You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AnEvilJoke

[Possible Spoiler inside for Season 3] Watched "The Man in the High Castle" the other night...

26 comments in this topic

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles

There were some scenes...I'll admit I needed a tissuepaper after the first...

Just want to share it with thouse who don't know the show...

20b4bcf18ae5b9ea429f700f2b6cd91e.jpg

• Cool 5

[GWDYS]
Players
360 posts
2,844 battles

the show is pretty good and i hope the good guys are gonna win (germans of course) and destroy any pathethic resistance 

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
25 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

the series is amazing, i'm already waiting for season 4 ( or rather, season 3 part 2)

11 minutes ago, Asakka said:

the show is pretty good and i hope the good guys are gonna win (germans of course) and destroy any pathethic resistance 

I've already seen all 10 episodes, need spoiler? :cap_haloween::cap_horn:

[PMI]
Players
2,486 posts
5,888 battles

Bothers me they released the 3rd season in 1 go, do they not understand people have weakneses? That weak individuals practically bingewatched the 10 and a half hours in one sitting?

And yeah, that SF bay take with the load of yamato class ships (altho they look a bit short?) its a killer.

• Cool 2

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
28 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Bothers me they released the 3rd season in 1 go, do they not understand people have weakneses? That weak individuals practically bingewatched the 10 and a half hours in one sitting?

And yeah, that SF bay take with the load of yamato class ships (altho they look a bit short?) its a killer.

Yeah, I watched all 10 Episodes in one go...because I can! :cap_haloween:

Different "Topic":

Anyone know which Cruisers are shown in the first clip?

I mean Yamato (or a refitted Musashi) is obvious and the Carrier is  most likely the refitted Taiho (post-war flightdeck) but I never really cared about the japanese Cruisers...

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,645 posts
5,361 battles
22 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

I mean Yamato (or a refitted Musashi) is obvious and the Carrier is  most likely the refitted Taiho (post-war flightdeck) but I never really cared about the japanese Cruisers...

They look like Mogami class, with the 10x8" guns - those are the only actual in service ships with that particular turret layout - not sure about paper designs, but could be Ibuki, in WoWs terms (unlikely though).

Great season, although not in a binge session - last episode didn't feel like the end of a season to me, but certainly left the story hanging on 3 particular moments.

[PMI]
Players
2,486 posts
5,888 battles
7 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

What is this? a ripoff of Wolfestein the new order/new collosous?

The other way around.

[GWDYS]
Players
360 posts
2,844 battles
2 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

I've already seen all 10 episodes, need spoiler? :cap_haloween::cap_horn:

Iam good since i saw the whole season the day it went on torrents :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
440 posts
7,501 battles
49 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

More likely this (and other books) is where Wolfenstein got it's inspiration from for the storyline.

edit: I really shouldn't take 45 minutes to post my comment without refreshing first

[KAKE]
Players
892 posts
3,152 battles
49 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

:fish_palm:

• Cool 1

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
59 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

I'll try to explain it without any major spoiler...

The Axis Powers won WWII and (in the books) the world is now devided between Imperialist Italy, the Japanese National State and the Greater German Reich with it's client states (the later two in the series).

The USA are devided into japanese Colonies (Pacific Coast) the Neutral Zone (Rocky Mountains to the border of Mexico) and well Germany.

In the books and the series you follow the lifes of different people living in each of the zones of this new america in the 1960s.

The Axis did not win because of some fancy new Tech or something but because Hitler did get his hands on Films showing alternate realities. And thus he could change his chause of action properly to win.

Map how it is in the books:

i0APhFt.png

Map how it is in the series:

9qtcnj0k0jhy.png

At first I didn't watch it, because the series differs a great deal from the books but out of boredom I gave it a try and now I'm hooked... :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
2,486 posts
5,888 battles

As a PSA, have had people that could not watch it because they are brutally sensitive to the look and feel of the series.

Watchers beware, its a well done movie/series, but a movie/series nonetheless.

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,024 posts
7,342 battles

Oh well, I guess what I could do during the weekend then.

