Thracen

The Tashkent, I suck with it. Help?

16 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
Players
384 posts
5,367 battles

So I don't consider myself a bad player, however I know I am a very bad Tashkent player.

I Just don't know what to do in her, she cannot contest caps, she gets ambushed by cruisers and I feel when I don't play her like a dd, I feel my team is likely to lose because they have one less dd.

She doesn't seem fast enough to dodge incoming fire and she eats torps if she smokes up. I don't know if the heal is better but frankly I know others managing and I just can't so please, if you are feeling kind some help would be just peachy. 

I have searched the forum, and I didn't find anything in English, although I doubt the ability of the search function here, and there doesn't seem to be anything even close to recent after a youtube search. 

Also, I hate the ship with the burning rage of 10,000 suns.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,497 posts
11,621 battles

You can't play Tash like a DD. If you want to do that, choose another ship. (You wouldn't play a BB like a DD either, right? They are simply not made for that.)

Go for a full ruddershift build with no stealth and a captain like this: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000001010011100000100019

Use heal instead of smoke and then start spamming HE on max range. (If you really want to keep smoke, that's fine, I prefer heal though.)

Use torps if you have the chance, but don't play around them, your guns will do the most damage.

You can try to push caps later in the game or if you are sure there are no ships with better stealth on your flank, but it's not your job to rush a cap asap.

Best tactic is to find another DD in your team, go behind him and support him against anything he spots.

• Cool 2

Players
417 posts
3,597 battles

@Commander_Cornflakes summed it up nicely. Your main target in Tashkent is BB's (light them up from stem to stern and farm them) and DD's, as you can get a good rate of fire with those 130mm's. Also, the excellent shell ballistics makes both of these tasks relatively simple. When fighting DD's, try to maintain a bit of range to them, Tashkent isn't quite manoeuvrable enough to dodge torpedoes. The heal will help you here: most DD's can't keep taking the damage, while Tashkent has a large HP pool that is made even bigger by the heal. Also, if you haven't got the upgraded guns yet, they are a good choice: better velocity and shell ballistics, good penetration with AP, and very nice turret traverse. Combine that with around 15km of range and speed boost (along with some WASD), and you are untouchable to most ships. Just watch out for Zaos or Hindenburgs, they are good at hitting at longer range.

[GOT]
[GOT]
Players
52 posts
4,679 battles

I am still at the Kiev, which I do reasonable with, but I do recognize one issue: I feel you just have to cap with her in many situations (eg, everytime there are not 3-4 other DDs in your team). Sure it is bad for that, but who else is going to take the caps? And lighting BBs on fire is in the long run nice, but short term it gives your enemy the caps for free. So if the cap is large or has islands in it to hide behind, at least with Kiev I try to contest the cap. Maybe not the smartest idea, but giving it to the enemy for free also doesn't seem to be handy.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I've learned to play it from what I saw of Khabarovsk: mach 5 long distance shooting harassment. Indeed I didn't consider it a DD but more a superlight cruiser. Stealth build is useless in that sense: no matter how well you stealth build it, you'll be outstpotted with other DD's anyway. The long range shooting tactic isn't the "holy grale" OC (like nothing is in this game). It's a matter of adapting to the match line up situation. In a DD heavy line up you want to be close behind the stealth DD to help him with DD encounters. In a cruiser (especially radar) heavy line up: scout first to let them kill each other. I try to resist the allcommon "cap OCD" in those cases. It'll take a lot of cap ticking to overtake the point loss of your pointless sinking. In a Ru-Ru DD line up  you must pick the role of a full DD: because you won't be outspotted (in most of the cases). IIRC (not having access to my client right now) I didn't use the smoke but the heal. The speed is it's main strength. I want to keep moving as much as possible. Guns are it's main weapon but never forget your torpedo's. They can we wonderful as a parting gift.

Anyway, said strategies worked for me. The fact my main dmg isn't that impressive is because I'm still not the best shot in town. Also I actually find the playstyle of Trash and Khab rather boring... Much more a fan of the cat and mouse psychological "warfare" of torpedo oriented ships.

And parallel on topic: I've been so highly tempted to buy that second premium cammo! I find it looking amazing: like you don't run cammo at all. It's Soviet adornment at it's optimal peak performance. Making sure that red star isn't too conspicuous. If they give that to Khaba I don't think I could resist.... I'd be looking forward to the reports I'll get for not taking cammo!

