Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

This weeks RN Missions - Why do Cossack missions need 750k "Potential" Damage not "Spotting" Damage? It's not a BB WG!!!

104 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,362 posts
5,356 battles

Hi all,

 

I think it's a bit odd that all 4 levels of RN Missions for the Cossack are based on "get 750k of potential damage" when the Cossack is clearly a DD, a stealthy ship with a small health pool and not a tanky BB and therefore shouldn't really be involved in BB type missions. I would have thought that getting some Spotting Damage would have been more appropriate for a DD rather than the BB centred "Potential Damage" but obviously WG is playing 4th Dimensional chess right now with these requirements which absolutely proves (to me anyway) that the WG staff in charge of these requirements don't play the game themselves or understand the role of a DD in the game.

 

Will I be able to get this missions done? - Yeap!.

Will I expose my ship to much more incoming fire trying to get this mission done? - Yeap!

Does that still make this BB-based requirement bloody silly for a DD? - Hell Yeah it does!

 

What's your thoughts WG forumites?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles

That it is an easy mission.

She is a gunboat with great stealth. When you hunt other DD, you get fired on by the enemy team and have to dodge torps.

Getting 200 to 400k potential damage in ONE match is easy. 

You can do the mission in 2 to 4 battles without changing your playstile. 

If you are extremly lucky, you can do that even in one battle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGNAV]
Players
261 posts
3,313 battles

You want the mission to be to do 750k spotting damage in a single battle ? Did I understand you correct ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,099 posts
14,202 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

A stealthy ship? Cossack is more gunboat than stealthy one like IJP dds.

Seeing as how the Khabarovsk, Udaloi, and Kiev are all ships, having destroyers tank potential damage isn't necessarily out of the question. The problem I think is that the Cossack, whilst a gunboat, is one that operates in an anti-DD role and from smoke screens instead of a more generic mini-cruiser.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POP]
Players
330 posts
7,880 battles

Sail in to a cap, smoke up and hydro. Make sure the incoming torps goes around 300 meters from your ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles

It is easier to get 750k potential damage than same amount of spotting damage. Spot first one torpedo salvo and that is already around 100k of potential damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XODUS]
Players
772 posts
4,391 battles
2 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

 

I think it's a bit odd that all 4 levels of RN Missions for the Cossack are based on "get 750k of potential damage" when the Cossack is clearly a DD, a stealthy ship with a small health pool and not a tanky BB and therefore shouldn't really be involved in BB type missions. I would have thought that getting some Spotting Damage would have been more appropriate for a DD rather than the BB centred "Potential Damage" but obviously WG is playing 4th Dimensional chess right now with these requirements which absolutely proves (to me anyway) that the WG staff in charge of these requirements don't play the game themselves or understand the role of a DD in the game.

  

Will I be able to get this missions done? - Yeap!.

Will I expose my ship to much more incoming fire trying to get this mission done? - Yeap!

Does that still make this BB-based requirement bloody silly for a DD? - Hell Yeah it does!

 

What's your thoughts WG forumites?

because British Destroyers are best played by Destroyer Captains who have the Aggressive Tendencies of a Wolverine with Toothache. 

You Push into caps and lay up Ambushes for other Destroyers pound a couple of salvo's into them at the same time as your team mates, take advantage of your insane acceleration to dodge the incoming torrent of shells from their team mates, when the enemy DD smokes up or continues pushing you smoke, hydro and drop torps and begin a fighting withdrawal. 

I will quite frequently get 500K+ potential Damage per game with a British DD in T7+

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,498 posts
14,581 battles

Potential Damage? Well, anyways that is an easy mission to complete even in 1 battle. Got it for my Divisionmate last Sat. when I (in a Mogami), escorted him (in Cossack) to B cap, saw enemy DD, fired a salvo while broadside to enemy, then brake and quick-turn and WASD away like he*ll while he puffed smoke right behind me and started shooting. Enemy DD killed in my 2nd salvo with rear guns while kiting, First Blood for me while my mate got some 1.25 M of potential damage easy and even managed to cap it later on. I guess this was all due to the many, many angry shots intended for me by half-dozen enemy ships immediately behind the cap at the time. Yeah, inevitably they got some hits too and I lost about 25% of my health since they kept on firing for quite some time over the smoke and also into it, but my mate was still nearly full HP after that. We had an OK game after initially running the gauntlet, so no complaints.:cap_win:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HEATH]
Players
117 posts
11,915 battles

Its easy to do in  Coop, just rush in, with guns blazing to be sure all bots spot u 1st and then just WASD, with a bit of luck u can do it in one quick round. Dont recomand doing this in Random/Ranked ofc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles

750k potential damage is nothing. I've easily gotten half of that from just getting radared once.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,362 posts
5,356 battles

In this thread - Lots of people who can't/don't/won't read the OP :Smile_veryhappy:

 

So in simple English for the very simple people which apparently use this forum -

 

Should WG Be Making A DD "Tanking" Mission - NO!!!!!!

