Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Superstitions and Ships / Loadouts?

29 comments in this topic

Players
864 posts
3,967 battles

Do any of you have any superstitions relating to how you play in WOWS?

Could be anything a certain ship you dont play / or if you see it in battle you know you are gonna lose?

Maybe certain "loadouts" on ships are a no-go for you, or even flag / signal flag combinations?

I am superstitious about having Hotel Yankee and Juliet Charlie signal flags mounted on the same ship, you will never see me fly both at the same time as such battles never end well for me. "Touches Wood"

Edited by ___V_E_N_O_M___
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
3,920 posts
7,767 battles
14 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I am superstitious about having Hotel Charlie and Juliet Yankee signal flags mounted on the same ship, you will never see me fly both at the same time as such battles never end well for me. "Touches Wood"

well, its a good thing that neither of those actually exist then! How about Hotel Yankee and Juliet Charlie? Are those koscher to you? :Smile-_tongue:

I used to swear that my Tirpitz couldnt hit anything without the accuracy mod - felt like that had way more of an impact on that specific ship than it had any right to...

• Funny 1

Players
864 posts
3,967 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

well, its a good thing that neither of those actually exist then! How about Hotel Yankee and Juliet Charlie? Are those koscher to you? :Smile-_tongue:

I used to swear that my Tirpitz couldnt hit anything without the accuracy mod - felt like that had way more of an impact on that specific ship than it had any right to...

Thats the ones and yeh they are not koscher, I never mount both. I never change the modules on my BBs except for slot 6, I am worried about performance if I change the basic modules too much. So yeh I get what you mean.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,709 posts
9,234 battles

I never mount XP modules without a detonation flag.

I could swear that my rate of spontaneous booms shot up whenever I flew flags and painted my ship bright colors.
RIP that one Spring Sky camo with all the XP flags you can imagine.

2k XP on a 200% first of the day.
That was not a happy victory.

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,815 posts
14,197 battles

Shimakaze.

She is just plain useless in literally every situation. The guns are bad, the torps are bad, speed, maneuverability and concealment are very meh, utility offers nothing special and AA is bad.

There is literally nothing this ship does that other DDs cannot do better. Want gun power? Every other line has you covered. Torpedoes? Fletcher and Gearing say hi. Utility? Again the USN line has her beat hard. Speed and maneuverability? If you wanna go fast, go for the Russians, don't actually know which DD line is the most maneuverable currently. AA? Grozovoi will make CVs cry.

Whenever I see a match in which my team has a lot of Shimas while the enemy team has stuff like Z-52s, Gearings, Grozos and Harus, I pretty much assume we've lost by default.

• Bad 1

Players
864 posts
3,967 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Shimakaze.

She is just plain useless in literally every situation. The guns are bad, the torps are bad, speed, maneuverability and concealment are very meh, utility offers nothing special and AA is bad.

There is literally nothing this ship does that other DDs cannot do better. Want gun power? Every other line has you covered. Torpedoes? Fletcher and Gearing say hi. Utility? Again the USN line has her beat hard. Speed and maneuverability? If you wanna go fast, go for the Russians, don't actually know which DD line is the most maneuverable currently. AA? Grozovoi will make CVs cry.

Whenever I see a match in which my team has a lot of Shimas while the enemy team has stuff like Z-52s, Gearings, Grozos and Harus, I pretty much assume we've lost by default.

But is this ship bad to you because it is so on paper or do you "feel" it is bad and fear taking it out? Do you have a superstitious relationship with the shima?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,815 posts
14,197 battles
10 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Do you have a superstitious relationship with the shima?

My superstition is that the moment my team has more Shimas I've pretty much lost by default. Could be true, could be false.

I don't think anyone can really say that she performs well both on paper and in battle.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,289 posts
11,774 battles

Ah! Finally! Written proof of my suspicions! Every signal I strap means 1 tier higher ship I'm facing! Premium consumable = +2 tiers. AA build (defensive AA) means no CV match and vv! I knew it! I knew it all along. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,138 battles

Funny of you to mention... I despise the Nippon navy, and do not touch the Shimakaze or Zao, seeing them as detrimental to our victory. :Smile_veryhappy: 

• Funny 1

[BNBS]
Players
376 posts

Mogami - I felt that I could stay in port and still end up being citadeled by something; seagull crap would probably do it.  Thinking about it now and I can hear the ear popping sound of a citadel hit.

Bismark & Edinburgh - Because when I jump in either Wargaming knows that's my secret signal to their servers to keep me in T10 matches all night because I'm an attention whore for T10 ammunition and 4 hours of it is never enough.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
475 posts
4,309 battles

well I usually sail in a paper cruiser (DM) and when I see multiple Yamatos I tend to sink in my chair.

• Funny 2

[BONI]
Players
1,090 posts
9,598 battles

I would say ''the moment you take hydro instead of DefAA the next match will have CVs'' but CVs are too endangered for that to be believable. At least in the top tiers.

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Players
57 posts
5,486 battles

No matter what i'm doing i will somehow be burning its almost like my trait when playing ships. :fish_palm:

Sailing DD's and doing my best (I'm not great) Fire everywhere. Maybe take my Cruiser out... Fire everywhere. Its best not to talk about BB's and Fire... :Smile_hiding:

Its almost like a dark cloud that hangs over me :cap_look: 

Players
864 posts
3,967 battles
2 hours ago, IJNBattleship_Kongo said:

No matter what i'm doing i will somehow be burning its almost like my trait when playing ships. :fish_palm:

Sailing DD's and doing my best (I'm not great) Fire everywhere. Maybe take my Cruiser out... Fire everywhere. Its best not to talk about BB's and Fire... :Smile_hiding:

Its almost like a dark cloud that hangs over me :cap_look: 

Why do you think this happens? Are you really jinxed or could technicalities be the cause? Is there something else you can try, different captain skills, flags and module combos to mitigate fire risk?

