn, ingame 43.1kn).

I use this Ship primary for flanking and Torps only, sounds stupid but i works great for me.

Guns with Reloadbooster i activiate only to set enemys on fire(after repaird flooding), or i see a DD with 50% life(DD Hunting with this thing not works everytime, after Reloadbooster the base Gunreload is crap).

Try to use this Ship like a Torpedo DD(very fast Reload, like Z-52).

Best regards

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
398 posts
23,161 battles

After 15 battles: every recieved hit destroying engine. Had 6 engine faults in 6 hits sequence....

Dead meat without smoke...

And yes i have all captain perks and upgrades to prevent module/engine damage...

Beta Tester
204 posts
4,865 battles

Played quite a few games with her now, honestly find her fairly enjoyable but with some very glaring weaknesses. I'd love to see her get a heal so that it's less likely for a lucky hit to take you out of the game. Aside from that the rest of the ship is pretty fun and I enjoy zipping about like a madman with her.

[WTFNO]
Players
84 posts

Dear Wargaming, can you please take a look at this piece of s**t of a destroyer and fix it? It doesn't work, it doesn't perform in stats, it's clearly broken.

[SOCKS]
Players
783 posts
5,479 battles

Seriously by this stage I really get angry when I see one of this crap things in my team. Way to take one of the vital DD spots in a team and force us to fight at a disadvantage from the get go because that crappy thing can't get anything done.

Best team effort I've seen from a Terrible in a game (and I've seen A LOT) in either our or the enemy team, has been one yolo-ramming a Grozovoi in the initial cap rush. T8 useless POS vs a very good T10 DD. We won that game by a narrow margin. Had he not done that...we'd probably had lost.

Seriously, withdraw this travesty of a ship, change it to be useful and then re-release it. As it stand it's just unfair for the team where this thing falls into.

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
Players
84 posts

Give it the shortest smoke in the game, so it can at least have a chance to reposition with its "great" speed, or just put it out of its misery :(.

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles

She is not that bad. The torps hit quite hard.

She works best with other DD, just as RU gunboats. She is problematic with a low point captain.

Players
122 posts
7,326 battles

So, anybody else in love with this mighty fine little boat?

I got it on day 1, and for two months now it's been my favorite ship. Some may be a bit stronger, but none are more fun! And it really can be strong. After 68 randoms my WR has been hovering around 65 % for a while now. This isn't meant as a brag, but rather to point out that I don't do that well in most ships.

Skill-wise, there are some tough choices to be made even if you have full 19 points. Here's what I went with:

1: Priority Target (debatable, but I'm too used to it to play without)

2: Expert Marksman (turret traverse is too slow otherwise, especially close to enemy)

2: Last Stand (to keep moving, since so often only speed can save you)

3: Basic Firing Training (situational DPS)

3: Survivability Expert (possibly debatable, but I often find myself in very low health)

4: IFHE (situational DPS)

4: Concealment Expert (no explanation necessary)

The same skipper works very well in the Aigle, if you have it, and also La Galissonnière from the tech three. Module-wise, Engine Boost Modification 1 is an absolute must in slot two. 3 minutes instead of 2 minutes per charge is huge. It also compensates for not having Superintendent.

Playing style:

• This spec is strictly intended for playing close and personal, close to your concealment range. Consider yourself a DD hunter and a torpedo boat. You could go for the Russian gunboat style with AFT and DE instead, but the gun ballistics are not really suited for it. In the same tier, Kiev is much better for that style of play.
  • I avoid firing my guns unless I'm confident that somebody will likely die, or nobody will be firing back. You want to save your precious HP for...
  • Go in for the kill. Hit the turbo, and charge the destroyer in the smoke, or the cruiser camping behind an island, head-on. When you're homing in at 54 knots they have very little reaction time.
  • If you use the guns, rotate them to the correct direction early, and preferably hit the reload boost only when you have all guns on the target. Don't ever waste it. If the fish is too big, focus on getting the torpedoes home instead.
  • Patience. If you don't feel like you have a good chance of getting the kill, or the risk is too high, wait for a better moment. Use the speed to go to a different location, and spot for the team.
  • Repeat: Surprisingly often, you don't die when charging the enemy. If you start getting a lot of fire, just use the speed to get away. Most of them will have a difficult time hitting you.
  • Depending on the line-up, I sometimes use my first turbo immediately to go into the nearest cap well before anybody else. You'll have enough time to turn around, and ideally park behind an island with your nose towards the nearest exit.

In closing, I like it especially because it plays different from everything else. Le Terrible is the antithesis of sniping, tanking battleships. The manliest, most arrogant maneuver is often the best course of action. It's not easy, but it really, really, can be strong.

image.thumb.png.286f9e4dfb2a942e1d34041494e30994.png

• Cool 4

[WTFNO]
Players
84 posts

When I saw a "paid rental" offer for Le Terrible, I almost died laughing. I still think it's one of the worst premiums WG has ever released (and I've got the vast majority in my port).

Players
437 posts

The ship is being offered in the shop for 7 days rental with 1 day premium account for £4. First time I've seen wargaming myself offer a ship for rental to try out first. Anyway, I took the offer up 2 days ago to see what it's like? My conclusion after 2 days playing the ship, it's a LOL boat for the giggles. But a nice idea to try the ship out first like this for a much cheaper price, you can still earn some good credits with it for 7 days, so worth the money spent even if you hate it.

I just don't see what role this ship is supposed to fill at all, other than using it's fast speed to rush caps first but then only end up spotted and shot at because of its really bad concealment to every other enemy DD that enters  cap with you. I wouldn't mind so much if it had a smoke screen to use, but it doesn't even have that + bad concealment. So once spotted in cap, all you can do is run away like hell and hope for the best and the ship is not a small target to miss for a DD (it's as big as a Cruiser)

After 2 days playing it there's no way I would buy the ship to use all the time. It can be fun for rushing in due to the fast speed and half decent guns (if you don't care about stats). But it really isn't much use for anything else, as it fits no role proper and you end up playing it like a LOL boat for the giggles rushing in with guns blazing until killed. Not much else you can do with it really.

I won't deny I've had fun using it past two days playing like a total potato in it. But only because it's really fast and the guns ain't bad either. But it's not a ship you can ever hope to play seriously in a DD role with no smoke screen and poor concealment. Another thing about this ship which is very off putting. Every-time you get shot, either the engine is blown out, or 100 modules gets blown up! I've never seen so many red signs on my screen playing this DD, lmao!!!!

Players
437 posts
On 10/30/2018 at 11:40 AM, hjsteg said:

Wargaming does evaluate the performance of ships, and they do from time to time buff ships that does not perform well. This will (probably?) happen to the Le Terrible.

I could like the ship "for fun play", if it had a smoke screen to use. Without one though, it's too much of a problem for the ship, which isn't helped by the fact everything blows up when you try and run away and shots hit you. Engine knocked out repeatedly, loads of modules blown up. It's like Bonfire night and your Guy Fawkes in it.

Give it a short smoke screen like RN DD's. It isn't going to make the ship OP doing that so it can at least take some cover in one when spotted from 8.3k away. LOLZ. Just remove the rapid reload for a smoke screen (or offer a choice of either in that slot), so it can't do high DMP hidden in smoke. As I do think it would be OP if having both that still, and a smoke screen.

By the way, I can't seem to find this looking. What is the lowest concealment this ship can be brought down to? I installed the concealment module and that brings it down to around 7.3 (I think), but what does it end up as with the 4pt skill used with it also.