Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_H_Nelson

Are the Ovechkin Containers only supposed to be completed with Cash?

27 comments in this topic

Players
2,802 posts
12,749 battles

I ask because I received three "regular" containers today and none of them have any pieces of the Ovechkin collection in them.

Having consulted three other players I found that two of them also had not received any pieces, but one had been luck and got 2 pieces from his three containers.

Since Monday, I've only received a couple of duplicates. Again, one of the people that I consulted reported the same.

SUMMARY: Looks like I won't complete the collection (Fair enough)

This leads me to believe that the intrinsic design of the collection is to leave people short of all the tokens in order to persuade them to buy containers from the shop.

This is a PERFECTLY VALID business strategy - because Wargaming need to make a living. 

But is this what is supposed to be happening or are you supposed to get a small chance of completing it without buying stuff from the shop?

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Looks like I won't complete the collection (Fair enough) 

Why? Even assuming the Ovenchicken collection closes the same day as the combat missions, on the 9th November, you still have 16 days to complete it.

It's a small collection, so it should be doable even with a single daily container every day.

I've got some lucky normal containers, had some duds, and some doubles.

Players
2,802 posts
12,749 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Why? Even assuming the Ovenchicken collection closes the same day as the combat missions, on the 9th November, you still have 16 days to complete it.

It's a small collection, so it should be doable even with a single daily container every day.

I've got some lucky normal containers, had some duds, and some doubles.

But DOES it end on November 9th?  According to the announcement page they stop selling the containers on November 1st (at 06:00 CET)

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/premium-shop-october-2018/

In that case I have 25th-31st October to collect the tokens (7 days) WHICH HAVE DRIED UP ANYWAY!

I had THREE regular containers today (along with Two Halloween containers) and did not get a single new token for the collection.

As an aside -  the exchange rate is quite "aggressive" for this collection: 5 duplicates for one unique token.

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

But DOES it end on November 9th?  According to the announcement page they stop selling the containers on November 1st (at 06:00 CET)

The combat missions end on the 9th. https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/earn-your-greatness/

@MrConwaycan we get a definite end date for the Ovenchicken collection?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Alpha Tester
1,819 posts
5,060 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I had THREE regular containers today (along with Two Halloween containers) and did not get a single new token for the collection.

I assume that you have set the "Great 8" collection as active instead of Yamamoto/Halsey?

I interpret the mission/news article as following:

• You must activate the mission or buy a container before the first of November in order to get the first collection items (and/or the mission chain)
  • You can collect collection items through regular containers after this date in a similar fashion as the Halsey/Yamamoto campaigns

A clarification with regards to the latter would be nice (@MrConway @Crysantos), but hindering the completion after said date would just be silly from WG's side.

Players
2,802 posts
12,749 battles
2 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

I assume that you have set the "Great 8" collection as active instead of Yamamoto/Halsey?

I interpret the mission/news article as following:

• You must activate the mission or buy a container before the first of November in order to get the first collection items (and/or the mission chain)
  • You can collect collection items through regular containers after this date in a similar fashion as the Halsey/Yamamoto campaigns

A clarification with regards to the latter would be nice (@MrConway @Crysantos), but hindering the completion after the said date would just be silly from WG's side.

Yes. I have 6 out of the 12 items in the collection, and 5 duplicates.

I completed the mission to get the Russian version of Capt ovechkin (which came with a few Ovechkin containers of course.)

This week I have only had two duplicate tokens in three days - which is why I feel it is drying up.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You can get collection items in the daily crates....

It would be wise to read the post first before commenting.

• Cool 3

[ALONE]
Players
1,409 posts
10,914 battles

I also am quite close to completing the collection (miss 3 or 4 items I think?), but in (6-7?) containers I only got 2 duplicates (I think I have all other collections, so I don't need to "turn on/off" anything).

At this rate there is zero chance for the US Oven chick... :cap_fainting:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,363 posts
6,033 battles

FWIW I got a (duplicate) thing for the hockey collection in the sole crate I had time to bag last night - more resources, although that shouldn't matter - so, it looks like it's still going on, although not at a massively high drop-rate.

Alpha Tester
1,819 posts
5,060 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

This week I have only had two duplicate tokens in three days - which is why I feel it is drying up.

Bad luck is my guess. I have received 3 non-duplicates and 1 duplicate from regular (and possibly Halloween?) containers which is why I asked if you had set the collection as active (from your first item, that is).

[PMI]
Players
2,461 posts
5,818 battles

Not seen an item the last few containers/days, any type(event/daily).

I seem to recall they popped once in a normal container for me too, supplies container.

Sitting at 7/12, 0 dupes.

Beta Tester
569 posts
3,733 battles

I have bought exactly (0) containers, and I have gotten so far with earnable containers and normal ones 6 regulars and 4 duplicates. The special containers only has a slightly higher chance of dropping something.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,236 posts
16,808 battles

Got today 7th collection item and 5th duplicate from two regular containers so it is still possible to get them. It is just bad luck, yesterday I didn't get any but today got two. I doubt there is time limitation for collection items.

[BOATY]
Players
632 posts
8,895 battles

I got 9 items and 5 duplicates. Never bought anything. I think I have a very good chance to finish it in the following week as usually I try to get all daily containers. 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,386 posts
2,319 battles
16 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The combat missions end on the 9th. https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/earn-your-greatness/

@MrConwaycan we get a definite end date for the Ovenchicken collection?

As with the other collections, you will be able to keep getting the collection items in regular containers if you have set the collection to active.

• Cool 4

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles
22 minutes ago, MrConway said:

As with the other collections, you will be able to keep getting the collection items in regular containers if you have set the collection to active.

So there it is ladies and gents, once open the Ovenchicken collection will remain open until you finish it..

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,271 posts
9,653 battles

You need to go to the collection (although in contrast to what is says in the Wiki, they're in the Profile tab of the main screen now) and set its status so it is collected, because you can only collect one collection via the daily XP containers at any one time.

Collections.jpg

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles
1 minute ago, Mandalorianer said:

F*ck you, now I'am hungry...

Brick-Oven-Chicken.jpg

Have some!

• Funny 2

Players
2,802 posts
12,749 battles

UPDATE: I have been collecting "More Resources" in my standard containers for many weeks now.

This morning I collected container #1. Chose "More Resources". No Ovechkin token.

A clan mate suggested that I choose "Credits/Silver" when I get my next container.

Collected container#2.  Chose "Credits". Got 50k in Silver and an Ovechkin token.

I don't know if the switch of container types was significant.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,236 posts
16,808 battles
13 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

UPDATE: I have been collecting "More Resources" in my standard containers for many weeks now.

This morning I collected container #1. Chose "More Resources". No Ovechkin token.

A clan mate suggested that I choose "Credits/Silver" when I get my next container.

Collected container#2.  Chose "Credits". Got 50k in Silver and an Ovechkin token.

I don't know if the switch of container types was significant.

No. You can get it from any container. I got it from Signal, Resource and Try your Luck container.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this