Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Roberto_Bee

BALANCED BATTLES

24 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
475 battles

I want more balanced games. If i have a tier 7 ship, i want tier 7 ship with and against me. I think that a lot of people want this feature.

-Sorry for bad english.

• Bad 2

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
14 minutes ago, Roberto_Bee said:

I want more balanced games. If i have a tier 7 ship, i want tier 7 ship with and against me. I think that a lot of people want this feature.

-Sorry for bad english.

and I'm sure you'll be complaining just the same when your T7 gets to club T5s all the time, like it does with current matchmaking, right? :Smile_facepalm:

And no, no one with half a braincell wants same-tier only matchmaking. That would be insanely boring.

[SKIDZ]
Players
811 posts
23 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and I'm sure you'll be complaining just the same when your T7 gets to club T5s all the time, like it does with current matchmaking, right? :Smile_facepalm:

And no, no one with half a braincell wants same-tier only matchmaking. That would be insanely boring.

Hardly

Just copy wots formula of only ever having 3 top tiers max per side unless t9 or t10

• Bad 5

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
4 minutes ago, chazwozza said:

Hardly

Just copy wots formula of only ever having 3 top tiers max per side unless t9 or t10

uh huh, because that works so well in tanks and totally is popular with everyone...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[CATS]
Players
15,380 posts
11,042 battles
50 minutes ago, Roberto_Bee said:

-Sorry for bad english.

I am pretty sure in most battles you have other Tier VII on your and the enemies side...

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles

382 games and already complaining :Smile_sceptic: Congratulations on amazing first post here! So constructive. 

[H_FAN]
Players
1,971 posts
23,423 battles
2 hours ago, Roberto_Bee said:

-Sorry for bad english.

It will be more boring, as the opponents are less varied. It will also increase waiting times. Now if you want same tier fights , play clan wars or ranked where the tier is same on all ships involved.

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles

BALANCED BATTLES

Aye aye Captain CAPSlock :Smile_honoring::Smile_facepalm:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts

-Sorry for bad english.

MM doesn't work that way I'm afraid. Being outtiered is common and you are more often on certain tiers then on others.

But when you reach Tier 10 I can guarantee you being top tier 100% of time.  :Smile_honoring:

[-AP-]
Players
725 posts
2,857 battles
2 hours ago, chazwozza said:

Hardly

That formula killed the matchmaker, as you were bottom tier most of the time, since there were only a few high tier slots in every match, so the high tier ships had nowhere to go.

I much prefer the randomness to a formula, id rather sometimes be the only t8 in a t10 fight, and sometimes be top tier, than know that i will be slightly bottom tier every single match

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
178 posts
5,792 battles

Reminds me of a time that a Yamato in my team had divisioned up with a Eire long ago when you could do such silliness.

When asked "man what were you thinking?" I was promptly told to go forth and fornicate myself.

Oh the tears and salt when my finger slipped and I accidentally shot the Eire dead  :cap_haloween:

No idea why I thought of this after reading this thread.

[UNICS]
Players
1,241 posts
15,368 battles

i vote for +-3 Match maker, just give a +100% xp modifier per tier to the lower tier boats.. And an award for killing a ship 3 tiers higher ?

• Cool 3

Players
796 posts
8,346 battles
48 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

i vote for +-3 Match maker, just give a +100% xp modifier per tier to the lower tier boats.. And an award for killing a ship 3 tiers higher ?

Yeah so I can kill Gulio Cesares with my Mikase. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[UNICS]
Players
1,241 posts
15,368 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Yeah so I can kill Gulio Cesares with my Mikase. :Smile_trollface:

would be nice , for achieving it you should get 5 of each special flags Ouroboros , wivern type flags, ect  + bragging rights :P

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
8 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

would be nice , for achieving it you should get 5 of each special flags Ouroboros , wivern type flags, ect  + bragging rights :P

only problem with that is, Kamikaze is a thing that exists... not like that would have any trouble against T8 BBs (or hell, even against T8 DDs as long as you have the brain to avoid getting caught)...

• Funny 1

Players
796 posts
8,346 battles
8 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

only problem with that is, Kamikaze is a thing that exists... not like that would have any trouble against T8 BBs (or hell, even against T8 DDs as long as you have the brain to avoid getting caught)...

image.png.30a50cd4a9baf04b069ba68c027d1364.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.2ede8dce7a79b7e3f624c0a80262cf7d.jpeg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Players
1,102 posts
7,416 battles

Torpedo boat destroyers cope better with being uptiered than any other class, though. If you can stealth torp, you can kill battleships. The thing that would be a problem for Kamizake would be speedy adversaries, and there are plenty of those at higher tiers. 

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

I want +/-3 tier MM.

Also, I want my Umikaze to be able to division with T4-T5 ships. Being stuck to the lowest tiers is boring.

Beta Tester
1,893 posts
6,228 battles
11 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

I want +/-3 tier MM.

Also, I want my Umikaze to be able to division with T4-T5 ships. Being stuck to the lowest tiers is boring.

What i would do too have the chance to see again a Umikaze rek a Yamato... Oh the good'ol days :cap_tea:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,896 posts
14,234 battles
55 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

I want +/-3 tier MM.

Spoiler

PZ3qIHn.jpg

Fun times. :Smile_trollface:

Players
967 posts
7,565 battles

I used to feel more strongly about getting +1/-1 MM. Maybe it was part of being a 50% guy instead of a 60% guy. Going against a Colorado in a New York feels kind of rough when you're struggling with the game anyway.

IMO, you just need to keep in mind, if you're the bottom tier, the MM has given the enemy a bottom tier ship as well. It's unlikely to be a game where you dominate -- but if you do better than the enemy's bottom tier guy, that's all that's asked of you. And being bottom tier doesn't make it "impossible to win" as is often stated -- in fact it shouldn't affect your win rate at all.

It's largely a psychology thing IMO -- you can make the MM a problem for yourself or you can live with it.

WoWS is really forgiving in that you can always hurt the other guy, even as bottom tier.

• Cool 2

[AS13]
Players
2,242 posts
2,256 battles
22 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

382 games and already complaining :Smile_sceptic: Congratulations on amazing first post here! So constructive. 

382 battles and playing T7, I don't know why (I know how...). 

I have my first T8 BB now... LOL. Earned it. 

BTW that goes well. I mean, for the other half... T7....

Spoiler

shot-18_10.28_00.03_10-0546.thumb.jpg.fd8ff69ff3c21a91838c5f19227623d1.jpg

Sign in to follow this