Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Experience with Repulique LM?

52 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles

Hello dear Captains,
I would like to ask you about your experience with legendary module for the Republic.
The 6% reload advantage sounds very good, but the range just under 20 km feels very limiting at the same time.

What is your personal experience? Does the improved reload justify the gimped range?
Did your average damage go up after installing it?

Thank you in advance.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles

Id take reload over range anytime. I even dont take range module on many of my BBs. Specially the ones that have spotter planes.

But what I dont know at this very moment is what upgrade is it replacing?

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
5 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Id take reload over range anytime. I even dont take range module on many of my BBs. Specially the ones that have spotter planes.

But what I dont know at this very moment is what upgrade is it replacing?

Its replacing the standard reload module.

You get 6% better reload (18% instead of 12%) but your range gets cut from 26 km (admittedly too much) to just under 20 km.
image.png.fc941901fbdf81c67acd3f1561e13691.png
Distance - 26,08 km
Reload 
21,12 s

vs

image.png.fc12f652b825a59022c8f0c44ac2322c.png

Distance 19,82 km

Reload 19,68 s

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,096 posts
8,839 battles
[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles
15 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Its replacing the standard reload module.

You get 6% better reload (18% instead of 12%) but your range gets cut from 26 km (admittedly too much) to just under 20 km.
image.png.fc941901fbdf81c67acd3f1561e13691.png
Distance - 26,08 km
Reload 
21,12 s

vs

image.png.fc12f652b825a59022c8f0c44ac2322c.png

Distance 19,82 km

Reload 19,68 s

Yeah, id take that. Less sniping more brawling is always good in my book.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
2 minutes ago, siramra said:

Usually shots over 20km is waste of ammo. So I'm going to install the legendary reload.

Well, if you're a decent shot (which I am), you can hit pretty hard with the balistics of the Republique over 20 km.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
590 posts
Just now, Blixies said:

Well, if you're a decent shot (which I am), you can hit pretty hard with the balistics of the Republique over 20 km.

I don't have aim problems. It's the distance and time the Shell has to travel, those Seconds lets the target change its course. It however doesn't mean I never take those shots. Fun when they land.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles
Just now, Blixies said:

If targets maintain speed/heading. On slighest course change you are bound to miss. Shells are just too long in the air.

Thats why i dislike sniping.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,409 posts
15,156 battles

Not sure about Randoms but in Clan battles its Epic. One of our BB commanders swore by it. Specked ship and commander for rapid fire.. cant remember how short he got his reload. But it seemed some CA had a slower ROF (at least to the output of shells he was blasting)

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
2 minutes ago, siramra said:

I don't have aim problems. It's the distance and time the Shell has to travel, those Seconds lets the target change its course. It however doesn't mean I never take those shots. Fun when they land.

2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

If targets maintain speed/heading. On slighest course change you are bound to miss. Shells are just too long in the air.

Thats why i dislike sniping.

You're both right, but conisder this:
The Republique has the fastest shells of all BBs in the game thus giving your targets less time to react.
Also most of the movements can be predicted to a certain degree.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles
3 minutes ago, Blixies said:

You're both right, but conisder this:
The Republique has the fastest shells of all BBs in the game thus giving your targets less time to react.
Also most of the movements can be predicted to a certain degree.

I spoke from personal xp only. I tend to miss or overpen super structure on long ranges...

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

Not sure about Randoms but in Clan battles its Epic. One of our BB commanders swore by it. Specked ship and commander for rapid fire.. cant remember how short he got his reload. But it seemed some CA had a slower ROF (at least to the output of shells he was blasting)

Well, you cant go lower than 19.68 seconds minus the improved adrenaline rush. So if you're almost dead you can reach just under 15 seconds reload :)

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

So basically it gives you an almost 1.5 second faster reload while giving up a lot of range? Meh. That doesn't seem very appealing to me. Long range shooting can be a necessity in T10 matches. Especially to "pre warm up" sniping Yama's. And that 1.5 second profit on close(r) combat won't make much difference for me anyway. Rep is AFAIK the quickest T10 BB reloader anyway.

Players
1,708 posts
6,656 battles

Funny this came up as i finished the grind yesterday and was thinking about it.

Finding the Republique an interesting ship with it's fast reload and battlecrusier play style. I quite like it to be honest even though i do miss having more guns forward. 

I always find myself under 20 Km so the extra re-load is appealing. Oh and it's secondaries are quite effective, even when not fully spec. 

