Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Cross-server Clan Battle MM test

53 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles

Has anyone managed to get into a battle?

So far the only thing we get when starting the battle is the division status changes to "in battle" but we're still looking at our ports without ever getting into the queue screen, nevermind a battle. Guess the technical difficulties that led to yesterdays testing period being cancelled have not been resolved.

@MrConway, @Crysantos

Welp, todays session cancelled due to technical difficulties aswell.

Of note is the 25th (this thursday) is going to be another test session, plus the originally planned 27th and 28th.

• Cool 1

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles

and yesterday was also cancelled - man level of competence of developer and so on in this game is high as ...........

on thursday 25th is Europa league in football so I will play this game NOT  - but knowing that termin in this game is always as it say it would be I bet I won't lose anything ....

this is just beyond sad state ....

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
Players
81 posts
8,878 battles

This Saturday and Sunday are KoTS 7 matches. How do you expect us to play the cross server clan battles after having 6-9 matches in KoTS which are by FAR more exhausting as you think they are?

This is some next level *edited*Do NOT announce something if you keep cancelling it... 

We have asked whole clan to be online while CB russian prime time kicks in... and now what? The russian clan will get away to live another day? -.-

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 3

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles
18 ore fa, FeelTheseTorps ha scritto:

This Saturday and Sunday are KoTS 7 matches. How do you expect us to play the cross server clan battles after having 6-9 matches in KoTS which are by FAR more exhausting as you think they are?

This is some next level*edited*Do NOT announce something if you keep cancelling it... 

We have asked whole clan to be online while CB russian prime time kicks in... and now what? The russian clan will get away to live another day? -.-

Me too, same thing - ask 10 of my clan members to be online and they hurry from work and cancel private things to be ready and now this again after yesterday - you put it on your official site and*edited*, especially us clan leaders 

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,893 posts
6,228 battles
28 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Why not just merge the servers:cap_old::cap_cool::cap_money:

I think it has to do with lag, i have a alt on Asia server, 300ping is normal, wheres here max 30.

I think its the main reason, correct me if im wrong. :Smile_Default:

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,917 battles
Just now, Major_Damage225 said:

I think it has to do with lag, i have a alt on Asia server, 300ping is normal, wheres here max 30.

I think its the main reason, correct me if im wrong. :Smile_Default:

Asia is the only server which separation can be justified this way. Russian server has even a cluster in Amsterdam, and ping between US and EU is good enough. 

Anyway, just introducing "inter-server" clan battles proves that the latency is not the main issue... :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,801 battles
1 hour ago, EdiJo said:

Asia is the only server which separation can be justified this way. Russian server has even a cluster in Amsterdam, and ping between US and EU is good enough. 

Anyway, just introducing "inter-server" clan battles proves that the latency is not the main issue... :cap_popcorn:

I second this, I play on EU from the US and get an average of 40 for my ping, I actually somehow get worse ping if trying to play on the US Server. 

To reiterate the original point of the thread; this whole test has so far been a clusterfudge. 

Announced buried in patch notes so a ton of people didn't even know about it, only getting it's own article on the website hours after it was meant to start, and both initial days canceled because they can't even get it working. I wonder why? Maybe because they announced it almost in secret and six days later hadn't been able to test it enough to see if it worked properly? 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,271 posts
11,825 battles
17 hours ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

and yesterday was also cancelled - man level of competence of developer and so on in this game is high as ...........

on thursday 25th is Europa league in football so I will play this game NOT  - but knowing that termin in this game is always as it say it would be I bet I won't lose anything ....

this is just beyond sad state ....

Hey,

While I understand frustration if something isn't happening as expected, it's no reason to insult our developers. This is a test season and there are always things that can go wrong with something that is new and needs testing. The test season should start tomorrow and we absolutely understand if you can't participate due to RL. I'm sorry if you planned your schedule around this but I hope that you know that we're trying our best to deliver what we want to deliver ;)

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Hey,

While I understand frustration if something isn't happening as expected, it's no reason to insult our developers. This is a test season and there are always things that can go wrong with something that is new and needs testing. The test season should start tomorrow and we absolutely understand if you can't participate due to RL. I'm sorry if you planned your schedule around this but I hope that you know that we're trying our best to deliver what we want to deliver ;)

Greetings, Crysantos

The problem is not just that we had gathered our teams both times and it was then cancelled last second.

We were mainly frustrated by the lack of offical communication.

Yesterday we sat there trying to play and didn't know what was going on, even though the problem should have been known since primetimes of ASIA/RU already. 

