You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FukushuNL

Jean Bart and Bourgogne

279 comments in this topic

[BODEM]
Players
102 posts
4,545 battles

Been saving up free XP as long as I play and when coal became a thing, saved that too. Now I'm only 1000s away from the 750k fxp and can buy the Musashi with coal and the coupon. Now apart from the discussion which ship is best in the fxp and coal department, my ships of choice are the Musashi, Jean Bart and Bourgogne. but although I can virtually buy the Musashi either way, where the jean Bart and Bourgogne will land in the premium places is still a big mystery. So as long as info about how to buy the 2 French BBs still is unavailable, I can't get Yamato's sister.  But that's something I have to live with and not the point of this thread. 

Well, not much is, though :) I was just curious where you think the two Frenchies will land. I think Bourgogne in the arsenal for as much as Salem, or more. And I guess Jean Bart will probably be the next fxp ship. 

Also, looking forward to both BBs as to what either will play like in the final build.

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,213 battles
14 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

Been saving up free XP as long as I play and when coal became a thing, saved that too. Now I'm only 1000s away from the 750k fxp and can buy the Musashi with coal and the coupon. Now apart from the discussion which ship is best in the fxp and coal department, my ships of choice are the Musashi, Jean Bart and Bourgogne. but although I can virtually buy the Musashi either way, where the jean Bart and Bourgogne will land in the premium places is still a big mystery. So as long as info about how to buy the 2 French BBs still is unavailable, I can't get Yamato's sister.  But that's something I have to live with and not the point of this thread. 

Well, not much is, though :) I was just curious where you think the two Frenchies will land. I think Bourgogne in the arsenal for as much as Salem, or more. And I guess Jean Bart will probably be the next fxp ship. 

Also, looking forward to both BBs as to what either will play like in the final build.

It would have been helpful to put that part to the top of your post.

Took me quite some time to figure out what your post is actually about.

[NED]
Players
1,662 posts
6,206 battles

Well the Bourgogne is a tier X and the only other tier X ship with semi-premium status in game is the for Coal purchasable Salem so i would expect it to be for Coal as well.

Jean bart is a tier 9 and that is the tier where we see free xp premium ships so that is my guess.

But i expect the Alaska to come out before those ships also as a free xp ship and the one i am most excited about.

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,199 posts
1,459 battles

I aim saving coal for some sort of tier 10 ship, Salem doesn't appeal but like the looks of the Bourgogne but likely by the time I have enough coal for it another one probably will have come out.

I presuming Alaska and Jean Bart will eventually be available for coal or free XP, I have approaching 900k free XP at the moment and I'm leaning towards the Alaska. 

Don't have Mushashi, but it doesn't appeal though I would eventually want a Yamato, not sure I want one with wonky guns even if it is lower tier. 

Then I'll either keep saving the free XP for the Nelson or the next free XP ship which I am hoping is going to be a DD. 

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,230 posts
4,125 battles

I would kill for some closer info on tier IX Richelieu Jean Bart or tier X Alsace Borgougne release date.

I still kinda fail to see the point of getting the Alaska when you can have the Kronshtadt with more DPM, balistics, HP, armour and penetration (bar the improved angles).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
179 posts
3,653 battles

Jean Beart is still in testing because of the reload booster was considered too powerful and has been nerfed.

I spoke with a CC and he said me that Bourgogne is still in the early phase of testing: they tested the guns with the new parameters and the boost with Alsace B hull, now they changed secondaries and AA and added the camo, but there will be months of testing ahead...

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,213 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I still kinda fail to see the point of getting the Alaska when you can have the Kronshtadt with more DPM, balistics, HP, armour and penetration (bar the improved angles).

Alaska will probably offer way more cruiser-like playstyle. 

[NED]
Players
1,662 posts
6,206 battles
4 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I would kill for some closer info on tier IX Richelieu Jean Bart or tier X Alsace Borgougne release date.

Simple Alaska does not have bent guns.

• Funny 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,230 posts
4,125 battles
13 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Simple Alaska does not have bent guns.

What did he mean by this? The russiantm accuracy?

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
6,357 battles

Pretty much what others said. Alaska and Jean Bart for Free XP and Bourgogne for Coal...I'm sitting on 1.1mil free xp right now, and also have enough coal for a tier 10 so I can't wait.

*edited*

• Funny 1

[NED]
Players
1,662 posts
6,206 battles
9 minutes ago, Blixies said:

What did he mean by this? The russiantm accuracy?

The kron shells disperse way to much.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,230 posts
4,125 battles
4 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

The kron shells disperse way to much.

Well, if I wanted a precise American sniping machine, I would play my Missouri.

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,213 battles
20 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Well, if I wanted a precise American sniping machine, I would play my Missouri.

Missouri cannot play around the caps like Alaska. 

Missouri should just play like a BB and use its radar in an opportunistic way. 