As i have Jean as captain and AR + Reload mod i can get it down to 15 secs when half health?  So firing very heavy shells every 13.5 secs is mouth watering. 

I try not to be another "sit and the back a snipe" battleship.  Too many of them at high tiers, including the infux of LMod Yams that are now knocking around.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
2 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

So firing very heavy shells every 13.5 secs is mouth watering. 

Where did you get that number?
15 seconds is the absolute minimum when you have 5% health with Honoré, right?

[BUSHI]
Players
3,180 posts
16,687 battles

From my battle perspective in Roma with 18 km range in IX/X maps, every meter of range more is very good. So many times had games when or enemy was not on my flank, or just was killed fast/or was in run mode from the start. Then even half of a game i had any targets to shoot at. Players close to me gain their "big caliber-s", while my Roma - the last place in scoreboard becouse she has simply no stupid range ! It was many times very frustrating experience, becouse that.

Of course beeing as close as possible is preferable, but we want our gun's blazing all the time, not matter when enemy is. From game start till the end.

• Cool 1

Players
1,708 posts
6,656 battles
14 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Where did you get that number?
15 seconds is the absolute minimum when you have 5% health with Honoré, right?

Could be wrong but "15 secs with half health" came up in conversation yesterday with a fellow clan mate when asking him how he spec it (and Captain skills) :Smile_amazed:

Will look tonight.  I think just giving it a try would be the best thing.

Always use reload in random when i play the Des and switch to range when playing clans.  Might be kinda the same thing here.

I personally think the republic is kinda "meh" at range.  It shines within 20Km due to it's fast rate of fire, Fires starting secondaries and the ability to quickly get out of dodge with the turbo button. I have been very very susprised with its armour too.  many a times i have been in the thick of it and got out alive.  When ships like the Kurf (cant turn for S***), Yam (high cit) and Monty (cit again) wouldn't. 

It's still early doors yet and only had a handful of games in it. Mostly tweaking it at the moment (switched aim mod to secondary).  Best to try all of them before setterling on a build.  I do this with most ships. 

7/10 wins with 70000 avg damage which is about normal for new ships that you tweek.  It's it's ability to really punish cruisers, however they angle, which is the key for this thing.  

[-GG-]
Players
166 posts
10,929 battles

26km range is just a number. No one can reliably and consistently land AP shots at +20km unless the target is completely stationary (mean: AFK)

Giving up those 6km range is like giving up nothing for 95% cases.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
576 posts
14,176 battles

And if BB players stay most of the time at max ranges we all know the results of the battles, or at least they should be obvious.

Players
1,708 posts
6,656 battles
4 minutes ago, radius77 said:

26km range is just a number. No one can reliably and consistently land AP shots at +20km unless the target is completely stationary (mean: AFK)

I agree.

It also encourages the player to use all that range which turns the game into camp-fest and cruisers end up tanking more than the actual bloody Battleships. 

Why it always the Yam or Bis that ends up being the last man standing with full health? Only to get smashed up in seconds by the triumphant enemy team :Smile-angry:

Does my head-in.

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
2 minutes ago, radius77 said:

While 26 km is way way too much, hitting targets on 20.5 km for example is quite common, especially with the shells as fast as Republique's.
You lose this option entirely.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,180 posts
16,687 battles

Especially ships with lower caliber guns like Alzace/Roma etc. we can only punish broadside. If I see targets which i can't penetrate on 12-15 km and broadside on >20 km, quess when I am shooting at. Many times even 1-2 shells are in target and it is often a long distance citadel hit.

Players
1,708 posts
6,656 battles
1 minute ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Especially ships with lower caliber guns like Alzace/Roma etc. we can only punish broadside. If I see target which i can penetrate on 12 km and broadside on >20 km, quess when I am shooting at.

Wait until you get the republic mate.  See that bow-on Des? Yeah hes gonna feel some pain. 

And i know what it feels like being on the receiving end of it.  I hate Republics and Yams with a passion, even when i'm play them (well Republic anyway). 

Like when i'm getting dropped by a Kaga in my Julio, nothing i can do about it. :Smile_veryhappy:

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,134 battles
28 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

7/10 wins with 70000 avg damage which is about normal for new ships that you tweek.  It's it's ability to really punish cruisers, however they angle, which is the key for this thing.  

Really?
My stats would disagree:image.thumb.png.64d7a1200e3cc7a67fd4a25f94c0b4a0.png
Especially my 28% win rate.

Sign in to follow this