Spoiler

Play WoWs ofc :Smile_trollface:

Thanks for the headsup anyways, ate the first two seasons during summer and was left hungry for more.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,645 posts
5,361 battles
47 minutes ago, Juanx said:

As a PSA, have had people that could not watch it because they are brutally sensitive to the look and feel of the series.

Watchers beware, its a well done movie/series, but a movie/series nonetheless.

Yup, it is quite dark, my better half refuses to watch it, she made it partway through the first episode of season 1... having said that, she doesn't like the portrayal of violence in any sort of realistic way.

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
2 hours ago, Juanx said:

1 hour ago, philjd said:

Yup, it is quite dark, my better half refuses to watch it, she made it partway through the first episode of season 1... having said that, she doesn't like the portrayal of violence in any sort of realistic way.

Warning:

Spoilers and political commentary inside...

Remember in Season 2 when Giulianna seeks asylum in the Reich? When my Grandfather (Born 1923 in the USSR) saw the scenes after she had her medical exam, he said that this reminds him of "home" (Russia under Stalin). And all the new scenes in Season 3, how the nazis try to rewrite history, indoctrinate the young, smelt the liberty bell into a swastika and blow up lady liberty...

https://www.dailysignal.com/2017/06/14/left-trying-rewrite-american-history-must-stop/

https://www.mindingthecampus.org/2017/08/07/yes-campus-indoctrination-is-real/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4194048/KATIE-HOPKINS-liberal-brainwashing-schools.html

I said it years ago...

F*ck gore, that's whats freighten me the most about this series...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts
8 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

There were some scenes...I'll admit I needed a tissuepaper after the first...

Just want to share it with thouse who don't know the show...

(...)

Go away...

I have no time as it is and you're making me interested in yet another tv show...

Sigh...

• Cool 1

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
Just now, Skyllon said:

Go away...

I have no time as it is and you're making me interested in yet another tv show...

Sigh...

Your own fault, watching all the sh*t they spit out!

There are currently (my opinion) only 3 series that are a must watch:

Vikings

The Expanse

Man in the High Castle

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts
13 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Your own fault, watching all the sh*t they spit out!

Lol, if I only had time to watch anything.

I prefer one-season tv shows though or limited to 12 episodes or shorter then 30 minutes.

The Terror would be good example.

With Sci-Fi theme though (from the top of my head), I'd add Counterpart and Westworld. Both have interesting premise.

Moderators
6 posts
67 battles

Hello guys, I just moved the thread to Offtopic.

Remember to always try to find the best section for your posts!

Ontopic: That looks gorgeous, time to bingewatch

• Cool 2

Players
1,463 posts
3,725 battles

Something about seeing a helicopter land on the aft of the Yamato is just awesome.

Also, that carrier - pretty certain it must be a refit Taihou or something - are those jets on the flight deck?:cap_look:

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
3,511 battles
12 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

As someone said earlier, the cruisers shown are 95% certain Mogamis with the 203s. They seem to have enjoyed the addition of a radar as well but no conversion to a seaplane carrier was made (you can see the back guns on the cruiser in the back). Carrier could be the Shinano or Taiho based on the funnel, but the flight deck is flush with the hull so definitely Taiho. What seems weird to me is the complete absence of additional/improved AA guns; in fact, the only differences between those ships and the real ones in 1944 are the radars and the helicopter landing pad. Then again I don't think many viewers noticed...

Players
1,588 posts
6,372 battles
1 hour ago, Moristopheles said:

What seems weird to me is the complete absence of additional/improved AA guns; in fact, the only differences between those ships and the real ones in 1944 are the radars and the helicopter landing pad. Then again I don't think many viewers noticed...

This is most likely because in the books the attack on Pearl Harbor was an actual battle, the entire pacific fleet was destroyed and Hawaii was occupied for a few weeks. No american carrier equals no threat by them.

Also Franklin D. Roosevelt was assassinated (the event which also starts to split the timeline) so the US still didn't recover from the Great Depression and maintained an isolationist philosophy.

• Cool 1