Should WG Be Making A DD "Spotting" Mission - YES!!!!!

 

 

Have People Ignored The Question "Why Has WG Made a DD Tanking Mission" - YES!!!!!!

Have People Complete Missed The Point Of This Thread Like They Do Every Time - YES!!!!!!!

Did The OP Say "You Can Do It Anyway" - YES!!!!!

Did The OP Say "It Is Easy In A Cossack" - YES!!!!!

After Ignoring The Important Question, Have People Ignored The OP Which Said "It Is Easy" And "Yes I Can Do It" And Instead Posted Numerous Times "But It's Easy" And "You Can Do It" - YES!!!!!

Do The Replies Make It Easier To Understand The IQ Level Of The Players Involved - YES!!!!!!!

Will People Over-React To This Sarcastic Reply - OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

 

11 Replies and no one single reply actually discussing the question asked in both the title and the OP - Well Done WG Players, Well Done! :Smile_veryhappy:

 

1 hour ago, sisito0o said:

You want the mission to be to do 750k spotting damage in a single battle ? Did I understand you correct ?

 

No, you didn't. I asked if we should have Spotting damage requirements on a DD rather than the current "get 750k Potential damage" requirements. No mention of either "in a sngle battle" or "get 750k Spotting damage" in the OP.

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles
17 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Should WG Be Making A DD "Tanking" Mission - NO!!!!!!

Should WG Be Making A DD "Spotting" Mission - YES!!!!!

I'd flip those.

 

Spotting damage is unreliable, you need people to shoot the targets you're spotting (without the ships you're spotting firing back and their concealment blooming). Getting shot at is easy, as long as you actually do anything in your DD you are going to get shot at. Takes me much shorter to complete a potential damage mission than a spotting damage mission.

 

Should WG be making missions that rely on your team not being stupid: no.

Should WG be making missions that rely on the enemy not being stupid: yes.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-GG-]
Players
166 posts
10,938 battles
2 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

 

I think it's a bit odd that all 4 levels of RN Missions for the Cossack are based on "get 750k of potential damage"

 

Run hydro, get into cap, dodge Shima salvo. Repeat.

Mission done.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
961 posts
5,431 battles
6 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Spotting damage is unreliable, you need people to shoot the targets you're spotting (without the ships you're spotting firing back and their concealment blooming). Getting shot at is easy, as long as you actually do anything in your DD you are going to get shot at. Takes me much shorter to complete a potential damage mission than a spotting damage mission.

I agree spotting damage depends upon team mates that fire at what you spot which is a bit hard to do when they're usually all hiding behind islands (including the BBs) to stop enemy players shooting at them so they're not in the position to fire at what you spot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles
9 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I'd flip those.

 

Spotting damage is unreliable, you need people to shoot the targets you're spotting (without the ships you're spotting firing back and their concealment blooming). Getting shot at is easy, as long as you actually do anything in your DD you are going to get shot at. Takes me much shorter to complete a potential damage mission than a spotting damage mission.

 

You are still totally missing his point. The ease, or otherwise, of the mission is not what he is talking about. He is questioning WG's decision to make a Potential Damage based mission for a DD in the first place.

 

People have complained for ages about WG refusing to include any kind of tutorial so players are not taught to play each class correctly. The missions could have been a good way around this. E.G. Potential Damage missions are a good way to encourage players to put themselves in danger. Given that BBs are supposed to be the tanks for the team it would make more sense to encourage BBs to put themselves in harm's way so it is they that should have potential damage missions. Yes, it is easy to get potential damage in a DD but is it teaching players how best to play their ship?

 

I know the RN DDs are pretty good gunboats but they should still do their thing with care rather than recklessly and so expecting them to get lots of potential damage is not a good way to educate the player-base.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,134 battles
17 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I asked if we should have Spotting damage requirements on a DD rather than the current "get 750k Potential damage" requirements.

