_Montagne

Khabarovsk Torpedo Poll

Khabarovsk Torpedo  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should Khabarovsk be given a seperate ugrade for torpedoes?

• Old 10km Torps
    • Only having 6km Torps
    • Other Torpedo Ideas

19 comments in this topic

[RAGE]
Players
42 posts
10,843 battles

Does Khaba need an upgrade?

Is Khaba fine as it is?

How do u see Khaba currently? :cap_like:

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,039 battles

I think she is fine....

image.thumb.png.6034d3b915432b90dae53c4f9cf15e7c.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20181020/eu_2month/average_ship.html

I would prefer to have her 8km torpedos back. That way you can at least try to play her more DD like. Now WG just says: "Play her as a cruiser without citadel or suck".

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

I would prefer to have her 8km torpedos back.

That would be a good compromise between the old and current ranges. With the legendary mod it would still leave a 1km gap between spotting range and max torp range, and without it would just barely be below a full stealth build's spotting.

• Cool 1

[ARYA]
Players
427 posts
8,778 battles

i don't know why people prefer khaba over trashkan she has more range on torps and guns ...

[DPT]
Players
251 posts
7,992 battles

I am honestly not in favour of buffing her.

She is currently pretty strong and any buff you give her just take her closer to OP territory which in turn takes her closer to being nerfed again... 

12 hours ago, Atorpad said:

i don't know why people prefer khaba over trashkan she has more range on torps and guns ...

A bit less range than Tashkent but higher rof, additional turret, 50mm troll armor,  better speed. 

Pre LM Khaba I would agree. With LM she plays like the good old days and dominates just everything.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,401 posts
6,368 battles
14 hours ago, Atorpad said:

Me neither. Tashkent has better concealment, better torps and amazing firing arcs.

Imo khaba needs at least 8km torps, because 6 is just useless at tier 10

• Cool 1

Players
417 posts
3,597 battles
2 hours ago, Desteban said:

A bit less range than Tashkent but higher rof, additional turret, 50mm troll armor,  better speed. 

Pre LM Khaba I would agree. With LM she plays like the good old days and dominates just everything.

LM as in legendary module? What are the buffs and trade offs for the Kebab's module? I must say I'm enjoying Tashkent a lot right now (I believe it holds my damage record and is certainly my favourite ship right now), so can't wait to take that to the next level with Khabarovsk. If it is worth it, that is...

[DPT]
Players
251 posts
7,992 battles
9 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

LM as in legendary module? What are the buffs and trade offs for the Kebab's module? I must say I'm enjoying Tashkent a lot right now (I believe it holds my damage record and is certainly my favourite ship right now), so can't wait to take that to the next level with Khabarovsk. If it is worth it, that is...

Yes, LM has:

• –6% to main battery loading time.
  • +8% to main battery maximum firing range.
  • –13% to main turrets traverse speed.

So if you build a gunboat this thing will make her the uncontested King of DDs.

With AFT you range should be somewhere like 14.6 km I think and with BFT and AR you should be able to see a reload of around 3.3 seconds.

With SI you have 26k health + 50mm side armor which makes her very resilient. 

Well I don't know if I qualify as a source though since I am obviously biased. Khaba is my most played, most successfull ship.

But if you are searching for a true gunboat, it won't get any gunboatier than Khabarovsk, thats for sure.

• Cool 1

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles

The old torps were nice since you could throw them out every now and then while gunning around and actually hit something once in a while. The new ET-46 torps don't see nearly as much use, but they're actually really effective within their 6km range since they're just so darn stealthy. Even DDs have trouble dodging them. All in all I'm not sure what would be best. The Kebab is fine as it is, and I like the uniqueness of the torps, but having a bit longer range would be nice.

I haven't actually played the new tier 9 Tashkent, but I don't think she's nearly as tanky as the Kebab, which is a clear minus for me. The lack of the fourth turret is also significant.

I don't have the legendary upgrade yet, but I'm not sure I'll use it since I kinda like having an almost DD-like rudder shift. It's way better for brawling and dodging shells, which I find myself doing a lot.

[OM]
Players
2,745 posts
12,203 battles
18 hours ago, Desteban said:

Yes, LM has:

• –6% to main battery loading time.
  • +8% to main battery maximum firing range.
  • –13% to main turrets traverse speed.

So if you build a gunboat this thing will make her the uncontested King of DDs.

With AFT you range should be somewhere like 14.6 km I think and with BFT and AR you should be able to see a reload of around 3.3 seconds.

With SI you have 26k health + 50mm side armor which makes her very resilient. 

Well I don't know if I qualify as a source though since I am obviously biased. Khaba is my most played, most successfull ship.

But if you are searching for a true gunboat, it won't get any gunboatier than Khabarovsk, thats for sure.

But you'll lose the second ruddershift upgrade. So legendary modul isn't a no-brainer for me.

