Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gojuadorai

[proposal] Ranked sprint rewards

21 comments in this topic

Players
2,762 posts
15,783 battles

HI,

im aware its a test season so all this is written under the assumption what was tested  is actually what is intended to "go live"

mos people (i know) consider the "effort" not worth it.

giving it some thought i had an ideal:

- make R1 reward 1x copper!

why?

- people who can use it would be interested

and more omportant

- (new) players who cant utilize it yet would have a incentive to play the next "real" ranked season (or CW) to get one of the ships they can spend it on

i think this would overall increase interest in sprint  AND other competetive modes while not giving out unreasonable rewards for the effort

• Funny 1

Players
81 posts
2,995 battles

Ranked sprint was invented for players who don't have the time/ability/willingness to take part in the long regular ranked season. Therefore, introducing a reward that is only (effectively) usuable if you partake in the regular ranked season seems counter-intuitive to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I think the current rewards are rather disappointing, but let's not turn the whole thing into an "off-season" for players who already play the regular ranked mode. That's just not what it was designed to be.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,762 posts
15,783 battles
13 minutes ago, Oberendgegner said:

but let's not turn the whole thing into an "off-season" for players who already play the regular ranked mode

thats the point

if  you play it regularly you dont need it. So you can have your resting time!

if you play it rarely its a welcome catch up

if you never played it (for any reason but not enough time) its an incentive to do so in future

[JRM]
Players
1,090 posts
14,194 battles

You can get stalingrad by sc steel u know, it will take you a long time but u can...

[BOATY]
Players
635 posts
9,053 battles
1 hour ago, Gojuadorai said:

HI,

im aware its a test season so all this is written under the assumption what was tested  is actually what is intended to "go live"

mos people (i know) consider the "effort" not worth it.

giving it some thought i had an ideal:

- make R1 reward 1x copper!

why?

- people who can use it would be interested

and more omportant

- (new) players who cant utilize it yet would have a incentive to play the next "real" ranked season (or CW) to get one of the ships they can spend it on

i think this would overall increase interest in sprint  AND other competetive modes while not giving out unreasonable rewards for the effort

One copper for 12 - 24 battles... Really? 

Why not 24k steel? 

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles

I wouldnt want copper tbh.

But i agree that the rewards arent really too good. Imo a bit more Coal would have been great. Look at this weeks RN missionset - you complete all 4 stages and you get 5k coal by that. So the same reward than getting to R1. I think a bit more Coal, maybe a bit more Flags/Camos would have been nice, especially when you think about the reason WG presented to us: Mainly for new players. New players dont need Copper. And if ppl with 10k games dont need flags/Camos/Coal - then its their loss. They are free not to participate in that.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,345 posts
9,223 battles

Always have to try figure out the motivation behind some posts. The OP clearly wants 1 copper and thus feels WG should change the rules so the OP can fulfill a need.

• Cool 1

Players
138 posts
8,553 battles

So there have been some rewards you say? Cool.
On more serious note, 1 copper for 20 games that is a bit insane. 1 flag more for each tier, yes, why not, give me :D

Players
2,762 posts
15,783 battles
58 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

You can get stalingrad by sc steel u know, it will take you a long time but u can...

what does the stalingrad got to do with the topic elaborate please

cause i have the notion you dont know what youre talking about

37 minutes ago, Episparh said:

Why not 24k steel? 

you even bothered to think about this?
you know that its a useless resource unless you can get big ammounts of steel?

21 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I wouldnt want copper tbh.

see thats my point newer less experianced player s would while its not interesting for veterans so a good reward for a format that is designed to get newer players into competetive...

New players dont need Copper

they dont need it but having it would motivate them to get steel to utilize it.... thats just how humans work

20 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Always have to try figure out the motivation behind some posts. The OP clearly wants 1 copper and thus feels WG should change the rules so the OP can fulfill a need.

i dont want nor need that copper

1 minute ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

So there have been some rewards you say? Cool.
On more serious note, 1 copper for 20 games that is a bit insane. 1 flag more for each tier, yes, why not, give me :D

i dont get why people claim its insane reward  
it has zero worth unless you get a lot of steel 

if you get the steel its only worth a thing if you have multiple copper
if you get your steel by only ranked its basically worthless too sicne you have it anyway

so its only valuable to people coming new into the format and can catch up a bit

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,105 battles

It took me 29 battles to rank out (slightly to my surprise, I must admit), and I'm a pretty poor player; in that context, I don't feel the relatively poor rewards are inappropriate.

What I would suggest WG tweak for later seasons: rather than being locked out after you get to Rank 1 for the first time, use the FL (from WOT) model, and let people cycle through three times, with new sets of rewards for each cycle.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
652 posts
10,215 battles
Vor 43 Minuten, Episparh sagte:

Why not 24k steel? 

My Arsenal says 17k would be enough. Thank you. When can we expect this?

Personally I would already be comfortable with a pint in the pub as a reward for rank 1. Talking about Nov 3rd here...

