Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shanchat

Is WoWS becoming as Toxic as WoT?

204 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
22 posts
7,366 battles

So I am playing ranked battles at the moment. Tier V is fun (no radar). 
What I am finding is that if something doesn't go someone's way then you get hurled abuse.
After capping and spotting and capping again all I asked was for someone to cap the last cap. "That's your job" I was told OK so I'm in a DD but I was spotting the whole of the enemy team AND capping.
Next thing I know I'm the last person on my team and all I'm getting is abuse from all the dead team mates ( I use this term as loosely as possible). I'm a coward, *edited* and more all because they wouldn't shoot anything. 355,000+ potential damage and they manged 77,000.

Wargaming can we start taking this kind of abuse more seriously?
The report function doesn't really work and also can you stop blaming 2 people for any collisions, especially when one is blaring their horn, slowing and trying to turn away from the impact.

Why am I being penalised when sitting in my smoke screen and someone on my team collides with me?

I'm getting fed up of the abuse you get in this game.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

[SWTP]
Players
450 posts
6,751 battles

It is not that bad in my experience. Sometimes when I misplayed I will collect salt (especially in TX battles) sometimes some window lickers will blame me for their foolish actions, but overall it is not so common.

• Cool 3

Players
967 posts
7,565 battles

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with team mates. It does happen occasionally (trust me I know, I play CV's :Smile_child:). 

But honestly it's nothing like WoT here. Here the chat is full of pleasant and funny people, with some exceptions.

In WoT, I frankly can't remember that I've ever run into someone who came across as an intelligent adult. It's like a night and day.

• Cool 1

[10GO]
Players
1,119 posts
11,167 battles

Some are just crazy, some salty from previous games and some just release the anger in the game instead of on people in real life. Dont be such a snowflake. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
173 posts
12,468 battles

omg, smbdy offended you in online game and now you feel so bad ...

*edited* instead of making stupid threads ... ffs

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 7

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,141 battles

Short answer: nope!

One of the reasons I like WOWS is the number *edited*is infinitely lower; that's not to say that there aren't a few of them in game, but there are certainly far fewer than in WOT.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

[DAVY]
Players
476 posts
4,319 battles

it's getting worse but nowhere near tanks.  Not even close.  I get salty myself but not to the tune of following someone after the battle to whine about it (looking at you CV player from KINGs) but it's all  a part of the experience.  I usually get salty when a Bbaby whines about needing support just so when I arrive they can turn away and run while I damage tank in a cruiser and get deleted. After learning my lesson, get flamed even more when I deny any support request.  Your darned if you do, darned if you don't.  

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,150 battles
4 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

it's getting worse but nowhere near tanks.  Not even close.  I get salty myself but not to the tune of following someone after the battle to whine about it (looking at you CV player from KINGs) but it's all  a part of the experience. 

You've met exileDE I take it? :Smile_trollface:

But no, it is not getting toxic, and never was that toxic, it was always bare minimum. This game does not have a problem with toxicity, it has a problem with competence. 

• Cool 3

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,135 battles

One in a hundred people are sociopaths (you don't need to check the statistics, I did it beforehand). Of course you'll get some bile along with the crystal clear fresh water that is the WoWs community.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

I play both and there isn't a huge amount of difference. 

I try my best not to engage with salty chat anyway. It's almost always from those kids who suicide early and blame their team for it...

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
41 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I play both and there isn't a huge amount of difference. 

I try my best not to engage with salty chat anyway. It's almost always from those kids who suicide early and blame their team for it...

That is because WoT only allows chat with your own team anymore. 

Back in the day, when you could still chat with the enemy team, it was a whole different thing. Whenever you killed someone, they would immediately insult you super hard in the chat. It was salt on a whole different level. 

My personal experience (have played tanks from the start) is that not even Ranked chat has ever been as toxic. But Ranked chat is by far the most toxic thing in Warships, because the mode is so frustrating. 

• Cool 2

Players
138 posts
8,553 battles

I wouldn't call it the most friendly online game, but I find it so much better than in tanks. Mainly because in tanks I am horrible and here I am just bad. So the amount of salt thrown on me is lower, much lower. From time to time, you can have nice discussions, or just laugh, and that did never happened in tanks. So here it is much better.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,135 battles
6 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I wouldn't call it the most friendly online game, but I find it so much better than in tanks. Mainly because in tanks I am horrible and here I am just bad. So the amount of salt thrown on me is lower, much lower. From time to time, you can have nice discussions, or just laugh, and that did never happened in tanks. So here it is much better.

