Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_KriegWurst

Target Aquisition System Mod 1. Do you use it?

49 comments in this topic

Players
109 posts
6,068 battles

I have a Target Aquisition System Mod 1 in my inventory. Is there a ship in this game where it's worth installing it instead of the Concealment Mod? 

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles

No. Very no on toast even.

WG has managed to make the concealment upgrade mandatory on every T8+ ship.

• Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,087 posts
9,548 battles

Nope.avi. Even with my ''BBs are for soaking up hits'' mentality, I can't justify it over the concealment mod. The best torps are DW ones anyway, this won't help you much against those in a BB. For other shiptypes it's a bad joke. It needs to either be better, or go in the second or third slot.

[TTT]
Players
3,909 posts
7,767 battles

look at your Clantag.

That's your answer.

:Smile_teethhappy:

25 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Yes, I use it on the BB for the Haloween event :)

well, except for this of course... not that it's of any use whatsoever there, but neither is concealment...

• Funny 5

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

well, except for this of course... not that it's of any use whatsoever there, but neither is concealment...

I use the Concealment mod just because we are getting to keep those afterwards and they deslot them for free.

Rather have one of those than to have a TAS Mod in store :cap_tea:

[NWP]
Players
1,833 posts
12,445 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I use the Concealment mod just because we are getting to keep those afterwards and they deslot them for free.

Rather have one of those than to have a TAS Mod in store :cap_tea:

Well, I had one laying around (must have been drunk when I bought it?) so I decided to slot that one rather than buying a new one.

Players
2,132 posts
39 minutes ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

I have a Target Aquisition System Mod 1 in my inventory. Is there a ship in this game where it's worth installing it instead of the Concealment Mod? 

None at all, the only benefit it brings is to increase the range at which you spot torpedoes. The other benefit of increasing vision range would only pay off on Destroyers which need concealment far more than the vision range.

Incidentally the vision range does NOT improve the range at which other vessels are spotted, that is fixed on their own concealment rating.

Quality Poster
3,731 posts
8,447 battles

According to an interview with Sub_Octavian about ... 9 months (iirc) or so ago, roughly 80% of the playerbase use TAM 1. Coincidentally that's NOT the top skilled/successfull part of the playerbase.

Edit: I was wrong about the number, see post further down.

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles
2 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

According to an interview with Sub_Octavian about ... 9 months (iirc) or so ago, roughly 80% of the playerbase use TAM 1. Coincidentally that's NOT the top skilled/successfull part of the playerbase.

WHAT?!?!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???

image.jpeg.167859b9f1f218e2d8a4915daa35b708.jpeg

Then again: WoWs playerbase :cap_old:

image.jpeg

Everytime someone uses TAM, this happens in WG office:

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
3,711 posts
5,988 battles

After reading this, I first was shocked/surprised. Five Seconds later and thinking about our playerbase... not anymore. :cap_hmm:

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,022 posts
7,342 battles
3 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

roughly 80% of the playerbase use TAM 1

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.

How

Why

:cap_fainting::cap_fainting::cap_fainting:

E: @DFens_666 I call you for mindreading hax!

• Funny 2

Quality Poster
3,731 posts
8,447 battles

@DFens_666, @ForlornSailor & @WolfGewehr Iirc the interview correctly, Sub said something along the lines: '80% use TAM, but skilled players know of the value of concealment.'

So yeah... the amount of ships I encounter with TAM 1 mounted ....

And mostly just by the (below) average joes. As soon as a player is somewhat competent/successfull it's Concealment all the way.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,997 posts
12,293 battles
8 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

How is that strange..? 80% of the playerbase use TAM 1 on at least one ship. 20% use Concealment mod exclusively.

You really think German bbs are that much better off with Concealment?

edit: I think you're misinterpreting Sub's quote.. If it's the quote you wrote.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
3,731 posts
8,447 battles
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

You really think German bbs are that much better off with Concealment?

Because they are? Concealment enables you to go dark and heal back up. Reposition easier. Sure it will not make a Conquerer out of the GK but why on earth does a BB that already has a short range all seeing eye needs a module is beyond me. Wasn't it, that TAM and Hydro didn't stack?