Both are valid, in my view - whilst a DD can't tank damage in the traditional sense (sit there and get pounded), you can still take the heat off your team-mates by getting the enemy to shoot at you, whilst using your ability to dodge (which the RN DDs are very good at) to avoid taking excessive damage.

 

This mission is a good reminder for people about this aspect of DD play - we get spotting missions quite frequently, so that reminder is perhaps less necessary?

 

I wouldn't approve of 'potential damage' missions being the default for DDs, but now and again is fine (also, I assume the Cossack ones are optional, if your aim is to just get the Guineas)...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles
9 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

You are still totally missing his point. The ease, or otherwise, of the mission is not what he is talking about. He is questioning WG's decision to make a Potential Damage based mission for a DD in the first place.

I know, I just don't give a damn. I don't care if it's not representative of good DD playstyle.

 

If it's a choice between the two, I'll pick the potential damage mission. Because it doesn't require me to rely on anyone but the enemy. I don't want the spotting damage missions at all if I can avoid them, because I've had so many rounds where I've kept a good portion of the enemy team spotted for a good portion of the game, and still only gotten ~10k spotting damage. So my answer to "should WG make more spotting damage missions" is a resounding "No!"

 

Of course, they could just ditch both types of mission and stick to spotting ribbon missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
21 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

 

You are still totally missing his point. The ease, or otherwise, of the mission is not what he is talking about. He is questioning WG's decision to make a Potential Damage based mission for a DD in the first place.

 

People have complained for ages about WG refusing to include any kind of tutorial so players are not taught to play each class correctly. The missions could have been a good way around this. E.G. Potential Damage missions are a good way to encourage players to put themselves in danger. Given that BBs are supposed to be the tanks for the team it would make more sense to encourage BBs to put themselves in harm's way so it is they that should have potential damage missions. Yes, it is easy to get potential damage in a DD but is it teaching players how best to play their ship?

 

I know the RN DDs are pretty good gunboats but they should still do their thing with care rather than recklessly and so expecting them to get lots of potential damage is not a good way to educate the player-base.

 

Also the problem it creates, is that stupid ppl will just go to a random battle, rush in get shot at and die. Rinse and repeat till mission is done. Obviously that happened quite often when it was for all RN DDs before they were added in the techtree.

Ppl just dont give a [edited]that this is a teamgame - they want their mission done one way or another...

 

Id very much like to have a month without ANY mission right now, so that we can MAYBE get some normal gameplay back. But with 4 campaigns active, ppl probably will use those to derp around :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles
55 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

 

11 Replies and no one single reply actually discussing the question asked in both the title and the OP - Well Done WG Players, Well Done! :Smile_veryhappy:

You got answers. You never asked for replies you will like.

Maybe you should not ask open questions?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,362 posts
5,356 battles
40 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You got answers. You never asked for replies you will like.

Maybe you should not ask open questions?

 

Ah the always astounding ColonelPete, with your amazing and incisive deductive reasoning skills I'm always surprised that you miss the point so very often, I'd say 95% of the time TBH! It's not whether I like the replies (who cares if I do/don't) it's that 99% of the replies weren't even related to the single question being asked in the first place, which renders the effort taken by those posters null and void and wastes my time reading them.

 

Now I'm not angry with your lack of understanding of such a simple concept (ask a question - get answer relating to question), I'm just disappointed in you, so take a demotion to MajorPete as punishment and march yourself away double time like a good chap. :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles
42 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

... it's that 99% of the replies weren't even related to the single question being asked in the first place, ......

 

4 hours ago, IanH755 said:

What's your thoughts WG forumites?

Then be more careful what you ask for!

And if you cannot deduct my opinion about the matter from my answer, then the problem lies with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles
46 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

 

Then be more careful what you ask for!

And if you cannot deduct my opinion about the matter from my answer, then the problem lies with you!

 

Exactly, he was asking for people's thoughts on the point he was making not on the points he wasn't. It's called reading comprehension and it is taught at a Primary School level, I guess so many must have been ill that day.

 

Your stock answer is that the problem always lies with everyone else but you. If you find yourself at odds with EVERYONE ELSE maybe it isn't EVERYONE ELSE that has the problem.

 

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles
4 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

...If you find yourself at odds with EVERYONE ELSE maybe it isn't EVERYONE ELSE that has the problem.

But I do not...

 

Btw. I gave my thoughts. But you not getting that must be my fault then.....

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×