You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

World of Warships Museum: Le Terrible - Discussion Thread

16 comments in this topic

[O-R-P]
[O-R-P]
Players
398 posts
23,133 battles

It need smoke badly like in early pre release version.

Mostly to disengage from combat when focused.

[STEG]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
165 posts
5,236 battles

The "Le Terrible", seems there is no interest in this ship at all. No smoke and not great concealment. The Aigle was also not well received. I think this ship is in need of a buff. Also according to littlewhitemouse's review this ship is pretty bad:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/173415-premium-ship-review-112-le-terrible/

The name suits the ship very well as it is now, it's terrible!

[N0RSE]
Players
90 posts
6,824 battles

Well, have sunk 1, have spoken to two sad clan members that both wants to give the ship and probably will end up selling it for credits (which they don't need).. Makes me think.. No way, NO WAY..  But then again it fits nicely with the latest offers, the expensive and overly meh British containers, the hilarious Ovechkin cpt offer an even more laughable collection containers.. So, I think the Terrible is absolutely in order, it marks an epoch in WG public offers, and like all things terrible, they're terribly easy to skip.

On the down side though, I've not consumed so much beer before, so the health benefit is absolutely not there. WG, know your responsibility, make your offers great again..

Avast!

Beta Tester
116 posts
2,565 battles

I wonder how WG will buff it. No one reputable is recommending it so I doubt many people will buy it. It's strange to me how it's being marketed as super fast when it's utterly gigantic and easy to hit. 

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
11 posts
3,590 battles

The booster is very situaional leaving the base dpm anemic and thus painful to play with for 10+ minutes, would not recommend to buy.

[-UKA-]
Beta Tester
64 posts
9,368 battles

I must be the odd one out here I'm loving this ship. Its no cap contender sure but its great at flanking an appearing were no one expects you.

[IRON7]
Players
600 posts
451 battles
21 hours ago, Smeggo said:

Flamu's review:

TLDW: Really terrible ship.

Apparently, this one was well named  :Smile_teethhappy:.

Players
417 posts
3,582 battles
1 hour ago, LonesomePolecat said:

Actually shes the 3rd french destroyer in game. Cyclone was 2nd...

From what I remember Cyclone was pretty bad too. Noticing a trend here.

Seriously though, Le Terrible could have done with its AA refit. That would remove a bank of torpedo tubes for some average AA (hey, its better than nothing) and make the ship truly gun focused. Then the reload could be played around with, or perhaps some extra range, and definitely better turret traverse. This ship has some pretty big guns for a DD, so surely it should have some potent AP and be able to outgun most other DD's in the mid ranges. I imagine it will suffer in T9 or 10 games when it runs into Grozovois, Tashkents or Kebabs. Or even the German hybrid DD's, they could mess it up if it got caught unawares.

Players
25 posts
266 battles

Could someone who is a developer bring up the idea of a Pan-European Tree (for countries like Poland, The Netherlands, Turkey etc.) Recently on social media, some people have been suggesting Turkish ships (ww1 ships such as Sultan Osman, German ‘Gift’ ship) and some other nations that did have ships but were not significant enough to possess their own tech trees. I suggest the Dutch navy, since they have lots of Destroyers, and have some Cruisers (or destroyers depending on how you define ship classes). I suggest the Tromp class cruiser. Would be much appreciated if a developer could get back to me soon. 

Players
25 posts
266 battles
16 hours ago, mallaway76 said:

I had to raise my eyebrows at that speed i had no choice.

It’s not every day you do 53.8 knots. 

Players
25 posts
266 battles
18 hours ago, KillSlim said:

I wonder how WG will buff it. No one reputable is recommending it so I doubt many people will buy it. It's strange to me how it's being marketed as super fast when it's utterly gigantic and easy to hit. 

Yes it should be quite easy to hit since it is a super destroyer (a light cruiser). Basically imagine a Kuma which is a Tier 8 and is a Destroyer. These ships are designed as Destroyer leaders. Look at the  Tromp class Destroyer (it’s dutch)