Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ostria74

Daring crap

38 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
23 posts
7,688 battles

*edit

Edited by Rvirgo
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 3

[SNUBS]
Players
1,287 posts
6,828 battles
24 minutes ago, Ostria74 said:

with both talented captain

BUT thats the thing it DID not have  a talented captain. :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 3

[RAIN]
Players
105 posts
9,767 battles

The Royal Navy DD's are among the most fun DD's I have ever played in this game!! :cap_viking:

• Cool 4

Players
2,138 posts
23 hours ago, Ostria74 said:

*edit

That's what Last Stand is for and why any DD player with a brain uses it on every DD they have.

As to your graceful exit (with a rant post rather than just uninstalling and leaving) there's only 1 sensible response.

Image result for goodbye who cares gif

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,815 posts
5,688 battles

Maybe don't try free xp skipping to the tier X when you have zero experience with gun boat DD?

• Cool 11

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,134 battles

OP: the vast majority of your games are in top tiers i.e. you don't seem to have spent the time learning how DDs (or other classes) work at lower tiers.

Are you really terribly surprised that you then get tonked when you drop straight into high tiers in a brand-new DD line that is noted for being slow, and therefore tough to escape in when spotted?

• Cool 3

[EIRE]
[EIRE]
Beta Tester
327 posts
19,598 battles

wow those stats speak for themselves... as has been stated, you need to drop back down the tiers and learn the whole ship line if you want to be good. also suggest watching some youtube

• Cool 2

[RBMF]
286 posts
6,478 battles

You might want to consider, instead of spending money FreeXPing past lines you dont know how to play. Go back to tier 1 and learn the game mechanics, or go look at informational videos on youtube or even the world of warships tutorials.... if you don't then good bye.

[BNBS]
Players
376 posts
4 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

It seems to be doing quite well

1050221523_Skarmavbild2018-10-22kl_19_01_02.thumb.png.02dfbdf3f5fe36d1923502c3ddb7fa82.png

There ya go, spoiling a perfectly good, totally personal, subjective rant with your objective facts.  Shame on you!  :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[BGBRD]
Players
277 posts
9,318 battles
9 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Yea lets have broken OP ships like Daring was in testing phase pre-release.

Broken?OP? How so?

[BGBRD]
Players
277 posts
9,318 battles

The RN DDs are like the RN CLs, they need a "bit" more game experience in order to make them work... 

I think this is the polite way to say "git gud" :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[FRDF]
Players
182 posts
2,810 battles
10 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

Broken?OP? How so?

Daring had 5.5km concealment in testing, so a gunboat that can outspot shima seems little broken :D

[S-S-F]
Players
132 posts
3,711 battles

I have to admit that I haven't grinded the RN-DD line yet, but played a few of the ships after I received them from the recent missions. The Jervis for example was one of the most potent and versatile DDs I have played for a long time. Have I got wrecked due to tactical mistakes and due to lacking knowledge of the ship a few times? Absolutely, but I knew that those mistakes were to blame on me, not on the ship. I can remember the early times when I started to play the US-DDs for the first time - my stats have been pretty low. I am still by no means a pro yet, but I think my numbers are constantly growing. So just don't give up yet if you struggle during the first few games with a specific ship or line, sometimes you just need to adjust your playstyle. Once you have figured out how the ship/line needs to be played, every single tree got it's own strengths that just need to be put to use. And that demands the skill of the captain, not the ship itself... WoWs isn't always completely straight forward, so sometimes you need to invest a bit of time and efforts in order to improve your game. If you have a different opinion about that, this game might not be the right choice for you to be honest...

• Cool 2

[BGBRD]
Players
277 posts
9,318 battles
2 minutes ago, Naesil said:

Daring had 5.5km concealment in testing, so a gunboat that can outspot shima seems little broken :D

Not to me... after all it's the slowest DD and don't have engine boost... 

• Cool 1

Players
796 posts
8,346 battles

@Ostria74 *edit

You see, this is what separates the good players from the bad. The good players will say "How I am playing right now doesn't work, let's see what I can change to make it work." Bad players will blame anything and everything but themselves for their poor results. 

Do you want to be in the first group? Then ask the forum for tips, for captain builds, for specs, for advice and whatnot. Instead of ranting that the ship is bad, because it is not. 

Have a nice day, bye.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WGB]
Players
2,062 posts
26,056 battles
13 hours ago, Ostria74 said:

I think you mean Hillman Imp, Morris were very good engines, so much so, Japanese car manufacturer Datsun based and modified their 120Y and Sunny engines on them. 

• Cool 2

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,354 battles
13 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

It seems to be doing quite well

1050221523_Skarmavbild2018-10-22kl_19_01_02.thumb.png.02dfbdf3f5fe36d1923502c3ddb7fa82.png

Although this thread is total nonsense, your argument is invalid as well. That 2500 Daring games are all played by unicums and players with waaaay too much money and battles played. It shows nothing, way too little sample size.

• Cool 4

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,751 battles
12 minutes ago, kfa said:

Although this thread is total nonsense, your argument is invalid as well. That 2500 Daring games are all played by unicums and players with waaaay too much money and battles played. It shows nothing, way too little sample size.

And also clueless players like the OP ;)

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,409 posts
15,160 battles
19 minutes ago, kfa said:

The very fact the OP has posted makes you statement wrong

player.thumb.png.75bda45b2bd66eee9fa8e02665e4a223.png

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,354 battles
25 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

The very fact the OP has posted makes you statement wrong

player.thumb.png.75bda45b2bd66eee9fa8e02665e4a223.png

Yeah right cause WG always balances ships right in the next patch after release and not after 4 month. The 2500 sample size is totally relevant. yes. :fish_palm: