You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

From Reddit: "T8-10: Changed Concealment Values Under Standardized Concealment Expert"

11 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,096 posts
8,839 battles

Hi all,

From Reddit: "T8-10: Changed Concealment Values Under Standardized Concealment Expert"

Leo "Apollo11"

[XODUS]
Players
772 posts
4,378 battles

So much like i thought and in counter to what 90% Battleship main players have told me
the Sky is not falling in

Although Nep Nep might need some help

[BYOB]
Players
3,304 posts
11,609 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I think the 8km torpedoes on Zao will become obsolete now, but I have to test. Would be a shame though :(

They have been for a long time, and with the coming change having 2km of being spotted and bad angles they cease to be a viable choice completely.

So, German BBs have been excessively nerfed again, playing FdG now will be an exercise in pure masochism. Kii is even more useless with a concealment build. Hinden's legendary mod will be  a dumb choice after the change.

Conqueror still outspots cruisers.

• Bad 1

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
369 posts
2,921 battles
10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

They have been for a long time, and with the coming change having 2km of being spotted and bad angles they cease to be a viable choice completely.

Atm there are still reasons to pick the 8km’s. I liked them vs hardpushing teams or DDs that try to scout you.

The loss of that bit concealment is probably just enough to make them useless. 

I liked my 8s :( Now I also need to get rid of my double spotter plane I guess

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,201 posts
1,459 battles

I am struggling to a see a reason why any of these cruisers really needed a concealment nerf aside maybe 1-2 specific radar cruisers. 

• Cool 3

Players
240 posts
5,638 battles
13 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

playing FdG now will be an exercise in pure masochism

wasnt it anyway?

Beta Tester
731 posts
10,980 battles

Give us more battleships that outspot cruisers, on the other hand, give us battleships that outspot destroyers.

Maybee its going to be Italian or Soviet battleship gimmick?

• Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
892 posts
3,152 battles

From a cruiser player perspective, I think the benefits of the nerf to BB concealment outweighs the loss of cruiser concealment. 

From a BB player perspective... well, T9+ japanese BBs (that are the ones I play the most nowadays) are spotted from orbit anyway. I'd like to see the Kii and maybe the Amagi get some love, though. They're not exactly the most resilient battleships out there, a bit of a concealment buff wouldn't hurt.

[BOATY]
Players
635 posts
9,025 battles

Well, all I see is straight DD buff. The BB concealment nerf is not enough to make the life of CAs/CLs any better. 

• Cool 1