• Cool 3

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,204 posts
2,467 battles
13 hours ago, EdiJo said:

Why not just merge the servers:cap_old::cap_cool::cap_money:

Skynet achieves consciousness. :Smile_hiding: 

• Funny 1

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles
2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Hey,

Greetings, Crysantos

It's not problem about my plan but as a clan leader I ask about 10 people to be online yesterday at same time to play clan battles so they came early from work or change shifts or postpone private business and so on...

If you know in advance or you know that it could be a lot of issues with that than you should tell so - or we will try to manage to be ready on that date - not "clan battles are on 22nd and 23th in 18-22 and 20-24" 

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,271 posts
11,825 battles
1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

The problem is not just that we had gathered our teams both times and it was then cancelled last second.

We were mainly frustrated by the lack of offical communication.

Yesterday we sat there trying to play and didn't know what was going on, even though the problem should have been known since primetimes of ASIA/RU already. 

Sometimes it's hard to communicate when an issue pops up that is considered to be fixed soon but then it doesn't work out. But I understand it and we'll try to give you more heads-up when possible (globally).

22 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

It's not problem about my plan but as a clan leader I ask about 10 people to be online yesterday at same time to play clan battles so they came early from work or change shifts or postpone private business and so on...

If you know in advance or you know that it could be a lot of issues with that than you should tell so - or we will try to manage to be ready on that date - not "clan battles are on 22nd and 23th in 18-22 and 20-24" 

Well, if it's labelled as test session, then expect it to be potentially moved or changed in general due to the nature of it. This why we call it test phases - but we'll try our best to improve this where we can.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,572 battles

Guys,

It has the name "TEST"

so expect anything at any given time can go wrong,

You can get into a match and get disconnected in the middle of it,

your client could get unresponsive..

They have to test this, and tests are like these..

My personal opinion, don't participate into the tests If you get easily frustrated by bugs or mistakes or things going wrong.

I have no idea about the skill level of the people trying to make this test work, this is a complete different discussion.

but I presume they are trying their best.. what ever their best is..

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,271 posts
11,825 battles

Sorry guys,

I got bad news for this week:

The Сlan battles test of the season "The North"  has been moved to the next week for technical reasons.
From October 29 till November 04, four gaming sessions will be available: on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
We are working on troubleshooting and sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience!

Please keep in mind that this could change if the problems still occur but for now this is the planned schedule.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
9 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Sorry guys,

The Сlan battles test of the season "The North"  has been moved to the next week for technical reasons.
From October 29 till November 04, four gaming sessions will be available: on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
We are working on troubleshooting and sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience!

Please keep in mind that this could change if the problems still occur but for now this is the planned schedule.

Greetings, Crysantos

Thanks for the heads-up! :Smile_great:

Was already worried when it wanted to open the prime time schedule and it said that CW Season "hadn't started yet".

At least now we can call it off early enough.

• Cool 1

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles
9 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Sorry guys,

Greetings, Crysantos

Awe come on... I did clear my shedule for tonight extra for that. Welp. Will be getting hard to clear space next week for this. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts
On 10/23/2018 at 4:33 PM, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

Dude. It is a test season... They even state it multiple times... :Smile_facepalm:

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,572 battles
32 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Dude. It is a test season... They even state it multiple times... :Smile_facepalm:

some people only have the capacity to criticize...

I really sorry for these people.

• Bad 1

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles
1 hour ago, Skyllon said:

Dude I just hope you will be asked and get gazilion questions from your clan members why we don't play -- players clan members see only 15000 coal and 500 steel and the want it asap, and if you are not making it possible than they have milion question, you know standard why I don't play, where am I in this I have collected xy oil in clan and so on ..... and than you tell them come that day at that hour and we will play, and they come and what happened - postpone and than again postpone...

at least WG now tell it in advance BUT they SHOULD ALSO than change it on official site ...   I know that you are working on it but is it that hard to put 5 min effort on site to set it ??

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,572 battles
24 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

I know that you are working on it but is it that hard to put 5 min effort on site to set it ??

Crysantos posted it on today, around noon

image.png.20d8cadb43f2f469b4a774eb3ccb7054.png

WG updated the the article about crosserver clan battles tryout season 2 days ago..

reading the official site of the game you play everyday and find news about the event you are eager to participate is very hard thing to do for your members I guess..

how were you picking them again?

image.thumb.png.9e388b6c96afaa56e0738e35bbbbe2c4.png

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles

I didn't pick them again, we have been there on 22 and than on 23th - after that i said let wg first start than and than after 1 day that will actually work we will come next day ;)

Now info is everywhere like it should !!

Sign in to follow this