You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear_Necessities

How do we help players like these?

286 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
444 posts
9,456 battles

In short, how do we help players like these, so that those of us that have tried to get and have got good do not have to carry so much dead weight? All player were in T10 ships. (no names shown or will be shown).

Do we as a player base need to do more for bad players? Or doe WG need to do more to encourage bad players to try to learn and improve??

potato.jpg

potato.jpg 2.jpg

potato.jpg 3.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles
Just now, principat121 said:

You are free to play as bad as you will or can.

And boy does this playerbase exercise that will!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 13

[5D]
Players
536 posts
20,988 battles
8 minutes ago, principat121 said:

you have to admit theres a point at which you start to think "why does this person even play, what fun can they be having"

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles

Not the answer you want to hear no doubt, but there isn't a *edited* thing we, or WG, can do more than they do already.

It's not like they can force people to learn how to play, or watch the game guides?

Love them, or hate them, these people have just as much of a right to play this game as you do, @Bear_Necessities

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,691 posts
1,492 battles

Some of us play just to mess about and relax.

I enjoy this game and my stats suck, never stops me playing.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
444 posts
9,456 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Not the answer you want to hear no doubt, but there isn't a *edited* thing we, or WG, can do more than they do already.

It's not like they can force people to learn how to play, or watch the game guides?

Love them, or hate them, these people have just as much of a right to play this game as you do, @Bear_Necessities

I know there isn't probably a right or all encompassing answer... but you'd think maybe you'd want to try get better?? No?

• Boring 1

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles

honestly, I belive some players are just beyond help. You just cant be as bad as some I've seen if you have even the slightest interest in "playing the game properly" as we understand it.

And, in a sense, who are we to tell someone that just enjoys driving his Bismarck around and marvel at the fireworks that he isnt allowed to do that, annoying as it may be to have that guy on our team?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
Just now, Bear_Necessities said:

I know there isn't probably a right or all encompassing answer... but you'd think maybe you'd want to try get better?? No?

I'd appreciate it if you did not lump me right along with the individuals you're referring to in your OP, ty. Yes, I do try to get better, constantly.

[NWP]
Players
444 posts
9,456 battles
1 minute ago, fallenkezef said:

Some of us play just to mess about and relax.

I enjoy this game and my stats suck, never stops me playing.

So do I. But why would you not want players to try get better?? Don't you? Do you enjoy people insulting your play every game in chat? Do you enjoy not putting any extra effort into a team based game and hurting those in the team that want to win  and get better? Why not play Co-op then, same game, does not hurt other players experience. 

• Cool 3

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
370 posts
2,921 battles
20 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

And boy does this playerbase exercise that will!

Go play on the NA server. We will see you back soon enough :)

[NWP]
Players
444 posts
9,456 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I'd appreciate it if you did not lump me right along with the individuals you're referring to in your OP, ty. Yes, I do try to get better, constantly.

That you wan't specific to YOU, poorly put on my part, sorry. What I meant was would you not want people to get better to improve your game experience. 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,710 posts
9,234 battles
21 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Not if it starts significantly impacting others.

It's not a solo 1v1, it's a team game.
If your idea of fun is to reverse into the white line and only ever use secondary guns with a CV spec'd captain on a cruiser, good for you, but don't do it in a competitive multiplayer environment such as random battles.
That's calle being just a ****

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,691 posts
1,492 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

So do I. But why would you not want players to try get better?? Don't you? Do you enjoy people insulting your play every game in chat? Do you enjoy not putting any extra effort into a team based game and hurting those in the team that want to win  and get better? Why not play Co-op then, same game, does not hurt other players experience. 

Thats a tad insulting

• Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
1 minute ago, Bear_Necessities said:

That you wan't specific to YOU, poorly put on my part, sorry. What I meant was would you not want people to get better to improve your game experience. 

I do, but we have exactly zero right to force them to. In fact its this wildly varying player "quality" that made me move to playing PVE instead, PVP was driving me insane.

