Sign in to follow this  
Cyclops_

Salem

25 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
637 posts
11,484 battles

Just got the Salem, just wondering is it worth putting on the enhanced Radar upgrade rather than Damage Control System into slot 2 ????

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I don't have Salem. Still I'd say hell yeah if you have one lying around.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,180 posts
16,687 battles
3 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Just got the Salem, just wondering is it worth putting on the enhanced Radar upgrade rather than Damage Control System into slot 2 ????

Yes. Every second of radar counts, while fire is meaningless to Salem. In fact it's godbless becouse your AR will kick in.

Anyway you can't just use 3-4 repair parties - each 20k, becouse you just will not have enough HP to repair in that ship.

[CROPS]
Players
159 posts
12,168 battles

Can anyone suggest skill setup? Just got her today and i didnt go far with us ca since they dont have torps. Guns are amazing, armor not bad, stealth is great and she shreds planes like crazy. I noticed some interesting secondaries but guns reload so fast that u dont need those at all... However skipper skill suggestion would be highly appreciated.

[UK-RN]
Beta Tester
448 posts
5,968 battles

John Doe if you have him. The enhanced Expert Loader is ideal for this ship. It is an almost instant ammo change. I Use John Doe on my DM, so i share him between the DM, The Mo and the Salem.

Priority Target, I Use AR, Superintendant and Concealment Expert. Thats my 10 points, but i also use Expert Marksman as a second 2 point skill

[CROPS]
Players
159 posts
12,168 battles

I put 10 point skipper too. John Doe is ex Steven Seagal? I think i put that one on gearing. 

I did noticed that my turrets are kinda sluggish, probably because of the module. I think reload booster slows turret for some 15%. In hard turn i lose track of my prey even at mid/ long range. That doesnt happen with hindi...

[UK-RN]
Beta Tester
448 posts
5,968 battles

I use the Range Mod on both Salem and DM. The base 5 sec reload is enough DPM for me, i feel i value more from the range. I use the Reload mod on the Mino and Worcester though, as the Range mod seems to make hitting things beond 15km imposible. Also those ships have  decent enough turret traverse to not be too negivily impacted by the relod mod. John Doe is/was Steven Seagal yes.

• Cool 1

[CROPS]
Players
159 posts
12,168 battles

Thx Mike. I think i will demount reload mod. I am suffering when brawling fast ships. I took adrenalin rush and will try with range mod since i find 15.8km lacking.

Thx a bunch m8.

[OCTO]
[OCTO]
Players
82 posts
6,014 battles

i plan to make one of the ships maxed out AA platform . i.e:

Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1

AA Guns Modification 2

AA Guns Modification 3

Basic Firing Training

Advanced Firing Training

I think Salem would suit better for the role.

On DM I would play around with range / legendary module and  Aiming Systems Modification 1

If CV is in queue take Salem, else take DM 

;-)

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,221 posts
3,284 battles
1 hour ago, Nordavindr said:

i plan to make one of the ships maxed out AA platform . i.e:

Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1

AA Guns Modification 2

AA Guns Modification 3

Basic Firing Training

Advanced Firing Training

I think Salem would suit better for the role.

On DM I would play around with range / legendary module and  Aiming Systems Modification 1

If CV is in queue take Salem, else take DM 

;-)

Yeah, DM has longer-range radar, I would gear that for anti-ship (radar and hydro) and Salem for anti-air.

Although given the consumable choices, I'd prolly then take a spotter and reload mod on Salem for long-range quick fire bombardment, and range mod on DM because I don't want to ditch radar. 

But then again, if you wanna sniff-out ships in smoke with DM, maybe best maximise your DPM and go with reload instead of range? So many possibilites, so many choices, I can't make my mind up!

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
576 posts
14,176 battles
1 hour ago, piritskenyer said:

Yeah, DM has longer-range radar, I would gear that for anti-ship (radar and hydro) and Salem for anti-air.

Although given the consumable choices, I'd prolly then take a spotter and reload mod on Salem for long-range quick fire bombardment, and range mod on DM because I don't want to ditch radar. 

But then again, if you wanna sniff-out ships in smoke with DM, maybe best maximise your DPM and go with reload instead of range? So many possibilites, so many choices, I can't make my mind up!

Salem doesn't get a spotter plane.