Which game has a friendlier community?

[ADRIA]
Players
387 posts
11,031 battles
15 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Out of all online games I've played, elite dangerous has best, in my opinion, communities out there. 

Even pirates, once they steal from you, will ask if you need help getting back to port :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
114 posts

What I've seen on this T5 Ranked its mostly the YOLOs and the poorer players that are the most saltiest.

They sink first and start to throw insults on the other team mates why they didint cover and support him while he rushed the kamikazes in a BB or something.

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
370 posts
2,921 battles

Welcome to Ranked. WG decided to make this great gamemode available to tier 5 so that players can quit the game early instead of grinding to tier 10.

• Funny 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,572 battles
11 ore fa, hellhound666 ha scritto:

omg, smbdy offended you in online game and now you feel so bad ...

*edited*instead of making stupid threads ... ffs

your language offended me!

2 ore fa, Blixies ha scritto:

If you stay out of pvp and play only against bots,

Insurgency has the best community I've ever seen in online games.

Players
1,065 posts
8,541 battles

I have had very few experiences of abuse from other players and I usually only get it when I sink someone.. The funniest was when my Yugumo sank a Haragumo and the guy was less than impressed.

If I get abuse that I consider is too extreme to shrug off I just screenshot the chat and just send it to WG via a ticket and let them deal with it.

There is still plenty of good chat and banter out there for example; last night in my Shimakaze I asked the reds to ensure their torpedo magnets were switched on and that I had pre lubed my torpedoes for an easier penetration.. Got loads of funny banter back.. One guy says not switching my magnets on so I said I will get you first... 5 minutes later I sink him first kill of the game so he said he is going back to Port to check the off switch for his magnets works.. Other times I announce I carry rubber torpedoes and if anyone wants a demonstration I will happily oblige and I always get witty responses..

Most players don't take the game too seriously.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,498 posts
14,581 battles
1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

That is because WoT only allows chat with your own team anymore. 

Back in the day, when you could still chat with the enemy team, it was a whole different thing. Whenever you killed someone, they would immediately insult you super hard in the chat. It was salt on a whole different level. 

My personal experience (have played tanks from the start) is that not even Ranked chat has ever been as toxic. But Ranked chat is by far the most toxic thing in Warships, because the mode is so frustrating. 

That bad eh? Well, lucky for me I have never played Wot then. but as for Wows I have only ver been flamed for 2 reasons-

1) Sinking a particularly unappreciative enemy player. So MEH, who cares right?:cap_old:

AND

2) For completely pissing in my own cereals and potao'ing in which case it was well deserved. In any case, I never get involved in chat-spats and just tend to ignore those. Why bother? Just hafta make sure to do better in the next game then. :Smile_Default:

Players
61 posts
3,307 battles

As a WoT player with +70K battles, I can assure you that WoWS toxicity is getting nowhere near Wot level.  I actually pretty much left WoT for just that reason: Rude players.  I am a light player and have all tier X lights and I pride myself to *edited*  about the cancer that is called XVM. I am mostly not going for damage but scout the crap out of the reds. As soon as we lose, I am accused of not doing my job, despite assist damage above 10K (which is a LOT, in WoT), They actually expect me to charge into heavies, which I have no chance to pen. The most productive comment come from players that are already dead and did as good as nothing. WoWS is my goto place when I've just about had enough of idiots.  Of course, there is that random teammate who occasionally blames our loss on me, coz I have less than 1K battles in WoWS and N003z, as me, shouldn't play ranked in the first place .  . in his opinion.  It happens but these monkeys are rare and I just got rank 1. If nothing else, WoT makes a fairly average player an ace in WoWS :P 

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 2

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
625 posts
10,058 battles

It's currently half term, so recently I've noticed an increase in 'mardy'(1) people.

(1) in a petulant bad mood; sulky or grumpy.

Some people hate swearing, some people don't care. Peoples definition of 'banter'(2) can vary quite a lot.

(2) the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.

But lets be clear, because we are on the internet there is no excuse for bullying. Don't think everybody who hate bullies is a snowflake. Some people see that awful aspect of life for what it is. People should think twice before joining in in such occasions, because unfortunately there are leaders and followers in this area.

I wouldn't be surprised if every online gaming company has a dedicated officer in this area in the next few years. They will probably be legally obliged to in most major markets.

• Cool 5

Sign in to follow this