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
294 posts

Nah, i've never ever mounted it on a single ship

47 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

It's fine on Großer Kurfurst. I use it there and prefer it over concealment, because why not?

Cuz 13.6km fully concealed. That's a paddlin'!

[UNICS]
Players
2,997 posts
12,293 battles

Because they are? Concealment enables you to go dark and heal back up. Reposition easier. Sure it will not make a Conquerer out of the GK but why on earth does a BB that already has a short range all seeing eye needs a module is beyond me. Wasn't it, that TAM and Hydro didn't stack?

I thought TAM added torp spotting to hydro but I could be wrong. I mostly question the value of the added conceal in a GK. I agree that the value of TAM is very questionable too. I could go without them both.

Quality Poster
3,731 posts
8,447 battles
6 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I thought TAM added torp spotting to hydro but I could be wrong. I mostly question the value of the added conceal in a GK. I agree that the value of TAM is very questionable too. I could go without them both.

I'm not sure either. I know that LWM did once thorough testing on that matter. Iirc: Vigilance and TAM stack as well as Vigilance and Hydro. But not Hydro and TAM.

On the other hand (to uphold to the integrity of my QP tag): I think I messed up me numbers.

@DFens_666, @ForlornSailor & @WolfGewehr: Before talking rubbish, I tracked down said interview with Sub_Octavian and there was no % number present whatsoever. My mind must've tricked me (will change my initial post).

Original Question and Answer below:

How many of the T10 cruisers run the concealment module, and impact on winrate?
Sub doesn’t know, and frankly doesn’t care. They have data recorded, and for most data they have a dashboard to get that data quickly, but for such stuff, it would require substantial digging in the databases to extract the info. But this question isn’t interesting enough to start digging. But most cruisers will run it, BB’s more use target acquisition. But a lot depends on gameplay. Concealment is used mostly by very experienced players, others resort to ruddershift or target acquisition. Sub changes them out on his ships from time to time. Not all modules have to be viable on every ship and for every player.

SOURCE

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles
3 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

I'm not sure either. I know that LWM did once thorough testing on that matter. Iirc: Vigilance and TAM stack as well as Vigilance and Hydro. But not Hydro and TAM.

Yep, this afaik.

14 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I mostly question the value of the added conceal in a GK

I recently got the GK, and i felt it was unfun to play without full concealment build. Now i have full concealment + mostly secondary build and i think its ok like that.

[UNICS]
Players
2,997 posts
12,293 battles
12 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Yea, you're right, I've got those confused.

I'll make a clarification to my earlier lukewarm feeling about Concealment mod on Kurfurst: In competitive.. you probably should go with concealment mod on GK :Smile_honoring:

In Random GK - you can make it work regardless.

6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I recently got the GK, and i felt it was unfun to play without full concealment build. Now i have full concealment + mostly secondary build and i think its ok like that.

I just got the LM mod for Kurfurst and I'm having a great time, completely naked no (conceal)camos or conceal whatsoever. You're big and beautiful and they should see you coming :cap_rambo:

[SCRUB]
Players
631 posts
11,898 battles

I still vividly remember a super close game. Me in my Yueyang, chasing a Shima. Our win depends this kill. We're both below 1000hp when he smokes up. OK then, time to rush the smoke. I get proxy spotted, without spotting the Shima. He shoots and kills me. Game is lost.

Processing..

Processing..

Wait.. did he just.. 

e102293a06abb0b63f067f1fcb554ebc.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,768 posts
14,145 battles

Apparently the concealment upgrade is getting removed from CVs, so if you play CVs it might be a good idea to have some TAS upgrades stocked up. :Smile_hiding:

(Though tbh I don't believe they're gonna go through with this change. Then again it IS WG so anything can happen.)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
568 posts
14,083 battles
9 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

I still vividly remember a super close game. Me in my Yueyang, chasing a Shima. Our win depends this kill. We're both below 1000hp when he smokes up. OK then, time to rush the smoke. I get proxy spotted, without spotting the Shima. He shoots and kills me. Game is lost.

Processing..

Processing..

Wait.. did he just.. 

e102293a06abb0b63f067f1fcb554ebc.jpg

Happened to me as well today....

Sign in to follow this