Players
55 posts
10,021 battles

Abit off topic, but, I was sat on the toilet the other day thinking what is wrong with ranked, could it be the prizes ect, but my belief is the current achievements are out of touch, they are still the ones from random games, they kind of don't suit the ranked meta, maybe some that reward good play be bought in especially for ranked, that instead of 10 flags, maybe 10 steel..... Sharpen your pitch folks I'm a running 

Players
1,542 posts
10,817 battles

Because *edited* on players who spent 200+ games earning the same reward?

Why would newbies want copper anyway - coal will allow them to buy ships from the arsenal. Much more relevant for them.

Dont get me wrong, the rewards*edited*

Took me 28 battles to rank out compared to 107 in the regular season (normally 200) and that earned me some 6k steel + tons of flags.

By that math 750-1500 steel seems appropriate, meaning 5000 coal is a measly reward.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

Players
2,762 posts
15,783 battles
16 ore fa, GulvkluderGuld ha scritto:

Because *edited* on players who spent 200+ games earning the same reward?

Why would newbies want copper anyway - coal will allow them to buy ships from the arsenal. Much more relevant for them.

i get that point  (and also why people are triggerd by it)

but

the need for catchup mechanics is something any long runing title has if it wants sto sustain aquisition of new players without devaluing older content entirely (cough WOW and sorts)

therefore i find the copper to be the least devaluing method because

-it was already devalued by implementation since you dont need to play till the 7th R1 to get some of it
-it is only a reward if you can get the ship

other catchup mechanics would consit of  devaluing steel which would be way more hurtfull to long term players than a camo which already was devalued

having a inflow of new players benefits everyone cause the game stays healthiy if that means devaluing something so little influence as a set of camos by a small ammount im ok with that

Players
1,463 posts
15,166 battles

Why would you need a reward? I enjoyed playing a couple of battles with tier 5 ships, not facing tier 7s. Take it or leave it.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
635 posts
9,053 battles
19 hours ago, Gojuadorai said:

you even bothered to think about this?
you know that its a useless resource unless you can get big ammounts of steel?

If it's useless why you want it then? 

How is copper earned? 

What is the challenge to reach rank 1 in sprint? 

All of those were rhetorical question. 

Your suggestion is at best absurd. 

Players
2,762 posts
15,783 battles
16 minuti fa, Episparh ha scritto:

If it's useless why you want it then? 

see thats the problem you make assumptions  *edited*

instead of trying to understand what i suggest cause all you know is people beeing egoistic

which suggests that youre one of them else you would know that there are also people who behave differently...

i have more copper than i need, and i can get mor if i want to.

i also genuinely care about the game its state and health 

...which i more and more question why  cause making suggestions and delivering input is more and more  unapriciated by the general player base which seems to cosist mainly of people like you !

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

[BOATY]
Players
635 posts
9,053 battles
5 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

see thats the problem you make assumptions  that are bs

instead of trying to understand what i suggest cause all you know is people beeing egoistic

which suggests that youre one of them else you would know that there are also people who behave differently...

i have more copper than i need, and i can get mor if i want to.

i also genuinely care about the game its state and health 

...which i more and more question why  cause making suggestions and delivering input is more and more  unapriciated by the general player base which seems to cosist mainly of people like you !

And you draw that conclusion how exactly? 

I see a suggestion for giving a hard earned resource virtually for free. 

So who's gonna benefit from that? The t5 newbie with a 100 battles trying ranked or the 20k battles player who comes for a free copper?

The game state and health do not need that. Actually the game should punish seal clubbing behaviour if we want the game to improve. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts

Can I suggest implementation of copper to doubloons exchange?

I propose 1 copper - 2000 doubloons. :Smile_trollface:

I from the mountain thank you...

Players
1,283 posts
9,776 battles
Vor 23 Stunden, Oberendgegner sagte:

Ranked sprint was invented for players who don't have the time/ability/willingness to take part in the long regular ranked season.

No it wasn't. If it was, they'd have chosen Tier VI or banned premiums.

Players
2,762 posts
15,783 battles
3 hours ago, Episparh said:

I see a suggestion for giving a hard earned resource virtually for free. 

one of the hars truths in gaming  is if you do not have a really realy elaborate economy (e.g. EVE) you have to devalue old content

to prevent new players from feeling excluded.

either by powercreep - which is bad
or by making it more accesable 

the thing why i like the idea so much is that it would devalue something that is not crucial while at the same time iit would inspiere motivation in new players to get the steel and engage more in the game.

i dont care any more if my skins are devalued because since they introduced copper they were already devalued to a point where having a camo is not a signal any more that you did 7xR1

and frankly im bit confused why you stil insist it was something of great value its not like a extra copper next sprint would be the world.
even if someone got it then he would still need 2x regular R1 to get a ship and put  a camo on.

with the only difference that without it a portion of the players would never try to achive it.....

as it stands i see way more benefits at little cost

which is just triming the e-peen of some players if at all,

and honestly if you have the camos you probably also have the stalingrad which is a better show off than a camo on the black or flint

2 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Can I suggest implementation of copper to doubloons exchange?

I propose 1 copper - 2000 doubloons. :Smile_trollface:

I from the mountain thank you...

lol

Sign in to follow this