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:18 AM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You can't play Tash like a DD. If you want to do that, choose another ship. (You wouldn't play a BB like a DD either, right? They are simply not made for that.)

Go for a full ruddershift build with no stealth and a captain like this: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000001010011100000100019

Use heal instead of smoke and then start spamming HE on max range. (If you really want to keep smoke, that's fine, I prefer heal though.)

Use torps if you have the chance, but don't play around them, your guns will do the most damage.

You can try to push caps later in the game or if you are sure there are no ships with better stealth on your flank, but it's not your job to rush a cap asap.

Best tactic is to find another DD in your team, go behind him and support him against anything he spots.

@Commander_Cornflakes covers it all here.

Also, you will need to learn to play like this - Tashkent is your training for Khabarovsk.

[SQRL]
Players
125 posts
10,865 battles

I play the khaba with heal, and trashcan with smoke (but no concealment expert). I tend to do better in the tash. I still mostly run & gun, but when the opportunity is right - you can pew pew from smoke very effectively - also giving your speed boost a chance to cool down.

Players
417 posts
3,597 battles

This is a game I just had with Tashkent, and a very fun one at that:

Just kite at high speed, set as many fires as you can. Those torpedo hits were on this NorCal, that surely was a bot. Either way, they hit hard enough to boost your damage up. Plus, with the upgraded guns you can manoeuvre hard and still keep the guns on target, US DD style. Also, use ths speed and your fast reload to get close and punish other DD's. Don't worry about taking some damage, as you can repair it while they probably can't. Anyway, this is probably my favourite DD, maybe my favourite ship at the moment.

image.png

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles

I mostly like the suggested commander build, but I'd probably switch out one of the 3-point skills for AR and PM. Stuff tends to break if you get shot, and you will, and if your engine breaks you will get shot more; PM helps against that. That leaves two points and AR is the obvious choice.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,497 posts
11,621 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, Runegrem sagte:

I mostly like the suggested commander build, but I'd probably switch out one of the 3-point skills for AR and PM. Stuff tends to break if you get shot, and you will, and if your engine breaks you will get shot more; PM helps against that. That leaves two points and AR is the obvious choice.

Yes, that is a good alternative. You can switch out Demolition Expert, since 2% more RNG is not that much ^^

• Cool 1

[132DA]
Players
85 posts
4,261 battles

Hi guys,

Just a question on the captain's skills. Here is my set up : Priority Target/Last Stand/Adrenaline Rush/Survivability Expert/AFT. On the road for the 7 remaining points...

I play without smoke. Use heal.

Is it  more profitable to take BFT to increase the firing rate or Demolition Expert to add 2% of fire chance ? Increase the Firing rate or Fire rate, that is the question ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers dudes.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,497 posts
11,621 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, Phil_ippe_8 sagte:

Is it  more profitable to take BFT to increase the firing rate or Demolition Expert to add 2% of fire chance ? Increase the Firing rate or Fire rate, that is the question ?

BFT is way better than DE. I mean, 10% > 2% and with more shells you get more fires anyway. The boost to AA is also nice.

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles
5 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

BFT is way better than DE. I mean, 10% > 2% and with more shells you get more fires anyway. The boost to AA is also nice.

That's not how the game calculates it as far as I've heard. You actually get 2 percentage points, which means the standard 8% fire chance becomes 10%. That's a 25% increase. Though with how I play the RU DDs I fight a lot of other DDs, so direct DPM is more important. If you're more of the player who spams BBs and cruisers for fire damage then DE is better.

[132DA]
Players
85 posts
4,261 battles

Many thanks guys, the matter of spaming DD or BB is depending on the game. I will run BFT to increase the direct dpm.

Cheers.

Le Phil qui vous salue bien !!!!

[BAD-B]
Players
742 posts
2,427 battles
18 hours ago, Phil_ippe_8 said:

Many thanks guys, the matter of spaming DD or BB is depending on the game. I will run BFT to increase the direct dpm.

Cheers.

Le Phil qui vous salue bien !!!!

If your main target are BBs, DE will be better. Your fire chance per salvo increases from 39.4% to 46.9% (without flags that is). Direct damage from BFT only applies to the superstructure with 130mm guns however you can still start fires all over the ship.

BFT is better if you go into DD fights ....

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

I've found the tashkent torps to be surprisingly useful. when you're in a kiting position (effectively more range) a lot of players seem to forget about them and they give you something to do while waiting for the spoodbeast cooldown and tash can be an amazing ambusher in the right situation. Easily my favourite ship on the RU line

• Cool 1