Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Discount for tier X permanent camo.

20 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,135 battles

Just a quick question my fellow veteran Captains,
was there ever a discount for perma camo for tier Xs?
If there was I presume it was during Christmass holidays, but I can't recall if that was the case.

Thank you.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts

Given bonuses this camo gives, I'd be surprised if there ever was a discount.

This camo is broken as hell.

[JRM]
Players
1,090 posts
14,212 battles

Not to my recolection, might be best strategy to wait for some of those "double doubloon" offers and cut the hit that way

[TOXIC]
Players
1,252 posts
16,939 battles

In my 3 years of playing WoWs there was only one discount on permanent camos and even than only on T6-T9 (50% discount just before US Cruiser line split). There was never a discount on T10 camos as far as I know.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,135 battles

Thanks guys, it's the way I thought then.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

Never for 10. I think there was once for tier 9, though.

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles
15 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Never for 10. I think there was once for tier 9, though.

There was once a discount for ALL premium camo from tier6 to tier9.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,223 posts
18,530 battles

i'm dead sure at least once (or even twice) since i joined, comparativly lately.... t10 perma camos for 2.5k dubs, yes sir!... just couldnt find it again after a short lookup :/.

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles
2 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

i'm dead sure at least once (or even twice) since i joined, comparativly lately.... t10 perma camos for 2.5k dubs, yes sir!... just couldnt find it again after a short lookup :/.

No, that never happend.

Tier10 prem camo had never a discount.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
641 posts
12,009 battles

Unfortunately no, been playing since 2016, never happened for T10s, apart from the already mentioned HSF and US camos, obtainable via missions 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,223 posts
18,530 battles

oh, ok ^^.... not even for the hsf yammie camo? i can recall i just had bought the last 10 perma a few before and then got me the fletcher and some other camos below t10. but i mean to recall i did take a choice between like some lowtier ones versus one hightier ^^.... well then, simply could be mistaken, thx :Smile_honoring:

[-GG-]
Players
166 posts
10,938 battles
2 hours ago, Blixies said:

If there was I presume it was during Christmass holidays, but I can't recall if that was the case.

Thank you.

Never.

I play WoWs for three years now and they never gave a discount for any perma camo, no matter which tier.

For some tech tree tier VI,VIII ships, Yamato and Worcester perma camo was obtainable through events. 

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I've never seen it too. But are you considering buying a perma cammo OP? I realise I'm straying off topic here a bit but if you do consider I'd advice to do that real good. Three reasons why. I have bought several premium cammo's on ships. My main reason is because I'm performing on an average level. I almost gave up playing T10 because of the ever returning punishments: "good job, Ferry. You did your utmost best, got a mediocre result. That'll be 200k." The premium cammo's rightfully  don't give any more combat advantages but only economic. So I was very happy with them. Until there came a lot of missions where one could win premium cammo's for free. Giving the same advantages. Call me a whiner but that made me felt burned a bit. Yes I too have equal chance to win those, they often look great and I fully grand everybody the "possession" of them but it has made me think trice before even spending RL money for a premium cammo. Secondly, and that's purely my own fault, quite a few ships on which I bought premium cammo's turned out to be a huge disappointment. F.e. Yamato. But also Worcester. "Noob! That's a great ship!" Yeah. I just hate the laying behind islands pewpewing one trick ponies. And finally the endless nerfing. Shimakaze has been nerfed to oblivion. Once one of the most feared ships has become the laughing stock in wows now.

Anyway. That's my thoughts and advice OP. I'm not considering paying RL money on premium cammo's any time soon. Not saying never. But my considerations made me very weary of investing in that in the future.

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles
28 minutes ago, radius77 said:

I play WoWs for three years now and they never gave a discount for any perma camo, no matter which tier.

That is utterly wrong.

Wargaming offered once a 50% discount on ANY premium camo for ANY ship from tier5 up to tier9.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/i-love-goooold/

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,096 posts
8,839 battles

Hi all,

2 hours ago, Blixies said:

Thank you.

Not long time ago I posted thread both here and at Reddit about it:

Unfortunately the answers were not encouraging... :Smile_sad:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
2,814 posts
12,775 battles

One of the main features of this "Free to Play" game is to persuade the "Average Joe" (and even the "Good Joe") to use their wallet to play tier X.

So of course, there never has been, nor likely will be any discount on permanent camo for Tier X ships.

In that case, you may ask, why would people want to play tier X?

Well one major reason is that you get $hitty matchmaking in Tier 8 & 9 (plus some "challenging" tier 9's) to induce "grind frustration".

This is what happens when there is no meaningful competition for a product - Monopolies exploit their position.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles

Never gonna happen and you know why?

Image result for it just good business gif

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,135 battles
3 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Never gonna happen and you know why?

Image result for it just good business gif

Yeah well, IMHO it's one of the best investments if you ask me, so I'm fine with it.
image.png.cae438fad96ef73d018932f209c0845c.png

Sign in to follow this