Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
G4tt4B0

Wichita - pls fix ridiculous concealment

12 comments in this topic

[OLEUM]
Players
38 posts
14,179 battles

I rarely post but this time I felt I absolutely have to. I watched some CC test of Wichita so I knew what to expect but now I felt it in real, met one in randoms and that was disaster. It's enormous concealment which is heavily ruining all tech tree CAs of its and above tiers is making it heavy OP monster in combination with improved US 203mm pen angles. It can move around map unspotted, unleash full AP salvo to cruiser which can't have a clue where this guy is and devastate him. Played in ZAO, got several citadels from such a close distance that he couldn't miss. Can't imagine I'd be on the same tier CA or RN CL which is supposed to dominate in concealment (Edinburgh has 9km, this US P2W CL has 8.7km I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). He did it to several other CAs, unleash salvo or two, get undetected and again and again. It has enough armor to withstand return fire as she has more than enough time to angle before anyone turns guns to her. Such a heavy AP volley from this close distance is a way too OP. Even with lower HP pool, you can't compare several citadel hits with more normal pens from other ships in return. Hope this concealment is not a final version. The guy did 1550 base exp on lost game with ease, on and off tactics

Please don't power-creep like this WG! Heavy cruiser better concealment than light ones - NO NO NO! And if you really plan to screw up concealment expert bonus for CA/CLs , BBs and CV (yet another DD protecting change, srsly? BTW), then this thing will get even higher advantage.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles

Correction: Wichita is a CA, not a CL. In case you hadn't noticed, she has 203mm guns, not 155 (or less) which makes her a heavy cruiser, not a light.

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles
42 minutes ago, G4tt4B0 said:

I rarely post but this time I felt I absolutely have to. I watched some CC test of Wichita so I knew what to expect but now I felt it in real, met one in randoms and that was disaster. It's enormous concealment which is heavily ruining all tech tree CAs of its and above tiers is making it heavy OP monster in combination with improved US 203mm pen angles. It can move around map unspotted, unleash full AP salvo to cruiser which can't have a clue where this guy is and devastate him. Played in ZAO, got several citadels from such a close distance that he couldn't miss. Can't imagine I'd be on the same tier CA or RN CL which is supposed to dominate in concealment (Edinburgh has 9km, this US P2W CL has 8.7km I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). He did it to several other CAs, unleash salvo or two, get undetected and again and again. It has enough armor to withstand return fire as she has more than enough time to angle before anyone turns guns to her. Such a heavy AP volley from this close distance is a way too OP. Even with lower HP pool, you can't compare several citadel hits with more normal pens from other ships in return. Hope this concealment is not a final version. The guy did 1550 base exp on lost game with ease, on and off tactics

Please don't power-creep like this WG! Heavy cruiser better concealment than light ones - NO NO NO! And if you really plan to screw up concealment expert bonus for CA/CLs , BBs and CV (yet another DD protecting change, srsly? BTW), then this thing will get even higher advantage.

So, you based your "judgment" on a single game, you didn't even played by yourself? And I bet it was an unicum-player playing this ship? Right?!

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

So, you based your "judgment" on a single game, you didn't even played by yourself? And I bet it was an unicum-player playing this ship? Right?!

A unicum with CE and the concealement module no doubt..

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

A unicum with CE and the concealement module no doubt..

Even an average player would do that.

But when an unicum show an easy and swift win with a new (test)ship, I would never rest a judgement on this performance. The average player would not succeed in same situations and thus the impression would be not the same.

I bet if someone would watch me playing such a ship, he would get the impression that the Witchita is just a normal ship with good concealment but nothing more.

Beta Tester
1,915 posts
2,632 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

Even an average player would do that.

But when an unicum show an easy and swift win with a new (test)ship, I would never rest a judgement on this performance. The average player would not succeed in same situations and thus the impression would be not the same.

I bet if someone would watch me playing such a ship, he would get the impression that the Witchita is just a normal ship with good concealment but nothing more.

No doubt. Although to (somewhat) balance this one must point out that any new/rare ship tends to get targetted a lot in pvp (not so much in co-op, the bots don't care how rare your ship is)

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,150 battles

Hold your horses OP and calm down, she can be managed like anything else, also, it's also in the testing phase at this time.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,891 posts
14,231 battles
3 hours ago, principat121 said:

The average player would not succeed in same situations and thus the impression would be not the same.

I mean, the average player doesn't succeed in any situation tho? :Smile_hiding:

[SOCKS]
Players
783 posts
5,479 battles

Well, the way I see it, It's again the radar that breaks the ship. Having an excellent concealment heavy cruiser is OK. In fact, it's even fantastic. Something that can sneak upon some CLs and induce them to use radar only to find out it's not their prey what they're about to eat, but that instead themselves are going to eat a mouthful of american cruiser superheavy citadels should teach them manners and at least make them anxious when spotted by something they can't see, instead of watering their mouth.

And that's perfectly fine. A hunter killer of radar hunter killers. Yes, please. And before someone jumps crying "DDWhiner"...I have a Cleveland and a Chapayev on my own.

The problem as always is .. it has radar itself. ANOTHER radar, which this game for sure doesn't need with high tier games being pretty much crowded with them, on ANOTHER platform that's only 200m more visible than the radar itself.

Take radar off the ship, and the ship is fine. But with radar on board, it's pure and simple yet another OP premium to add to the list.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
652 posts
10,215 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, principat121 sagte:

Yet the concealment would be the same, correct? A unicum might exploit this to a better deal than the average Joe but the criticism was the concealment range. That is independent of the WR% of the player.

Players
1,708 posts
6,656 battles

Lets all be honest here. The concealment of this ship when spec is bat S*** crazy for a Heavy Cruiser :Smile_teethhappy: with 203 mm guns and auto bounce AP? Not including defensive AA and Radar to boot. 

Having the ability to pick your engagements with ANY cruiser and punish him hard in a single salvo is stonking good :cap_tea:.  I will certainly be buying this if it comes out like this.

However, it's still in testing so things might change.

Plus, if you put this in the hands of a dummy then it will get wrecked very very fast.

Sign in to follow this