[CROPS]
Players
159 posts
12,168 battles

Well i did switch reload for range module and the ship feels much better now. I can track target in tight turns, spam shells at 18km, dpm dropped but the range makes up for it very well. Just got first kraken with it. Now if i could only make this ship win it would be awesome :)

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,221 posts
3,284 battles
4 hours ago, tsounts said:

Salem doesn't get a spotter plane.

Oh well, shows you how well I know the ship :(

[BGNAV]
Players
135 posts
5,428 battles

What does Salem offer that DM does not have? This is not sarcasm, but a legitimate question.

I've heard something about the heal. Is it good?

Since she does not have access to the Legendary Upgrade, is she as sluggish as stock DM?

The radar has less range. Is there a benefit to that (like duration or something)?

Better AA, maybe?

I have DM+LU+premium camo. I don't know if there's a point in getting the Salem, which is why I am asking.

PS: I don't care about the spotter plane - I hate "Des Memes" players in my team and I will never be one.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
576 posts
14,176 battles
18 hours ago, almitov said:

What does Salem offer that DM does not have? This is not sarcasm, but a legitimate question.

I've heard something about the heal. Is it good?

Since she does not have access to the Legendary Upgrade, is she as sluggish as stock DM?

The radar has less range. Is there a benefit to that (like duration or something)?

Better AA, maybe?

I have DM+LU+premium camo. I don't know if there's a point in getting the Salem, which is why I am asking.

PS: I don't care about the spotter plane - I hate "Des Memes" players in my team and I will never be one.

Well, to be honest it's an identical ship except for the mino heal, if you really want that ok but gameplay is totally similar.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:51 AM, tsounts said:

Well, to be honest it's an identical ship except for the mino heal, if you really want that ok but gameplay is totally similar.

Not quite. She only has the Atlanta short range, short duration radar. The heal allows you to vanilla cruiser more than just island hump.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
576 posts
14,176 battles
9 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Not quite. She only has the Atlanta short range, short duration radar. The heal allows you to vanilla cruiser more than just island hump.

Yep, but radar duration and range were already covered.

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,097 posts
9,631 battles

Is Superintendent any good on it? You might think you want more of that superheal but I suspect 4 charges is absolute overkill when you factor in unhealable damage, not just from cits but from regular pens too.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
576 posts
14,176 battles
On 12/24/2018 at 11:26 AM, MoveZig said:

Is Superintendent any good on it? You might think you want more of that superheal but I suspect 4 charges is absolute overkill when you factor in unhealable damage, not just from cits but from regular pens too.

Well, there is no 100% accurate answer, sometimes you may need it and some times not.  Everything in this game is based on probabilities and numbers (eg. RNG)

[WTFNO]
Players
84 posts

The Des Moines is the first Tier 10 I unlocked back in the day and the one I play the least. The reason is that its gameplay is so unique, I'd like to be better at it before I ruin people's T10 random games. But in co-op bots just charge ahead so there's no way to practice properly. BUT, on the few occasions I played my DM in pvp, I did best with a more active, less huggy playstyle.

So my question is this: will the extra heal on the Salem make moving about more at least somewhat viable? Is the armor plating the same?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,595 posts
6,879 battles
3 hours ago, ScoutMkoll said:

Is the armor plating the same? 

Armour's identical

[SWTP]
Players
450 posts
6,751 battles
4 godziny temu, ScoutMkoll napisał:

The Des Moines is the first Tier 10 I unlocked back in the day and the one I play the least. The reason is that its gameplay is so unique, I'd like to be better at it before I ruin people's T10 random games. But in co-op bots just charge ahead so there's no way to practice properly. BUT, on the few occasions I played my DM in pvp, I did best with a more active, less huggy playstyle.

So my question is this: will the extra heal on the Salem make moving about more at least somewhat viable? Is the armor plating the same?

You will get blapped when broadside as often as with Des. The same armour. On the other side, I never worry about fires or flooding with this lolheal. You can't heal full 50% of citadel damage like Mino, but still, sometimes it is insane how much and most of all how quickly you can recover. Bow on vs bow on in HE fights nothing can beat you because of this. Except for Hindy with torps, but then you will AP if he tries to torp you.  Luck of hydro can be a problem vs DDs. If you insist on active gameplay in USA CA legendary upgraded DM will be better IMHO.

[WTFNO]
Players
84 posts
12 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

If you insist on active gameplay in USA CA legendary upgraded DM will be better IMHO.

Thanks, in that case I'll stick with the DM. I hope people will forgive my silly gameplay while I learn. I may need to stick to weekends, you know, to hide among the special players.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this