Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger

Captain xp and elite xp and xp on ship

28 comments in this topic

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles

Hi all

I would like to ask WG staff - why dont we have option that xp go to captain instead on ship for "elite" ships - so we all have T10 ships that sits on 2-3-5-10 milion xp that are there for nothing and will stay forever for nothing --- why don't we have an option like on wowp and wot that you can choose where you want your xp go, so in wowp you can make  check so all xp you earn go on captain instead of going on ship ( or in vain for  99% of us ) ..

plz if you can make this option for ships also you would help us so much and that those silly amount of xp go in right way 

thx

• Boring 1

Quality Poster
3,758 posts
8,474 battles

Because ship XP already counts towards captains XP? 

Or do you mean that all outcome of one battle (XP and captains XP) get's summed up into one total captains XP pack (and nothing left for the elited ship)?

• Cool 3

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles
46 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Because ship XP already counts towards captains XP? 

Or do you mean that all outcome of one battle (XP and captains XP) get's summed up into one total captains XP pack (and nothing left for the elited ship)?

yup all is total in one sum on captain skill ;)  so that 4.7 mil that sits on your Yammato, Hindi and so on would be your EliteXP now 

Quality Poster
3,758 posts
8,474 battles
9 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

yup all is total in one sum on captain skill ;)  so that 4.7 mil that sits on your Yammato, Hindi and so on would be your EliteXP now 

Ahhhh ok.

So you're suggesting three options methinks? 

- Keep everything as it is

- All to Elite Commander XP

- All to Elite Ship XP (for the whales among us)

As much as I'd love to have such a feature, I doubt WG will do something about it (as captains progression is rather quick compared to WoT Crews).

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles
25 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Ahhhh ok.

So you're suggesting three options methinks? 

- Keep everything as it is

- All to Elite Commander XP

- All to Elite Ship XP (for the whales among us)

As much as I'd love to have such a feature, I doubt WG will do something about it (as captains progression is rather quick compared to WoT Crews).

nope I just want my ship xp ( whatever name is for that xp ) go to captain XP  or elite xp if you have 19pt on that ship and that's it ..  so I don't have  4.7 mil xp on Hindi and 2.9 mil on Republique and 800k on Zao and so on ......

[CATS]
Players
15,357 posts
11,035 battles
2 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

well they could introduce 20th point for let say 3-5 mil xp  

But they wiil not, unless they rebuild the skill system.

Elite captain XP are already a great option.

Players
112 posts
6,103 battles
1 hour ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

Hi all

I would like to ask WG staff - why dont we have option that xp go to captain instead on ship for "elite" ships - so we all have T10 ships that sits on 2-3-5-10 milion xp that are there for nothing and will stay forever for nothing --- why don't we have an option like on wowp and wot that you can choose where you want your xp go, so in wowp you can make  check so all xp you earn go on captain instead of going on ship ( or in vain for  99% of us ) ..

plz if you can make this option for ships also you would help us so much and that those silly amount of xp go in right way 

thx

Simple answer: WG wants to make money. So people buying dubloons to use to convert elite xp to free xp is good for their business. There's already tonnes of ways to make captain xp (cammo, flags, missions, challenges and 19pt Captains) so they'd rather you give them some cash so they can pay the bills. 

Quality Poster
3,758 posts
8,474 battles
9 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

nope I just want my ship xp ( whatever name is for that xp ) go to captain XP  or elite xp if you have 19pt on that ship and that's it ..  so I don't have  4.7 mil xp on Hindi and 2.9 mil on Republique and 800k on Zao and so on ......

Well ... you want that. But that's a rather onesided option.

If you want WG to at least consider your suggestion you need to give WG an incentive to do so. Letting players choose that they want to accumulate Elite Ship XP (and convert that into Free XP) could generate revenue for WG.

Apart from that: @ColonelPete has put it together nicely. No reason for WG to do so.

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles
15 minutes ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

Simple answer: WG wants to make money. So people buying dubloons to use to convert elite xp to free xp is good for their business. There's already tonnes of ways to make captain xp (cammo, flags, missions, challenges and 19pt Captains) so they'd rather you give them some cash so they can pay the bills. 

That is all ok but than why 2 of 3 WG games have that option and just ships do NOT  - are we "persona non grata"

and btw players do exchange doublones for freeXP but not for captain xp - they are not that crazy to give 100$ or eur to go from let say 18 to 19 skill  or 15th to 17th 

Quality Poster
3,758 posts
8,474 battles
2 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

That is all ok but than why 2 of 3 WG games have that option and just ships do NOT  - are we "persona non grata"

Because commander training in WoT (and Planes) works completely different so that the 'Accelerated Crew Training' option is of great need in WoT. Whereas in Warships you get - without any modifiers - at least the same amount of Captains XP per game as you get overall XP.

E.g. when you have a game where you make 1000 XP you get exactly that as Captains XP. As soon as you put in modifier you get those modifiers ON TOP. So with +50% on Commander XP you get 1500 XP (while your ship still makes 1000 XP).

