You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Clans: Fight Against Another Region! - Discussion Thread

Tuccy

The Сlan battles test of the season "The North" has been moved to the next week for technical reasons. From October 29 till November 04, four gaming sessions will be available: on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday. We are working on troubleshooting and sorry for the inconvenience.

Message added by Tuccy

141 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
24 posts
2,222 battles

I second @__Helmut_Kohl__'s question. Would WG consider adding another day to make up for today's cancelled session? It'd help players get more games in as well as give you guys a larger sample for testing. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles

Today's testing window cancelled due to technical difficulties.

Pray tell, could those technical difficulties have anything to do with how you guys only broke the news ... today?

Because that's a pretty short notice for clans to assemble an ad-hoc clan battle team and I'm sure that even if the testing went live today there'd be a handful clans participating at best simply because they had no bloody idea this would happen.

Seriously WG, improving communication also means to communicate in a timely fashion and not last minute. It helps!

• Bad 1

[LOBUZ]
Players
153 posts
10,632 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Pray tell, could those technical difficulties have anything to do with how you guys only broke the news ... today?

Because that's a pretty short notice for clans to assemble an ad-hoc clan battle team and I'm sure that even if the testing went live today there'd be a handful clans participating at best simply because they had no bloody idea this would happen.

Seriously WG, improving communication also means to communicate in a timely fashion and not last minute. It helps!

There was announcement in patch 7.10 information. Reading with understanding is a nice to have skill in life.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
2 minutes ago, didyoukillme said:

There was announcement in patch 7.10 information. Reading with understanding is a nice to have skill in life.

Funny thing is it still proves my point here.

Currently on a break from playing WoWs so I didn't read the patch notes, yet this test is something I'd come back for a while. So had this been given it's own news article ahead of time there'd be no problem on that front. Giving important details their due time in the spotlight rather than have them all bundled up with other stuff is another crucial aspect in communication after all.

This goes doubly for something that isn't inherently tied to a patch and its own testing initiative!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
27 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I had seen it in the patch notes and was really wondering why there had been no news until today.

When it finally came up way too late, I was thinking the same as you.

Seems like a typical case of lacking communication inside WG, that has always led to screwups.

[WOWS]
[WOWS]
Players
225 posts
12,309 battles

Yaay Announce it on the day of happening! Wait, do you have a life??? Poor you!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
242 posts
13,125 battles
27 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Cancelled? For real?! I just refitted a few ships for CW!

Just for tonight.

Сlan battles test for the season "The North" starting on 22 October has been cancelled for technical reasons. 23, 27 and 28 clan battles will be held in the announced Prime times.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,417 battles

Yeah, I glanced completely over that in the patch notes as well. Then again I hate the formatting of the patch notes (too much useless animations/graphics), so I barely look at them anyways.

Guess I now need to scramble some scrubs together for tomorrow? Or the weekend.

Also, we get so many news articles about useless things, yet no article about this test? Good communication, guess you guys really learned a lot these past years. Well, I guess you learned to say "we are learning".

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,751 battles

+1 for adding in 29th, my work schedule makes only some days viable and i'd shifted things around to be available tonight.

[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,801 battles

Yeah I didn't even see this in the patch notes because of the sheer amount of useless tripe that clutters up the articles in the new format. As such I wasn't aware until today, the day it was supposed to start. Also, holding this during the Ranked Sprint? Yeah not a good idea seeing as all previous seasons have been held when a Ranked mode was not active, I and likely others assumed we wouldn't see more Clan based games until the Sprint was over. 

Really Wargaming at this point it feels like you can't communicate either with your playerbase or even within your own staff, and that your marketing team controls the pace of everything to the detriment of game quality, communication quality and your player's welfare. We've heard 'we're working and learning on our communication'; for nearly four years, and it has never gotten better.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,751 battles
1 minute ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Yeah I didn't even see this in the patch notes because of the sheer amount of useless tripe that clutters up the articles in the new format. As such I wasn't aware until today, the day it was supposed to start. Also, holding this during the Ranked Sprint? Yeah not a good idea seeing as all previous seasons have been held when a Ranked mode was not active, I and likely others assumed we wouldn't see more Clan based games until the Sprint was over. 

Really Wargaming at this point it feels like you can't communicate either with your playerbase or even within your own staff, and that your marketing team controls the pace of everything to the detriment of game quality, communication quality and your player's welfare. We've heard 'we're working and learning on our communication'; for nearly four years, and it has never gotten better.

It was in the patch notes, what do you want? a handwritten invitation, delivered to your butler?

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,417 battles
1 minute ago, PassTheSalt said:

It was in the patch notes, what do you want? a handwritten invitation, delivered to your butler? 

Patch notes should be that... PATCH NOTES

Not event announcements.

[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,801 battles
Just now, PassTheSalt said:

In the patch notes, hidden between two useless pictures and a whole bunch of other text. 

For something of this magnitude, it should have had it's own article at minimum two weeks before the event. That's just logic. 

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,751 battles
Just now, Loran_Battle said:

Patch notes should be that... PATCH NOTES

Not event announcements.

it noted something that was coming in this patch...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,417 battles
5 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

it noted something that was coming in this patch...

Oh ok then

Well WG I think your job just got a lot easier, seems you can announce things like clan battles, ranked and the halloween event purely in patch notes from now on. No need for separate articles.

• Cool 2

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,751 battles

it's a test event for 4 days only (3 now) it was clearly announced, it's not a 6 week season that will affect your larger game, get some perspecive and maybe stop skim reading...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,801 battles
3 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

it's a test event for 4 days only (3 now) it was clearly announced, it's not a 6 week season that will affect your larger game, get some perspecive and maybe stop skim reading...

Could you be any more insulting? 

Also, it has quite clearly reset our clan ranks, and as a test it is important as this may effect how the next full season is conducted. 

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,751 battles
3 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Could you be any more insulting? 

Also, it has quite clearly reset our clan ranks, and as a test it is important as this may effect how the next full season is conducted. 

I could be, but frankly you're not doing a bad job on your own.

[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,801 battles
1 minute ago, PassTheSalt said:

I could be, but frankly you're not doing a bad job on your own.

Yes, conducting my side of the debate in a civil manner despite provocations makes me a very self-insulting person. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,417 battles
4 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

stop skim reading

I will if WG stops making their announcements filled with so much useless crap images and stuff that literally hurts my eyes. I am not kidding. I cannot read the patch notes without feeling a slight headache afterwards. I'm used to simple text patch notes (like most patch notes on steam for example). I really dislike flashy things, cause it is really distracting. And I most certainly hate having to scroll past 2 images after every paragraph.

I often read WGs announcements on reddit actually, cause they often post a simple bulletpoint rundown of things in just plain text.

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,751 battles

i've made neither insults nor provocations, merely pointed out that the information you required was provided and that you seem to have missed it and lay the blame elsewhere.