• Funny 1

[BLUMR]
Players
57 posts
5,486 battles
Just now, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Why do you think this happens? Are you really jinxed or could technicalities be the cause? Is there something else you can try, captain skills, flags and module combo to mitigate fire risk?

Trust me! Im 300% Jinxed i have everything to prevent it, not running fire prevention on my DD's before you ask...:Smile_amazed: (I did consider it at one point it was that bad) 
I just think its all bad luck some games though :etc_red_button:

[PMI]
Players
2,479 posts
5,859 battles
19 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Do any of you have any superstitions relating to how you play in WOWS?

Could be anything a certain ship you dont play / or if you see it in battle you know you are gonna lose?

Maybe certain "loadouts" on ships are a no-go for you, or even flag / signal flag combinations?

I am superstitious about having Hotel Yankee and Juliet Charlie signal flags mounted on the same ship, you will never see me fly both at the same time as such battles never end well for me. "Touches Wood"

Its all in your head, and since you believe in that, then yes, you are affected.

Superstition is usually akin to ignorance, try educating yourself?

Players
450 posts
1,615 battles

I'll never take XP flags, especially special signals, without a Juliet Charlie mounted, but I wouldn't really call that a superstition – it's more like an insurance policy. I got some subscriber camos from a stream recently, have used 7 so far and lost every single time (own performance variable), so I could joke that they're cursed if I wasn't so boringly rational as to say 'eh, it's just a small sample size innit?' :cap_horn:

I feel like I am often better focused and thus play better if I stick 'Only for the Weak' by In Flames on before logging in (banging tune in and of itself which has aged very well indeed, imo). Maybe it's something about the measured pace and precisely controlled aggression of that song that gets me in the headspace for WOWS, or maybe it's just a pattern my mind has invented for me/a kind of placebo effect. I guess that's the nearest I have to a proper gaming superstition.

Players
413 posts
4,844 battles
19 hours ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

The Yorck...

:Smile_ohmy:

It's pure nightmare fuel.

The complete opposite for me. Whenever I sail it I am confident of a good result. Iowa on the other hand I expect from the star 99% overpens. Same goes for Fletcher, but on shell hits per salvo. Self-fullfilling protect, I guess, so not sure if it's a superstition.

Players
864 posts
3,967 battles
3 hours ago, Juanx said:

Its all in your head, and since you believe in that, then yes, you are affected.

Superstition is usually akin to ignorance, try educating yourself?

JuanJuanJuan baby, stop image.gif.710edee60688395ae3ace222f5d2a360.gif you always have something bad to say or irrelevant. What are you talking about mate.......

Everyone here feels some kind of jinx in the game and have explained what that jinx may be, your comments although a meager attempt at trolling me are in fact aimed at everyone in the thread if they are saying the same thing as me!

Now please fly away before you hurt yourself anymore, maybe take a leaf out of trumps hair for inspiration:

image.gif.5e83439ba28fde3229c28b10ae5a6e94.gif

Players
864 posts
3,967 battles
21 minutes ago, EgyptOverseer said:

The complete opposite for me. Whenever I sail it I am confident of a good result. Iowa on the other hand I expect from the star 99% overpens. Same goes for Fletcher, but on shell hits per salvo. Self-fullfilling protect, I guess, so not sure if it's a superstition.

You are definitely jinxed with the IOWA mate I remember your daily gripes about it :P

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,204 posts
2,458 battles

When I go for a full XP credit, commander XP flag loadout in a T8, I'm always the only T8 in a T10 battle

• Angry 1

Players
776 posts
12,491 battles

There was a time when I loathed having Papa Papa signals in port, I was nervous and my performance dropped until I used all of them. I also used to equip Takao with Juliet Charlie whenever I took her for a battle, worrying about massive rants if she detonated after hearing the screams when set on fire.

As for recent "superstitions", Shimakaze's camo has to be Type 1, Type 5 for Minotaur and Type 2 for all the IJN CVs but Hakuryu. Any other paintings on those ships mean poking the penguin.

8 minutes ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Self-fullfilling protect, I guess, so not sure if it's a superstition.

Yes, in most cases it's just that. Out of some initial triggering (like a losing streak) your mind looks for something equal in each battle trying to find the cause, then you subconciously convince yourself that it was due to that particular thing and handicap yourself whenever it happens again.

Salute.

Players
342 posts
834 battles

I’d say divisioning up with my brother in pvp randoms(others seems fine). As far as I can tell, when we do that, MM will first throw us in a uptierdd game 80% of the time, even though we are both using t7s, and then to rub more salt in the wound, puts every

6000191272324.jpg.ff172af602dedca959a2d9092db4c4bf.jpg

It can find On my side and then puts these guys:

lm85NpBs5MRj5e2PBcTwsPDbdmUYMC8HbVCf4GF6f0Y.jpg.47d9c53a93de29cf4540f93e1ad03ae0.jpg

on the red team.

when we are on our own, it’s mostly okayish game quality, but as soon as we div up, that happens :P.

In other words i need more tips on how to carry harder in nagato(and possibly some for New Orleans to share with my bro later) cause my brother seems to generate a -30 luck field for all things pvp related.

Sign in to follow this