Might work great with smoke, but i like the "run-and-gun" style more.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
1,782 posts
16,146 battles

good old khaba :Smile_smile:

Spoiler

But even after all nerfs its still good fun ship (when you dont catch torps in first 2mins like in my last game). Looking forward to LM

[DPT]
Players
251 posts
7,992 battles
56 minutes ago, wanninger17 said:

But you'll lose the second ruddershift upgrade. So legendary modul isn't a no-brainer for me.

Might work great with smoke, but i like the "run-and-gun" style more.

I never said anything about smoke ... :Smile_trollface:

On paper the rudder looks absolutely trash, but lets face it. Khaba turns like a brick, with or without the rudder upgrade. 

I just point her in a general direction and shoot off with 48kts. At 12km+ you are basically invincible.

And if you are fast  you don't need to have much rudder input to initiate a turn so it really doesn't feel that bad.

Had even a game with a friend where we took the middle cap on mountain range while both being spotted and farming some BBs.

It was hillarious because half the enemy team was shooting, shima torping us and nothing hit so we successfully capped. 

Khaba is a brick but a very fast one and at range the shell flight time gets exponentially worse so it gets very difficult to hit her even with Moskva or Zao.

[OM]
Players
2,745 posts
12,203 battles
17 minutes ago, Desteban said:

I never said anything about smoke ... :Smile_trollface:

On paper the rudder looks absolutely trash, but lets face it. Khaba turns like a brick, with or without the rudder upgrade. 

I just point her in a general direction and shoot off with 48kts. At 12km+ you are basically invincible.

And if you are fast  you don't need to have much rudder input to initiate a turn so it really doesn't feel that bad.

Had even a game with a friend where we took the middle cap on mountain range while both being spotted and farming some BBs.

It was hillarious because half the enemy team was shooting, shima torping us and nothing hit so we successfully capped. 

Khaba is a brick but a very fast one and at range the shell flight time gets exponentially worse so it gets very difficult to hit her even with Moskva or Zao.

I just don't see the huge benefit of legendary upgrade. Sure more range and more dpm, but at the same time you might want to stay further away to dodge the same way you can with 2nd rudder modul. At ~14km you won't hit enemies as easy as you can at ~12km. Further away --> lower hit-percentage, kind of neutralising your higher dpm.

For me LM is not just a "straight upgrade" or must-have for Khaba.

[DPT]
Players
251 posts
7,992 battles

@wanninger17 I had the double rudder an engine upgrade before the LM. The Idea of making Khaba even more sluggish felt like heresy to me.

I tried a few cpt builds with the LM in coop after I got it and I wasn't impressed at all. By pure chance I forgot someday I still had the LM equipped and took her for

a round into a random battle. She performed so good I fell in love with her. Give the LM a chance to impress you and if you still don't like it just unequip it.

I do have to admit though there seem to be several ways to successfully play Khaba than just the way I do it.

So by all means do what works best for you.

[IRON7]
Players
600 posts
455 battles

Is not the Khabarovsk powerful enough already?

Power creep anyone?

[BAD-B]
Players
742 posts
2,427 battles
On 10/29/2018 at 2:47 PM, antean said:

Is not the Khabarovsk powerful enough already?

Power creep anyone?

the Khabarovsk is powerful when you play it like a light cruiser. However in that case a Mino or Worcester are much more useful to the team ....

Unfortunately MM still does not discriminate DDs on concealment, so you can end up being the liability if you get matched up against any other DD in a Domination game (happened quite a few times to me).

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles
On 10/28/2018 at 7:35 AM, domen3 said:

Me neither. Tashkent has better concealment, better torps and amazing firing arcs.

Imo khaba needs at least 8km torps, because 6 is just useless at tier 10

Khaba does not need Torps.... no... you only use her torps to bitchslap the bbbabies dare following you other than that she has excllent guns great speed and wants to be seen.

It's like a singer taking front stage you want to be noticed. ;)

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,401 posts
6,368 battles
1 hour ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Khaba does not need Torps.... no... you only use her torps to bitchslap the bbbabies dare following you other than that she has excllent guns great speed and wants to be seen.

No, it does not need them, but it would be nice if it had them anyway. With 6km they might aswell not be there.

• Cool 1

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles
5 hours ago, The_Reichtangle said:

3 hours ago, domen3 said:

No, it does not need them, but it would be nice if it had them anyway. With 6km they might aswell not be there.

Kebab 6km torps can be used for ambushes, rushes and knife-fights with other DDs. They're still lethal within their range and hard to dodge despite their low speed. By now you should've learned how to use the standard RU short range torps so ambushes shouldn't be too hard to pull off if needed.

That said, most of your time should be spent going fast and loud. Torpedo strikes is something you go for when the opportunity presents itself.

• Cool 1