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,024 posts
7,342 battles
30 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

potato.jpg

Ikeepscreamin.png.de162abc89a7e6f0a7d793b81a40ef7f.png

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
444 posts
9,456 battles
4 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Thats a tad insulting

well some of us actually also want to progress. If you don't, then using an  MMO with not much intention of improving and hurting a team isn't the nicest option for others. But, ship happens. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
202 posts
5,844 battles

You don't help them to get better and chances are they don't actually want your help. Part of online team gaming, especially in wargaming's random match making is accepting that you have to play with people whose actions you cannot control and who may not be as skilled as you would like. At the end of the day the only player's actions you have control of is yours and you have to play around whatever your team is doing as best you can, whether it makes any sense or not. And just accept you can't carry them all, if you handled the situation in the best way possible that's all you can ask of yourself.

2 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

So do I. But why would you not want players to try get better?? Don't you? 

I do. I watch WoWS related youTube and Twitch channels, play frequently and focus on what I could have done better after each game. In other games I don't. When I play overwatch I just play to have some fun and whilst I will try to learn from mistakes ultimately I don't actually care too much as I'm just playing for some fast paced action and don't have the time in my life to give it the same focus as I do to WoWS. Like it or not some people play WoWS with the same attitude - it is their casual game and whilst they may try to win they don't care enough to apply themselves that hard to it. That and some people just aren't capable of being as good as others.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles
40 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

In short, how do we help players like these, so that those of us that have tried to get and have got good do not have to carry so much dead weight? All player were in T10 ships. (no names shown or will be shown).

Do we as a player base need to do more for bad players? Or doe WG need to do more to encourage bad players to try to learn and improve??

We dont help them?

Are you some sort of charity to offer free "training"?

This is a hobby, people is not here to be proficient(as much as it pains me), deal with it.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles

Doesn't Overwatch have experience based matchmaking, though? Or at least visibility as standard of people who are experienced?

WoWs lumps the competent with the incompetent. It's one thing carrying and quite another being a victim of someone derping around tier ten 'having fun'. Fun is winning and being effective, not finishing with 20k damage having sat at the map egde clicking every 30 seconds.

Both last night and tonight @Bear_Necessities have been in teams with tomato CVs at tier 10, literally doing nothing while the half-way competent CV on the enemy team cross drops DDs, devstrikes BBs doing their job tanking and strafes what meagre air defence ours has put up.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,691 posts
1,492 battles
17 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

well some of us actually also want to progress. If you don't, then using an  MMO with not much intention of improving and hurting a team isn't the nicest option for others. But, ship happens. 

Fact is, I just don't care about you, sorry but you are a stranger.

I find validation in life in my job, the smile on my daughter's face and the love of my wife. I play this game to relax and have fun.

If winning these matches means that much to you, have fun but it doesn't mean jack to me.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles
1 minute ago, fallenkezef said:

Fact is, I just don't care about you, sorry but you are a stranger.

He gets that lot :Smile_trollface:

Shockingly, I find myself agreeing with Juanx; it's not our job to be 'helping' the poorer players, that's on WG. They've made some inroads now but there's still more that could be done. Tanks has a short but very informative tutroial, for example.

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles
14 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

I find validation in life in my job, the smile on my daughter's face and the love of my wife. I play this game to relax and have fun.

So, why dont you stick to coop? Because if:

If winning these matches means that much to you, have fun but it doesn't mean jack to me.

Why would you potentially screw the other 11 components of your team then? The game objectives are clearly marked, and winning is one of them, if you do not care, go coop...

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,691 posts
1,492 battles
7 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

He gets that lot :Smile_trollface:

Shockingly, I find myself agreeing with Juanx; it's not our job to be 'helping' the poorer players, that's on WG. They've made some inroads now but there's still more that could be done. Tanks has a short but very informative tutroial, for example.

No, it's not up to WG, it's up to each individual.

On WoT I take it a bit more seriously ad have higher stats acordingly. I work hard on my fave tanks (such as Cromwell) and get frustrated if I do not d well. I try to learn the maps, learn enemy tanks etc.

On WoWS I just sail replicas of iconic British ships and have fun. I do not care about winning or getting better.

Players who WANT to be better will become better. Nothing anyone can do be it elitists, WG or anyone else will make a player better who does not care about being better.