On top of that comes, that premium vehicles in Warships work a little different than WoT/WoWP. So if you really want to grind out captain XP you can use your BB captain and put him on a premium cruiser.

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles

I didn't say that captain xp is not easy to get in wows - I myself have a lot of 19 pt captains and had almost 3 milion elite xp after last clan wars season ... I 'am just asking what about those absurd amount of xp that sits on our T10 ships with perma camos ..   - than maybe give option if you have/buy perma camo that you have that option on that ship :) you know so WG can earn some more ....

[BFS]
Beta Tester
961 posts
5,395 battles

I doubt that WG would ever let people put XP on Elite ships into Captain XP - there are players who will spend gold to convert the excess ship XP into Feee XP.

[CATS]
Players
15,357 posts
11,035 battles
26 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

As ALREADY said, WoWs gets loads of captain XP, the other games do not. From that perpective you could say that the other games are, according to your words, "persona non grata". They need these "crutches" and are still worse of.

[DAVY]
Players
329 posts
8,481 battles
18 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

Different teams are working on different games with different marketing strategies. You will find some things work better i.e. more community-friendly in WoWs and some WoT-/ WoWp- players will probably start topics in their forums, asking why things can't be like in WoWs.

Simple answer to your idea is that EXP is an alibi to charge money for WG. If EXP would be transferred to CXP or even FXP for free, that money would be gone. One may argue if that money is excessive or crucial to the upkeep of the game. But probably it would have to come from some other sources, so from charging you for some other goods or transactions.

18 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

and btw players do exchange doublones for freeXP but not for captain xp - they are not that crazy to give 100$ or eur to go from let say 18 to 19 skill  or 15th to 17th 

Personally, I find the idea of exchanging doubloons for FXP crazy enough but it's a choice every player must make for himself. To be blunt, I am grateful to anybody who has money galore coming out his rectum so he can spend it on the game and have the servers run for me and others. Some players will exchange money for captain XP as you can use FXP to train captains as well.

Players
112 posts
6,103 battles
32 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

I never said they did. Merely that the xp you want them to convert to captain xp makes them money elsewhere. 

[PMI]
Players
2,484 posts
5,882 battles

What you want is already in game, its called "doubloon conversion", look it up.

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,484 posts
5,882 battles
Just now, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

well you know I got IQ over 20  so thx but no thx ..

Erm, it does not look like it really, you are arguing a company, for profit, should forfeit gains because you are too cheap to use the established system.

Who told you you had more than 20 IQ? Because you should ask for your money back.

Players
515 posts
5,919 battles

well maybe than company shouldn't give us premium ships for free via directive and missions, also we shouldn't get free flags and camos if we score some achievements, also free daily coil why - we should buy that also, steel for cw and ranked so you can have best t7/9/10 ships in game why ??  they should charge them 80/120/200$  so they could earn more -- you think that they wouldn't sell Stalingrad for let say 200$  - I bet they would sell at least 1000 of them ....

all in all why would they give anything for free ???  they give you game for free ...

with thinking like that we will get less an less free staff and than you will cry why we don't get and the answer is in answer like this "What you want is already in game, its called "doubloon conversion", look it up."

• Boring 1

Quality Poster
3,758 posts
8,474 battles
3 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

well maybe than company shouldn't give us premium ships for free via directive and missions, also we shouldn't get free flags and camos if we score some achievements, also free daily coil why - we should buy that also, steel for cw and ranked so you can have best t7/9/10 ships in game why ??  they should charge them 80/120/200$  so they could earn more -- you think that they wouldn't sell Stalingrad for let say 200$  - I bet they would sell at least 1000 of them ....

Because it's not a black and white world...

Sure it's annoying for some (ask me about my 1.3 mil XP on the Des Memes, which I don't really care about). Overall it's a problem of a limited minority. But the players that convert free XP for money however ... appear to be on the larger side (just look at the people that use their FXP to skip a ship after three battles or so, but have 500 battles on their Tirpitz).

Players
2,137 posts

It's unlikely to happen as they have monetised the conversion of Elite XP via Doubloons into freeXP, this free XP can be used as Captain XP.

Their business model is quite simple and I suspect not going to be changed.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,402 posts
15,144 battles

Elite ship XP to Elite captain XP.. If they did this players would accumulate HUGE amounts for Commander XP and every ship would have 19 point commanders. would defeat the hole reason for having said XP.

OK i play to much..I have 15 19 point commandes and uncountable 15+ point commanders I have will over 1,000,000 commander XP and 2.200.00 free XP (that can also be used as Commander XP) Like you say you have millions of elite XP. well wargaming want you to spend Doubloons to convert this to free XP,  Thats probably one of the main ways they make cash after Prem time (if you look at the number of players that jump hole tech trees to tier X when a new tech line is released)

I just cant see wargaming jeopardising one of there main ways of making money and keeping this game free for so many players

Sign in to follow this