Modder
4,001 posts
7,107 battles
9 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Missouri cannot play around the caps like Alaska. 

Why not?

Both are somehow same long.

Both are quite same maneuverable.

Both have the same turret setup (AB-X).

Both have 9.x km radar.

I see not much point to get the Alaska, when you already have the Missouri.

Advantages of the Missouri are:

- better guns

- better (base) AA

- better HP-Pool

- better armour

Advantages of the Alaska are:

- AA-consumable

- better AP-penetration angles

I have the Missouri, but I see no points in spending money or coal or Free-XP in that ship.

• Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,230 posts
4,125 battles
10 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Why not?

Both have the same turret setup (AB-X).

Both have 9.x km radar.

I see not much point to get the Alaska, when you already have the Missouri.

- better guns

- better (base) AA

- better HP-Pool

- better armour

- AA-consumable

I have the Missouri, but I see no points in spending money or coal or Free-XP in that ship.

My sentiments exactly.
The Missouri also has better AP dpm (by a bit) and MUCH better HE dpm (not like you need to be using it on the Mo much anyway).

But I'm sure the Alaska has some other unmentioned advantages - for example acceleration? It has to be at least a bit more nimble, right?

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,230 posts
4,125 battles
4 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I only wonder: Jean Bart OR Bourgogne?

What is the better ship (tier-for-tier)?

My tip would be Bourgogne - the tier X Alsace with reload booster is my dream ship.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,213 battles
24 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Why not?

Alaska has

• +41% power to weight ratio
  • -33% ruddershift
  • -70m turning circle 

- better guns

Depends on what you are shooting.

Alaska will be better against DDs, which is what you want to shoot if you get that close.

That is because it will be significantly more accurate and will have a higher rate of fire. Both are important when you can only use 6 guns.

- better (base) AA

- better HP-Pool

- better armour

It is also easier to fire/flood.

- AA-consumable

What about Hydro ?

Totally not useful around the caps...

Also that Missouri AA will never save you from a TX CV at the cap, but Alaskas Def AA will. Not only because of the x3 multiplier, but also because of the panic effect to the planes.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,230 posts
4,125 battles
7 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Depends on what you are shooting.

Alaska will be better against DDs, which is what you want to shoot if you get that close.

That is because it will be significantly more accurate and will have a higher rate of fire. Both are very important when you can only use 6 guns.

Only if they fix the full AP penetration on DDs though. Until then, having two salvos at your disposal during the radar under 9 km, I would pick the Missouri to shoot ANY DD.

Also what do you mean the Mo is easier to burn and flood? They both have the same chance to be set on fire and the Missouri has better flooding protection (Missouri has 25% probability and the Alaska has 29%).

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,213 battles
12 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Only if they fix the full AP penetration on DDs though. Until then, having two salvos at your disposal during the radar under 9 km, I would pick the Missouri to shoot ANY DD.

You do realize that Alaska can do that too ?

And yes, AP DPM is almost the same (240k vs 243k).

The fix is going to come in the near future.

Then the HE DPM will be important, where Alaska has 116k vs Missouris 102k. (You got that wrong in your post above.)

So Alaska has everything going for it: accuracy, rate of fire, DPM.

What I am talking about with fire/flood ?

I am talking about the fire duration and the DCP cooldown of course.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,230 posts
4,125 battles
27 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

You do realize that Alaska can do that too ?

And yes, AP DPM is almost the same (240k vs 243k).

Yes, it can but with 80k Alpha Strike compared to 121k one :)

Then the HE DPM will be important, where Alaska has 116k vs Missouris 102k. (You got that wrong in your post above.)

I stand corrected, still the difference is not that impressive, wouldn't you say?

What I am talking about with fire/flood ?

I am talking about the fire duration and the DCP cooldown of course.

Fair enough, although the pure tankiness is still on the Missouri's side by a mile.

I'm not saying the Mo is better at everything, but I just don't see the Alaska outshining it in any major way to justify getting it, while you already own the Missouri.

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,213 battles
12 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I'm not saying the Mo is better at everything, but I just don't see the Alaska outshining it in any major way to justify getting it, while you already own the Missouri.

I love my Missouri, but I play it like a BB until later in the match, because I feel it is too vulnerable around the cap. Haven't played it much lately though.

We will have to see how Alaska performs, but chances are that it is somewhere inbetween Des Moines and Missouri in everything (maneuverability, accuracy, armor etc.).

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
102 posts
4,545 battles
56 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I only wonder: Jean Bart OR Bourgogne?

What is the better ship (tier-for-tier)?

I am curious for that bit of info too. Since the prolly won't release in the same patch, I don't know if I should go for Musashi+Jean or Musashi+Bourgogne.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
6,357 battles
6 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

I am curious for that bit of info too. Since the prolly won't release in the same patch, I don't know if I should go for Musashi+Jean or Musashi+Bourgogne.

I'd say bourgogne....at least that's what I'm going for