Sign in to follow this  
umpaumpaX

Russian destroyers concealment/HP

13 comments in this topic

Players
16 posts
7,604 battles

Hi guys,

I'm now grinding through RU DD line. Actually at Misk.

I have been looking Kiev and I found something very not right.

It is relation concealment to HP.

Akizuki detectability range - 7.76 km, HP 20400

Z23 detectability range - 7.92 km, HP 19500

and now

Kiev detectability range - 9 km, HP 16200.

Or her DR should be adjust to HP or HP buffed to about 22k according to data above.

Otherwise it is a poor cheat.

Out of tiopic.

Concealment becamt total [edited] especially with RN ship

• Funny 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
6,373 battles

Well, IJN gunboats are completely overpowered when compared to other DDs, so yeah...not much point in discussing them, that being said, I never really had a problem with kiev's low HP....I find it to be an amazing ship, tashkent even more so. Trust me, if you like this playstyle, you'll love the kiev. The only thing I'd do with soviet DDs is improving their torpedo range to 5km to make them at least somewhat usable, and giving khaba 8km because....6km at tier 10? Seriously?

Players
16 posts
7,604 battles

#ColonelPete

as Akizuki and Z23 aren't. So why they have so big HP.

It is for me just big inconsistency.

If ship is so big that her DR is 9 km why has so small HP poll?

As I wrote above or her DR should be adjust to HP or HP buffed.

Especial in current heavy smoke meta (new RN DD made it only worst).

Speed and range give you nothing when you don't see nothing.

When you are out spotted by more than 3 km by all this machine guns (you fight tier 9/10) siting in smoke you don't have any chance.

As I said - it is big inconsistency or the ship is purposely made weak.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles

Akizuki and Z are close quarter DD.

Kiev uses other DD for spotting. If played right, you will keep your distance.

• Cool 3

[TTT]
[TTT]
1,137 posts
11,785 battles

it is fundamentally wrong to compare DDs like this. It's a very good representation of comparing apples to pears.

None of the other DDs have anywhere near the railgun-like main battery performance of the Kiev at t8. Nor do they have the insane speed the Kiev has either.

• Cool 1

[SOCKS]
Players
783 posts
5,479 battles

If you're using your concealment in a soviet gunboat DD you should carefully step out of it and never touch it again. This doesn't apply to Ognevoi or Grozovoi, but in all the rest your REAL concealment range is 14km. Which is the range of your guns with AFT, which you are firing 24/7. Or should be. So concealment is insignificant for those ships.

If you're not firing from 12km+ all the time in one of those ships while having trouble aiming because you're laughing so hard from all the return fire that's missing your ship, you're doing it wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
16 posts
7,604 battles

Guys,

i just wont to say that I find this situation as a cheat and nothing changed it.

If the ships with DR 7.8 - 7.9 km have about 20K HP and and the one with DR 9km almost 25% less !?

I decided to play Misk to have XP for both lines. Than sell the ship and wait for changes. If nothing happened just give up the line.

PS

I thing I konw how to play RU DD - on Minsk WR 66% in 73 games.

• Boring 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
6,373 battles
1 hour ago, umpaumpaX said:

Guys,

i just wont to say that I find this situation as a cheat and nothing changed it.

If the ships with DR 7.8 - 7.9 km have about 20K HP and and the one with DR 9km almost 25% less !?

I decided to play Misk to have XP for both lines. Than sell the ship and wait for changes. If nothing happened just give up the line.

PS

Trust me....Kiev and tashkent are amazing ships...you'll probably regret giving up at minsk

[SWTP]
Players
450 posts
6,751 battles
1 godzinę temu, umpaumpaX napisał:

Guys,

PS

If you know how to play RU DDs you should not complain about Kiev's (not needed) concealment and low HP pool. With Kiev Minsk run and gun gameplay just become extreme, you are not a DD anymore, just a very quick and very light cruiser running and shooting like a mad most of the time from the second line, torpping from time to time when someone will try to chase you. And I think that you will love Kiev unless you will try to cap early :cap_haloween:Just take AFT not a concealment, gun range and speed are your HP.  As a cruiser main you will be OK.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,710 posts
9,234 battles
2 hours ago, umpaumpaX said:

Guys,

PS

Akizuki top speed : 33 knots

Kiev top speed : 42.5 knots

Want to bet which one is harder to hit?

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles
2 hours ago, umpaumpaX said:

Guys,

PS

Then why do you want her to be even stronger?

She is outclassing all your other DD.

[WULF]
Players
15 posts
10,605 battles

Also bear in mind that once you get to tier 9 you have access to repair party consumable .

This allows you to have far more effective hp during the course of a battle than any opposing dd's.

Meanwhile the speed advantage you enjoy with the Kiev easily balances the slightly less hp you have compared to its same tier rivals. Also as said the guns are best in tier for accuracy and performance at range

Sign in to follow this