Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Special "Daily Shipments" offer in premium shop (requires you to be logged in)

23 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,023 posts
3,675 battles

So it boils down to: "you pay 15€, and you get access to a "mission". And then you have to be in the game for 7 days (out of 28) to get your money's worth out of it, and 14 days (out of 28) to fully benefit from the "free" doubloons you get on top of it. Is WG getting this desperate to pump up (dwindling?) retention rates? And what can you still do with Doubloons nowadays, with the vast majority of the premium ships culled from the techtree in 0.7.1... that leaves: port-slots, perma-camo's, XP-conversions and premium time.

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/10994/

Grab your daily doubloons bonus for logging in to the game! This and other goodies are available via a newly added in-game section called "Daily Shipments".

Once you buy it, you'll be able to claim you daily bonus of 450 doubloons, 14 times, and all you need to do is log in to the game. It doesn't matter whether you do it every day or with intervals. This way, you can claim a maximum of 6,300 doubloons which is 50% more than the amount of doubloons you can usually buy for the same price.

Doubloons will be issued via a dedicated screen once you log in to the game. You can also track your daily bonuses in the Daily Shipments section.

Please note that the calendar for the "Daily Shipments: Doubloons" bundle will be activated once you log in to the game, and will be available for 28 days from that point. To claim your daily bonus, activate the calendar before December 2, 2018 because on December 31, 2018 all calendars for the "Daily Shipments: Doubloons" bundle will be removed.

• Cool 2

Players
1,362 posts
5,356 battles
24 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

So it boils down to: "you pay 15€, and you get access to a mission. And then you have to be in the game for 7 days (out of 28) to get your money's worth out of it, and 14 days (out of 28) to fully benefit from the "free" doubloons you get on top of it.

Not quite as there is no "mission". It works exactly like the current daily "log-in" bonus that we've been running for about 2 months now, only instead of getting 3 signals or 500XP or 200 Coal etc everyday you log-in you get 450 doubloons instead and it's displayed using the new "Daily Shipments" screen which you will start to see at first log-in - Everyone else see's this new screen from 31st Oct - I'm wondering if this might be a test of it?

So log-in 14 times over a month (not play, just log-in) and collect your 6750 doubloons (6300 daily + 450 bonus) at 50% discount of their original cost.

However I agree with your comment about WG trying to increase daily retention rates. In the past 2 months we've had "log-in daily for a bonus", the new Daily Missions (awards for 3, 9 & 20 completions) and the the RN missions too. I know the RN mission have increased my limited amount of playing time from maybe 10-20 games per week to 50+.

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles

It's an interesting concept, combining a deal with a prerequisite.

Getting 14x450 + 450 doubloons for 15.99€? A good deal if you need dubs.

15.99€ will net you 4180 doubloons if you buy it normally. So that's a 2570 dub difference, or 10.21€ saved.

Looking at it from the perspective of someone interested in buying doubloons, I can say it's a deal I might take.

Especially since we never get straightforward doubloon discounts.

PS: I have no problem with WG trying to improve retention/participation rates. A game few people are playing is a boring game.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
27 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Is WG getting this desperate to pump up (dwindling?) retention rates?

Could be.

Ive added 7 ppl to the clan in the last 3 months - none of them is currently playing anymore.

With all the crap WG is pouring into the game, it doesnt feel like playing anymore, it feels like work when you want to have everything that is offered for free, because of the sheer mass.

- Daily login bonus (well, that expired but gets replaced with daily shipment)

- Daily missions (which require atleast 6 battles to fulfill)

- Campaigns

- RN Arc + Hall of fame

- Some other mission sets (Kitty Purrfürst, Ovechkin, Legendary Modules, many more...)

- Ranked / Sprint / Clanwars (which offer different rewards, like Steel) luckily they unified most missions to be done in ANY gamemode, but this wasnt always, like Arms Race being left out. Problem this creates, that you have to play different gamemodes for your missions, even if you would want to play something else.

