You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nordavindr

Can't finish Ovechkin mission?

35 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
[OCTO]
Players
82 posts
6,014 battles

image.png.c264a29b49757ece2d9772d96bfb7428.png

Could anyone enlighten me what else is to do in this mission? 

it is 5/5

I have 500/500 in Hit Enemy ships and 100/100 damage modules.

Yet the mission in not completed.

[OCTO]
[OCTO]
Players
82 posts
6,014 battles

I thought of that but there is no separate progress bar for that. The only one which is there is already 500/500

[DAVY]
Players
1,555 posts
9,122 battles

you have zero secondary hits yet, when you do the bar will show

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
2,363 posts
6,033 battles
7 minutes ago, Nordavindr said:

I thought of that but there is no separate progress bar for that. The only one which is there is already 500/500

The progress bar only starts up when you get your first secondary hit (the other bars were similarly blank when the mission first opened up).

Grab your ship with the naughtiest secondaries, mount a suitable flag, and drive into the middle of a bunch of bots in Coop - you'll get it done in a few battles. I think I used KM BBs (T7&8) to get mine done in a few minutes...

Edit: you have several of the KM battleships that I used, I see - it'll be easy for you...

[NED]
Players
4,281 posts
11,774 battles

Indeed. The secondary mission. My tip: spec your Bismarck fully secondary and play some coops. It's a formality there. Took me 3 games (with Tirpitz) to finish it.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles
10 minutes ago, Nordavindr said:

Ok. Thanks for fast feedback.

Will take my Bismark for a spin and see how it goes. 

Probably easiest done in Coop

Took me 3 times playing Bismarck/GK. 200+ in each of them, only because my team killed them too fast. You could get more probably

[TF57]
Players
14 posts
4,008 battles

Scharnhorst, rigged for secondary fire with flags & Co-Op for me, doesn't take that many battles, just steam to the nearest BB//CL/A but watch if go against another German BB as they have a tendency to slam some torps into you. 

[-TXG-]
Players
2,391 posts

2 bismark battles in a coop....got reported in the second game for not firing at an enemy Monarch with my main guns which was rammed into an island with me parked right next to it....snigger.....412 secondary hits. :Smile_Default:

edit - to add to the thread, i wish all players would use coop for missions when they are available to do so, so that it doesn't bugger up randoms where players only think of completing a daft mission rather than play for the win. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
943 posts
5,305 battles
33 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

edit - to add to the thread, i wish all players would use coop for missions when they are available to do so, so that it doesn't bugger up randoms where players only think of completing a daft mission rather than play for the win. 

That's really only the case if they change the way they play in order to get the achievements.  Personally, I just the game and the achievements tend to unlock - just longer than it takes other players.

I did take out my Scharnhorst, Tirpitz and Bismark today though.   I also used the french BBs and they added some secondary hits.   I'll complete the secondary requirement tomorrow when I take out the German BBs again.

[OGHF]
Players
624 posts
11,416 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

Indeed. The secondary mission. My tip: spec your Bismarck fully secondary and play some coops. It's a formality there. Took me 3 games (with Tirpitz) to finish it.

And play it in Co-Op, also Belfast for Modules and Minotaur for Main.

[NED]
Players
4,281 posts
11,774 battles
2 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

And play it in Co-Op, also Belfast for Modules and Minotaur for Main.

OP already has the modules. But good advice overall. I used HE with Tirpitz for that... It's a "soft module dmg" mission btw. So AA and secondaries destructions also count. No need to harvest 100 actual ribbons.

Players
1,271 posts
9,653 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Nordavindr sagte:

Will take my Bismark for a spin and see how it goes. 

The quickest way is to do Operation Sunray in the Darkness in the BB (Magnu-S), with a secondaries build.

700-800 hits per game are normal if you survive till the end, and currently there is absolutely no problem being immediately invited to divisions because of those RN Arc directives.

• Cool 1

Players
1,058 posts
7,332 battles

I can't be bothered with the final stage of missions like that. Play lots of co-op games in a Gneisenau to get something or other. Answer: no.

I think I need the Free XP at Stage 4 more than the captain, tbh. Probably more useful than this hockey stick bloke.

Players
3,711 posts
5,988 battles
2 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

2 bismark battles in a coop....got reported in the second game for not firing at an enemy Monarch with my main guns which was rammed into an island with me parked right next to it....snigger.....412 secondary hits. :Smile_Default:

Yup. I did the same thing. People get triggered by that, funny. :cap_hmm: Blame WG for making such a mission tbh.

Players
2,555 posts
6,916 battles
2 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

The quickest way is to do Operation Sunray in the Darkness in the BB (Magnu-S), with a secondaries build.

700-800 hits per game are normal if you survive till the end, and currently there is absolutely no problem being immediately invited to divisions because of those RN Arc directives.

This is what I did.

I did the primary hits in the same way, with the cruiser MBRB you get crazy amount of hits! :cap_rambo:

Players
2,132 posts
2 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

That didn't occur to me, I just did a couple of COOP's in GK, your way would have been more fun.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,391 posts
8 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

That's really only the case if they change the way they play in order to get the achievements. 

True...but take the RN mission for British dd's to get potential damage. Countless numbers of the idiots sailing around in full view of the enemy in randoms trying to get shot at and not giving a flying Fk.

[ITA_5]
Players
212 posts
5,406 battles
9 ore fa, bushwacker001 ha scritto:

That's it! Absolutely agree!!!

[JRM]
Players
1,056 posts
14,085 battles
1 hour ago, bushwacker001 said:

True...but take the RN mission for British dd's to get potential damage. Countless numbers of the idiots sailing around in full view of the enemy in randoms trying to get shot at and not giving a flying Fk.

Yeah that was demented, as if a gunboat dd has problems collecting potential damage :fish_palm: whenever you push a cap a bit and end in a knife fight you ll have a cra**ad of ordinance coming your way in matter of seconds, u need but to do your job and wiggle