I think WG should cut down a little bit. It might lower playerbase momentarily, but maybe improve the gameplay ?

• Cool 10

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,354 battles
25 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Could be.

Ive added 7 ppl to the clan in the last 3 months - none of them is currently playing anymore.

With all the crap WG is pouring into the game, it doesnt feel like playing anymore, it feels like work when you want to have everything that is offered for free, because of the sheer mass.

- Campaigns

- RN Arc + Hall of fame

- Some other mission sets (Kitty Purrfürst, Ovechkin, Legendary Modules, many more...)

- Ranked / Sprint / Clanwars (which offer different rewards, like Steel) luckily they unified most missions to be done in ANY gamemode, but this wasnt always, like Arms Race being left out. Problem this creates, that you have to play different gamemodes for your missions, even if you would want to play something else.

I think WG should cut down a little bit. It might lower playerbase momentarily, but maybe improve the gameplay ?

I personally play more (2-3 hours a day) when there is a lot of missions to do and play a lot less when there is nothing running only random games (2-3 games a day).

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,164 battles

Eh.

It's an ok offer if you log in often anyway, but given how limited use doubloons are it's not really a big deal. You basically end up paying half the cost with your time.

As for other daily events and stuff... Dunno, I think WG are missing the point. Since they typically require T5+ ships, they're not helping them retain new players, and there's so much of it that it's kind of offputting if you've already played the game a while. Sure, I do play more thanks to the events, but I also tire of the game more quickly.

I feel they're taking two steps forwards and then one step behind all the time. I liked the RN arc to begin with, but the last two weeks they've been moving back into "annoyingly grindy" territory. And we're not really talking about huge changes, IMO they just need to reduce the number of necessary tasks to get to the next stage by one, and it would have been fine. But as it currently stands, I'm starting to get irritated by it (like with previous events).

Oh, and can we get rid of the win requirement for daily missions? The only thing it does is make losses even more irritating than they'd normally be.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,105 battles

The offer's useful if you'd be playing anyway, and still have a use for doubloons; I tick both boxes, so it works for me - I can see it being rather 'meh' for more established and/or occasional players though.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,408 posts
Vor 19 Minuten, Uglesett sagte:

but given how limited use doubloons are it's not really a big deal.

on the other hand players are complaining that they don't get cheap doubloons when they buy ships they already own or don't get doubloons as compensation when getting an already owned premium ship with a mission...

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

And what to buy with them 'bloons?!

And it is not such a great offer, is just slightly better than the PayPal one, that offers amost the same amount, 6250 (compared with 6300), at a bit more money (1-2 euro more).

Weekend Tester
555 posts
5,067 battles

Given the plethora of other in-game currencies that WG has introduced and the old age of most of the in-game premium ships, Doubloons are rapidly becoming obsolete. Apart from occasional captain retraining, what is the point of locking up cash in Doubloons?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts

Unless it is 450 doubloons daily for 14 days for 15€, then someone is drunk again.

Edit: looks like it is, so nothing really wrong with this offer.

5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

You got a point there. Amount of stuff is just waaaaaay too great. It looks like WG is trying to sqeeze everything they can from players, when they still have interest in the game, before dumping it for good.

- Campaigns

- RN Arc + Hall of fame

- Ranked / Sprint / Clanwars (which offer different rewards, like Steel) luckily they unified most missions to be done in ANY gamemode, but this wasnt always, like Arms Race being left out. Problem this creates, that you have to play different gamemodes for your

Makes you think how average potato is supposed to follow all of this. Quite opposite to 'simplifying' the game.

Same goes for nerfing OP premiums. Might hit sale numbers for a while, but in the long run would be benefitial.

Think of Belfast. There is RN event going on and you cannot even get most iconic WWII british cruiser.

• Cool 2

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,748 battles

I'll be taking that, that's less £ than 2 months premium account, which I can buy with the dubs and have 1750 left over for demounts and sundries, nice deal.

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
1 hour ago, Skyllon said:

Makes you think how average potato is supposed to follow all of this. Quite opposite to 'simplifying' the game.

Thats a very good point, which i thought about myself. Look at Port UI compared to like 2 years ago. And then it even is slow af.

Lets not forget about hundreds of ships with different stats/gimmicks, overmatch mechanics, BBs basicly without Citadel, Premium ships where you cant even SEE the stats... List goes on.

If you check below the surface, there is nothing simple about the game. F.e. i can play a Gneisenau and shoot a Nelson through the Bow and even Citadel it. Then i go to Bismarck, try the same with a T8 BB - never works. Trial and error? You cant even know if you are unlucky or not, another example is Bayern: Upper bow overmatcheable and lower bow not. You could sit 2 Bayerns bow on to each other, the one deals 0 damage when he aims too low, the other one can deal 10k.

Its basicly impossible to get the information in game - even when you can see armor values and caliber in game, you dont have the value 14,3 which is relevant for overmatching (basicly same with HE 1/4 pen or 1/6 pen).

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,345 posts
9,223 battles

I thought about this for 10 seconds, then realised I wasn't going to spend any money anyways because I don't find it good value. Just a clever means to get people to part with money is all, with an offer designed to draw you in and part with some cash. Would've been far better if they simply offered you 6300 dubloons straight up for the same price without all the fanfare. This stuff is so transperant and 'yesterday', do people still fall for this?

[L7P]
Beta Tester
30 posts
7,025 battles

Simple WOWS is overpriced now, drop prices retain players. Less premiums, more information so players can make informed decisions as to release dates, discounts, etc.

Selling like its a short term concept just drives players away. Slow down Chill a little WG.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,971 posts
23,423 battles
On 10/26/2018 at 12:36 PM, DFens_666 said:

Could be.

- Campaigns

- RN Arc + Hall of fame

I may agree that there are many things, but I prefer that to being no/few activities.

You must learn to ration your play, learn to accept to jump over some things. I do not play clan wars f.e. makes it easier so there you have a gap automatically.

For me is more the problem to miss a activity/mission that I want to do. And to have overview - the missions with all Legendary upgrades is gigantic...

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
22 hours ago, 22cm said:

And what to buy with them 'bloons?!

And it is not such a great offer, is just slightly better than the PayPal one, that offers amost the same amount, 6250 (compared with 6300), at a bit more money (1-2 euro more).

It's actually  6750 Doubloons (450 + 14*450).
I use them for TX perma-camo and some premium time. Quite a good deal for me.

• Cool 1

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles

Why I dont see in game this new section ''daily shipment''?

I log in today and I didnt get anything, not even those few flags you get.

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
30 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Why I dont see in game this new section ''daily shipment''?

I log in today and I didnt get anything, not even those few flags you get.

Have you bought the 15.99€ doubloon package? Because the daily shipment section goes live on the 31st October, but those who bought the doubloons get an earlier access to get their dubs.

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Have you bought the 15.99€ doubloon package? Because the daily shipment section goes live on the 31st October, but those who bought the doubloons get an earlier access to get their dubs.

I dont know what is that offern, never heard of it. But even so I wont spend my money just to get access in that in game feature. Its really dumb method.

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

I dont know what is that offern, never heard of it. But even so I wont spend my money just to get access in that in game feature. Its really dumb method.

You miss the point, the OP talked about the shop offer. Everyone gets access to the daily shipments when they go live.

The shop offer uses the system a few days earlier.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles

I bought a car the other day and payed full price in advance.

Each day I have to drive to the dealers (and do some other stuff) and I get one part.

Currently I have 2 wheels, one seat and a tail light. My wife is delighted.

giphy.gif

• Funny 4

Players
2,814 posts
12,775 battles
13 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I bought a car the other day and payed full price in advance.

Each day I have to drive to the dealers (and do some other stuff) and I get one part.

Currently I have 2 wheels, one seat and a tail light. My wife is delighted.

giphy.gif

Reminds me of this -  Johnny Cash - One Piece At A Time

Youtube link to song

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this